Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WELCOME: New Extremeskins Staff Members!

Tarhog

It is with great pride, affection, and enthusiasm that the staff at Extremeskins.com announce the birth of two new staff members. Although we've been unable to locate anyone willing to legally claim paternal rights to these two miscreants, the gracious and generous staff of Extremeskins.com has decided to bless them with our grace and acknowledgement anyway :)

Please join us in welcoming Brian Murphy (aka 'themurf') and John Pappas (aka 'JimmiJo') as official members of the Extremeskins staff.

As those of you who've been here for awhile know, we rarely and cautiously make additions to our staff. We're picky ****s, and its a rare thing when we find someone adequately cynical, disturbed, antisocial, egotistical, and power-hungry enough to meet our minimum staff requirements. Plus, as those of you who've met us in person know, they have to possess rugged good looks and charm. Brian and John have not only met those honorable standards, but exceeded them. We made an exception on the looks and charm crap this time out.

I first met Brian Murphy at Redskin's minicamp several years back. In fact, I believe it was the year that the Redskin's were still considering adding Extremeskins.com to the Redskins 'empire'. Discussions were well in hand, and we considered our reporting at that minicamp a 'dress rehearsal'. Apparently we didn't muck it up too badly. I stumbled upon Brian there. He'd somehow convinced his bosses in the US Army (Brian is an award-winning photojournalist and writer for that 'nearly as good as the USMC' branch of the American military) that covering the Redskins was critical to national security. That, and he had a major boner for Robert McCune's biceps. To make a long story short, Brian so impressed me (something only Huly has done previously and for entirely different reasons) that I immediately bonded with him, recognizing him as a 100% genuine great guy. Later, when I met his incredibly intelligent and hot young wife, I knew my instincts were correct. We soon recognized Brian's natural skills as a writer, photographer, and interviewer, an amazing feat since we had none of those skills ourselves. Before long, Brian agreed to help us out when we needed it at Redskin's events, pre-season games, and elsewhere. Before long, it was clear he belonged on the sidelines during the regular season and in the locker room where he excelled at putting players at ease and asking astute (and often humorous) questions. Brian was a natural. And so we are truly thrilled to make him 'officlal'. Its long overdue Murf.

Which brings us to John Pappas. Better known as 'JimmiJo' to most of you, John offered to help us out as a local coverage guy one weekend and has stepped up over and over ever since. Thats a nice way of saying, he wouldn't go away, and we finally gave up trying to give him subtle hints :) An entrepreneur in his own right, John manages his own website, http://capitalnewsservices.net, and http://skinscast.com (part of the Bang! podcast network), in his spare time. John has made major contributions to our Redskins Park coverage over the past 2 years. One of the hardest working and energetic guys I've ever met, John has an easy-going personality which has allowed him to forge some real relationships with the traditional Redskins coverage media guys. He is a genuinely nice guy, and has (to put it bluntly) busted his tail for us over and over again, with nothing in return but gratitude. He has a keen eye for football basics and his commentary at Gibb's press conferences and other Redskins events has wet the appetite of countless extremeskins members.

In short, Brian and John have generously spent an enormous amount of time and energy contributing content, opinion, photos, interviews, and insight to the membership of extremeskins.com, and it is with great pride that we announce their addition as offical staff members. Please congratulate Brian and John on this well-deserved recognition, and we look forward to even greater things from them both in the years to come.

I cannot thank everyone enough for the vote of confidence - albiet undeserved on my part.

Even still, I will do my best to live up to this terrific honor. I could not be more pleased to be honored along with my partner-in-crime, TheMurf. He has a keen wit and a sharp eye for photography. Plus he looks good in those hotpants he sometimes wears.

Here's to the greatest message board ever - Exteme Skins!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to call all of my friends and shout, "In Your Face!"

:applause:

Congrats to both....

For John....nice to know someone from Frederick actually made it "big time" !!! You may make the front of the News Post for that!!! :laugh:

:applause: :logo: :applause: :logo: :applause: :logo: :applause:

Archived