Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grossman vs Campbell

AJWatson3

This isn't even close. Campbell is light years better than Grossman right NOW, and there is no reason to think that the gap is going to get any narrower. There's not much you could do to get me to take Grossman on any team that I am building, even if you threw in half of the bears defense (unless I don't have to start grossman). Maybe I'm in the minority, but I firmly believe that Grossman is one of the worst starting QBs in the league, and there are many backups I would take over him.

The jury's still out on both guys, though Grossman has obviously had more opportunities. I think Campbell at the end of the day will have more game sense and be less rattles, and therefore less prone to making the Big Mistake that Grossman makes. Whether Campbell can make the big plays that Grossman makes remains to be seen, but personally I'm encouraged. I'm very happy with our guy and wouldn't trade him for Grossman, that's for sure.

I don't know, man. From the very start Campbell has been making plays. Both the touchdown pass to Cooley and the one to Yoder in his first game were spot on. He had patience and poise with both of them, and he was right on target. Another play that stands out was a sack that Campbell just willed himself out of. It was third and seven againts the Giants and two players were yanking him down, but Campbell just said "Eff that", escaped, and ran for 11 yards. Let's see Grossman do that.

Grossman has also been in the league longer and practiced with the first team. He is not in his sixth offense in as many years. I'd take Campbell over Grossman like I'd take a $100 bill over a $20.

I agree. While Campbell's completion percentage of 51.8% was low, his touchdown to interception ratio of 10/6 was very good for a first year player starting.

Campbell at 6'4 has the arm and physical strength factors in his favor that Grossman does not.

Grossman is going to have to be a better tactician and passer to overcome more talented players he is competing against.

But Grossman to this point has not shown any greater degree of on-field presence, despite the fact he has started more games in the NFL.

Honestly, I'm playing more devil's advocate here. I'm thrilled with Campbell's development and think he can be really, really good. Grossman has all of the stuff you detest in a young QB, particularly his propensity to get overwhelmed with the game situation and make bad mistakes because he's trying too hard to make big plays. Frankly, Ramsey had that tendency. I love that Campbell seems to play within himself.

As with medicine, the first rule of quarterbacking should be "first do no harm".

Rex Grossman looks like a retarded person. No offense to any retards here, but he does look awfully dumb.

Heres why I take Jason Campbell over Rex Grossman every day of the year.

Jason Campbell - Cool under pressure and clutch

Grossman - needs to play with a lead or at least a 1 possesion game to win.

That's like comparing a h.s. senior that's been to the State Championship and a young incoming sophomore with two games under his belt as a freshman. It don't compute, nor should it be argued at this point. I will say this though, Campbell's got more gift in his left arm than Grossman does in his right IMO. Time will tell, but Grossman is garbage and proved such in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl. A complete and utter meltdown including floaters, piss poor reads, bad decisions, and mental brain farts in the post season. No sign of that in Campbell whatsoever. Not saying it can't happen with him, but no one can deny that Campbell makes good decisions. I could give 20 reasons why if you want me to. Other than being thrown to the lions so to speak and throwing a few in the dirt, I don't see the downside in Jason Campbell. Bill Lazor and I agree on that :silly:

HTTR

That although inconsistant, he can lead his team to the superbowl.

Thats just nonesense. Any, even remotley, footbal knowledgable person would tell you different. Grossman has never, I REPEAT... NEVER, whipped up, created, managed or even tasted a comeback win from behind.

I know plenty of Bears fans and that guy is one snap away from an INT on every play.

He has been in the league since 2003.

In 2003, he played in 3 games. He managed 3 fumbles and 1 interception and a whoppimg completion percentage of 52.8

In 2004 he played in 3 games. He managed 2 fumbles and 3 interceptions and a much improved completion percentage of 56.

In 2005 he played in 2 games, had no fumbles and 2 interceptions. He genrated a completion percentage of 51.3.

In 2006 he played in all 16 games. He fumbled 8 times, threw 20 interceptions and had a 54.6 completion percentage.

All time he has thrown only 1 more TD than INT (27/26) and has fumbled 13 times. This is all in 24 games. Tossing hail Mary's and getting lucky does not a good QB make.

What in the world would give you the idea that he lead his team anywhere except almost single handedly down the toilet? He rode his team to the Superbowl. Nothing more...

rex grossman is a horrid QB and ive had that opinion since week 1. he throws nothing other than heave bomb passes. watching the bears offense is like watching a 13 year old play madden on the internet. bomb pass after bomb pass. he has horrid decision making, and throws way too many interceptions. he was an awful QB, and he is one of the main reasons they lost the superbowl. he will be on a short leash this season, unless he drastically improves.

grossman is garbage...the bears made it to the super bowl because they played the weakest schedule ive ever seen...game over.

the bears schedule was so soft it wasnt even funny, but the jets schedule was even worse. at least the bears crushed a lot of the bad teams they played, the jets eeked out a ton of wins over crappy teams for a 10-6 record.

the bears played 13 games against teams 8-8 or below. thats beyond ridiculous. the jets played 12 games against teams that were 8-8 and below. i just hate cakewalk schedules.

They have to believe in T-Rex. Because they know full well, if he continues to play the way he has, they dont have a shot.

Grossman has had some decent games(but then again hes on a lot better team with a lot better defense, so its a lot easier to succeed). However he also has had a lot of absolutely dreadful performances. Campbell was consistent throughout the season.

Grossman has barely played, what a season and a half? It takes time to develop a QB. He has the tools. He does play on a team with an incredible amount of talent on the offense. Great line, Vet WR in Moose, good TE and Jones carried that team like Portis carried us.

Grossman has barely played, what a season and a half? It takes time to develop a QB. He has the tools. He does play on a team with an incredible amount of talent on the offense. Great line, Vet WR in Moose, good TE and Jones carried that team like Portis carried us.

I disagree. I think their offense is not very good. That entire offense revolved around Jones. Now he is a Jet. The defense is top notch but disgruntled. They were the one and only reason for their SB berth.

That and a really weak schedule.

One of the best O lines in the NFL. Moose is a very good vet, look how Carolina dropped off when he left and then, after relizing what they did, signed Key. Clarke is a good TE who stepped up huge last year for Rex. Good young WR's. I'm not sold on Benson as a starter, but as the back up? Great. Thomas Jones is very good and did carry that team. So where are all these weeknesses your talking about?

Archived