Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grossman vs Campbell

AJWatson3

It was a tale of two seasons for him. After 7 games the national media was calling him the league's MVP. The second half he sucks. No one is saying he is great but he has only started 22 games and has potential. Did you see all the games that Peyton sucked last year, like the Titans game? Manning looked like Mark Brunnell in that one

Grossman

2006 ATT 262 COMP 480 YDS 3193 COMP 54.6 TD 23 INT 20 RTG 73.9

Manning

2006 ATT 362 COMP 557 YDS 4397 COMP 65.0 TD 31 INT 9 RTG 101.0

You are killing me man. There is a HUGE difference between throwing for 100 rating in 7 games and ending the season with a 100 rating. Peyton had 3 or 4 games below an 80 rating, and nothing near your boy's 1.2 and 0.0 performances. AND BTW, speaking of Peyton, he also had 7 games above 100 rating, so you can toss that stat about Grossman out the window as well.

Can't wait to see what bs you come up with next to justify your Grossman man crush.

By the way, which Titans game were you talking about for Peyton sucking?

5 TEN W 14-13 20 31 166 64.5 23 2 1 86.2

or

13 @TEN L 20-17 21 28 351 75.0 68 1 2 98.8

um....yeah ok.

Let me show you a couple games that define SUCK ass........

6 @ARI W 24-23 14 37 144 37.8 26 0 4 10.2 (10.2) was a rating not yards per

9 MIA L 31-13 18 42 210 42.9 34 1 3 36.8 (36.8) wow another great one

12 @NE L 17-13 15 34 176 44.1 47 0 3 23.6 (23.6) lighting it up man

13 MIN W 23-13 6 19 34 31.6 10 0 3 1.3 (1.3) how in the hell is that even possible?

17 GNB L 26-7 2 12 33 16.7 27 0 3 0.0 (0.0) umm...... :notworthy officially the most embarrasing of all his performances

Diesel, how many times do I have to say this guy had real problems? But he has real potential also. You pick the bad games and I pick the 7 great games. I focus on the potential and let's see how he does over time. We're just fans on the outside, but the Bear's have the inside track on this guy and they are firmly committed. Jerry Angelo is the best talent evaluator in football and he could have picked up any number of QBs in the offseason, but he didn't. They see something in Grossman

Come on, at least try to be fair. He was the league MVP for the first half of the season and you say he sucked? He has big issues that need to be fixed but has big upside. You want to throw away a qb after 22 games?

i know theres no way to prove i felt that way, but im just telling you as an honest guy i thought he sucked. heave bomb passes only impress if they are done well, and he just played a game of 500 on the football field and chucked it downfield. not impressive, its like playing a kid in madden who just throws bombs to chad johnson over and over. sooner or later, he'll come down with one for 60 yards and make the highlight reel. hes not a good QB.

Diesel, how many times do I have to say this guy had real problems? But he has real potential also. You pick the bad games and I pick the 7 great games. I focus on the potential and let's see how he does over time. We're just fans on the outside, but the Bear's have the inside track on this guy and they are firmly committed. Jerry Angelo is the best talent evaluator in football and he could have picked up any number of QBs in the offseason, but he didn't. They see something in Grossman

Its not about picking 7 and my picking 7, its the superlatives you are using, and you shelled out another one in your last post. Angelo is the best talent evaluator? No he isn't. Maybe one of the top ones, but not the best.

As for Grossman

Strongest arm - no he doesn't

Best seam route thrower - no he isn't

MVP for half the season - no he wasn't

#1 100+ rating QB last season - no he wasn't

I like that you want to defend him, but you gotta be real. I posted what scouts think about him.

a. he has an average arm

b. he throws rinky dink passes - ala Brunell

c. not a really smart guy (throws a lot of balls that shouldn't be thrown)

d. will not be a great NFL quarterback, perhaps an average one though

You got one thing right, we are fans looking in from the outside, but when you start throwing out Best, and MVP and potential, you gotta give some huge supporting facts otherwise you are free game to debated on until the cows come home.

:cheers: though. I really wasn't trying to dog on you, i was just trying to engage in a friendly offseason debate!

they see that their defense is so dominating it doesnt matter what QB they have behind center. griese is perfectly capable of leading that power running offense, with a devestating defense.

they see that their defense is so dominating it doesnt matter what QB they have behind center. griese is perfectly capable of leading that power running offense, with a devestating defense.

Gotta agree with BLC, from my perspective, Grossman isn't even the best quarterback on the Bears roster. Griese is much better suited to run that thing.

i can honestly say i thought he sucked from week 1. i hate the way he plays. all he did was throw up bombs, and its just really poor QBing. from the first sportscenter highlight reel i saw on him i thought he blew. sure he got away with some of that stuff, and it inflated his numbers, same way mark brunell inflated his numbers by throwing 2 yard dump offs so his completion rating looked great. grossman was incapable of anything other than the deep pass, and when teams took that way, he was AWFUL.

every QB has a bad game or two, grossman had bad months. and when he was bad, he was BAD. i know hes young, but until he learns how to throw over the middle or anything other than hail mary passes, hes going to struggle. that TE they got might help him with some shorter stuff. and hester could turn out to be awesome.

Out of curiosity, did you watch any Bears' games in their entirety last year?

Its not about picking 7 and my picking 7, its the superlatives you are using, and you shelled out another one in your last post. Angelo is the best talent evaluator? No he isn't. Maybe one of the top ones, but not the best.

As for Grossman

Strongest arm - no he doesn't

Best seam route thrower - no he isn't

MVP for half the season - no he wasn't

#1 100+ rating QB last season - no he wasn't

I like that you want to defend him, but you gotta be real. I posted what scouts think about him.

a. he has an average arm

b. he throws rinky dink passes - ala Brunell

c. not a really smart guy (throws a lot of balls that shouldn't be thrown)

d. will not be a great NFL quarterback, perhaps an average one though

You got one thing right, we are fans looking in from the outside, but when you start throwing out Best, and MVP and potential, you gotta give some huge supporting facts otherwise you are free game to debated on until the cows come home.

:cheers: though. I really wasn't trying to dog on you, i was just trying to engage in a friendly offseason debate!

Actually he had 7 100+ games which was #1 in the NFL (that's a fact). He has one of the strongest arms in football according to scouts and they also say he throws the best seam routs. I have seen every game this guy has played , you only seen a few

Out of curiosity' date=' did you watch any Bears' games in their entirety last year?[/quote']

arizona

seattle

new england

listened to the giants/bears game on the radio

saints playoff

superbowl

not to mention just pieces i saw while at hard times watching skins away games. you dont need to watch a whole game to know what grossman is about. hes not very good.

arizona

seattle

new england

listened to the giants/bears game on the radio

saints playoff

superbowl

not to mention just pieces i saw while at hard times watching skins away games. you dont need to watch a whole game to know what grossman is about. hes not very good.

So, you admit you didn't see him take apart the Giants and the Seahawks twice

So, you admit you didn't see him take apart the Giants and the Seahawks twice

i saw the first seattle game. i honestly dont remember it much other than that the seahawks couldnt move the ball at all. either way, lets say he did pick them apart (232 and 2 TDs 54% completion rating isnt something to get that excited about) it still doesnt make him good considering all the horrendous games he had.

Actually he had 7 100+ games which was #1 in the NFL (that's a fact). He has one of the strongest arms in football according to scouts and they also say he throws the best seam routs. I have seen every game this guy has played , you only seen a few

Ok, here we go. Omeletpants your Fact is BS.

Mark Bulger led the league last year in games of over 100+ ratings. He had 8

Manning and Grossman both had 7 games

There are 6 other QB's who had 6 games (Huard, Brees, McNabb, Romo sits to pee, Palmer, Rivers)

Now here is the stat of all stats. Of the 9 quarterbacks to have 6 or more games of 100+ passer ratings, 8 of them ended the year with no lower than an 92.0 overall passer rating.

Can you guess who the 1 QB who ended the year with a 73.9 was?

Potential is a stupid debate. Technically anyone who makes it to the NFL has potential what they do with it is what determines how they will be judged, and to this point, consistancy and Grossman should never be mentioned in the same breath.

As far as strongest arm and best seam route, please show me the scouts who have said this about him, because i already showed you one article that says neither of those statements, but the exact opposite via ESPN.

Lastly, the whole post is Campbell vs Grossman. And if you want to bring up passer ratings........

Campbell 76.5 - 7 games, and he only got better at the end

Grossman 73.9

Now you show me a scout that wants Grossman over Campbell and ill :notworthy to you. Until then get your facts right or show some facts to back up your points, as i have multiple times now.

here is the link for passer ratings last year by the way......and before you start clowning on Brunell, Grossman should hope he has a career anywhere near the level of Mark's.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular

Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating

1 Peyton Manning IND 4397 557 362 31 9 68 101.0

2 Damon Huard KC 1878 244 148 11 1 78 98.0

3 Drew Brees NO 4418 554 356 26 11 86 96.2

4 Donovan McNabb PHI 2647 316 180 18 6 87 95.5

5 Tony Romo sits to pee DAL 2903 337 220 19 13 56 95.1

6 Carson Palmer CIN 4035 520 324 28 13 74 93.9

7 Marc Bulger STL 4301 588 370 24 8 67 92.9

8 Philip Rivers SD 3388 460 284 22 9 57 92.0

9 Tom Brady NE 3529 516 319 24 12 62 87.9

10 Mark Brunell WAS 1789 260 162 8 4 74 86.5

11 J.P. Losman BUF 3051 429 268 19 14 83 84.9

12 Chad Pennington NYJ 3352 485 313 17 16 71 82.6

13 Jake Delhomme CAR 2805 431 263 17 11 72 82.6

14 Steve McNair BAL 3050 468 295 16 12 87 82.5

15 David Carr HOU 2767 442 302 11 12 53 82.1

16 David Garrard JAC 1735 241 145 10 9 49 80.5

17 Jon Kitna DET 4208 596 372 21 22 60 79.9

18 Eli Manning NYG 3244 522 301 24 18 55 77.0

19 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 2442 371 210 18 15 72 76.0

20 Michael Vick ATL 2474 388 204 20 13 55 75.7

21 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 3513 469 280 18 23 67 75.4

22 Alex Smith SF 2890 442 257 16 16 75 74.8

23 Matt Leinart ARI 2547 377 214 11 12 58 74.0

24 Rex Grossman CHI 3193 480 262 23 20 62 73.9

25 Brett Favre GB 3885 613 343 18 18 82 72.7

26 Charlie Frye CLE 2454 392 252 10 17 75 72.2

27 Brad Johnson MIN 2750 439 270 9 15 46 72.0

28 Jake Plummer DEN 1994 317 175 11 13 83 68.8

29 Joey Harrington MIA 2236 388 223 12 15 48 68.2

30 Vince Young TEN 2199 357 184 12 13 53 66.7

Potential is a stupid debate.

So, if a QB has a bad first year he is cast as a dog for his entire career? It's not what you do over the short term but the long term. You want to brand Bradshaw or Unitis because they stunk it up year 1? No, potential is a valid argument because it says you can become an accomplished player. It's those without potential that don't have a chance.

Grossman throws the ball up blindly way too much. I'll wouldn't have him on my fantasy team until he gets into the habit of looking before he actually throws the long ball. He's got a big upside as everyone's seen, but it's usually because he gets a couple lucky balls caught that shouldn't have been thrown.

Campbell has shown that he's both smarter and more poised, even though that might mean a fantasy quarterback who is consistent, but not necessarily a big point scorer. We'll see what both can do this season.

So, if a QB has a bad first year he is cast as a dog for his entire career? It's not what you do over the short term but the long term. You want to brand Bradshaw or Unitis because they stunk it up year 1? No, potential is a valid argument because it says you can become an accomplished player. It's those without potential that don't have a chance.

No, all i said is that every NFL player has potential so to say that Grossman has potential is like saying ketchup is red.

Why is it that after i have invalidated all of your other points you go and try to find a word in one of my posts to break down or start another post. Just say, crap, i thought i was right, but i guess not. Its not hard to do at all. Really, just look at the facts and say, im sorry i was misinformed about Rexy. Blame it on someone else if you want, but stop trying to validate what he has done (which is piggy back one of the leagues best defenses) and understand that Grossman is an AVERAGE NFL QB at best.

This arguement is stupid. It takes a lot of time to e able to calm down and run an NFL offense. The two combined have under 30 starts. Not one of you know how Cambell is going to play this year. I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but calm down. If in a year or two, Rexy hasn't improved, fine. Loseman is starting to look better and he is a similar QB to grossman. Look how Big Ben dropped off without JB running behind him. What about Green, Farve, Young and countless others who took more than a year and a half to get it going. It's like you have two green tomatoes and your sitting around argueeing about which one will be redder.

I don't see how anyone could even compare these two. They are total different players and IMO, Jason Campbell is going to be a lot better then Rex. He has more poise,stronger arm,faster legs, and better overall vision. I don't care what anyone says, I'm glad we have JC and not Rex Grossman. dude is POO

Archived