Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins fans feelings towards the Ravens.

Skins&Terps07

They suck because everyone in our area suddenly likes them if they score a touchdown. Yet if the Skins win, it'll always be a "miracle."

Maryland just can't handle the fact that DC Football always has been and always will be better than Baltimore (Browns) Football.

edit- with a name like "Failing2BeOptimistic," its kind of ironic how he's all over the Raven's ball sac. But only if he's a Skins fan, otherwise I'm just madly confusen.

Let the truth be told they are the Browns....The Colts took their name. Edgar Allen Poe's impact on literature was introducing the horror genre.....or perfecting it......Good thing he wasn't a gay prostitute. But what Baltimore lifestyle is really about is having the worst quality streets in the US,being infested with STD's,homicide rates,poorest educational system, declining wildlife habitat(where did the crabs go), and heroin problems.

But all those words would cost alot to merchandise with.

I think my name says it all. Their team is classless, their fans even more so.

And nothing pisses me off more than that they cheer for my Terps. They have UMBC in their backyard, cheer for those losers.

I BRIEFLY lived in Glen Burnie for a time. What kills me is that they still wear their Super Bowl champion shirts to this day. Since most Ravens fans gain an average of 40 pounds a year on a diet of Chic-fil-A and Wal-Mart pizza, most of them don't fit anymore.

Imagine if an entire fan base was made up of the guys from your high school wrestling team that still wear their letterman's jackets 14 years later. That is Ravens fans in a nutshell.

I was wondering how people on this board felt about the Ravens and their fans? Do you like them as a second team?

Are you kidding? It's :puke: :redpunch: :mad: :finger: for the other 3 in our division... then the Ravens. I would probably put their fans at the top of the :pooh: list though.

Let the truth be told they are the Browns....The Colts took their name. Edgar Allen Poe's impact on literature was introducing the horror genre.....or perfecting it......Good thing he wasn't a gay prostitute. But what Baltimore lifestyle is really about is having the worst quality streets in the US,being infested with STD's,homicide rates,poorest educational system, declining wildlife habitat(where did the crabs go), and heroin problems.

But all those words would cost alot to merchandise with.

Sounds like B-more. Their fans are some of the worst, mainly bandwagoners. I dont hate the team, just Ray Lewis as a person.

From what I understand, Baltimore football fans feel more animosity toward the Skins than vice versa. I'm not sure when this all started, but from what I understand, after the Colts left town I think a lot of Baltimoreans thought that the Skins were trying to "impose" themselves (for lack of a better term)on the Baltimore area, and the fans there wouldn't buy it.

I don't really have many feelings toward the Ravens. I recall seeing us lose to them in the first year we were at the Big Jack (1997) in miserable weather and then driving my mom up to Baltimore where we were meeting my stepdad, who was there for a business interview. I hung out in their hotel room for a few hours and their local newscasts treated the win as if they had won the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

I do think it could be a hell of a rivalry though. There have been some recent threads talking about the possibility of a 17th regular season game and someone had the good idea that perhaps that game could be reserved for a "geographical" rivalry game like Skins vs. Ravens (instead of this overseas BS), although I'm not sure what would happen in years when we normally play the AFC North.

i absolutely hate the ravens and i think that most skins fans do, especially if you live in maryland. like previous posters have said, most ravens fans are bandwagoners and they aren't very knowledgable fans. that said, i have a lot of respect for the baltimore area skins fans that have stuck with the skins instead of jumping ship for the ravens like a lot of the bandwagoners of my generation have. my roommate is a ravens fan but he doesn't even watch the games and will only sport a jersey when they win. pathetic

wait a minute....Baltimore has a team again??? thats madness, that would be like a murderer getting off because he makes alot of tackles.

Yeah dude... they got a team again. And since our 17 year drought they managed to win a Super Bowl. Of course they have a superb while ours is corner street vaginal with something to live up to. I haven't heard anything about their actual play on the field if we could marry our offense with their defense we might have a ring to sport for every day of the week.

I think my name says it all. Their team is classless, their fans even more so.

And nothing pisses me off more than that they cheer for my Terps. They have UMBC in their backyard, cheer for those losers.

I BRIEFLY lived in Glen Burnie for a time. What kills me is that they still wear their Super Bowl champion shirts to this day. Since most Ravens fans gain an average of 40 pounds a year on a diet of Chic-fil-A and Wal-Mart pizza, most of them don't fit anymore.

Imagine if an entire fan base was made up of the guys from your high school wrestling team that still wear their letterman's jackets 14 years later. That is Ravens fans in a nutshell.

Haha I totally agree with ya buddy. It does kinda make me mad that so many of my fellow Terp fans are also Ravens fans.

I'm a fan of MD/DC area teams - Georgetown, Terps, GW, Os, Nats, Wizards, etc. Of course, the Skins trump all.

That said, the Ravens are my AFC team. I have a ton of respect for their FO and team.

I've never understood the supposed "rivalry" - seems manufactured to me.

I'm a Redskins first and foremost, but hey, if the Skins are out of the playoffs, you bet I'll back the local favorites. If they were NFC foe, probably not, but since they are AFC, I wouldn't have a problem rooting for the Ravens if they were making a run(though my AFC team is the Steelers due to many reasons). I wouldn't call myself a fan of them in that situation, though. Just supporting the locals. A win for the Ravens is good for Baltimore and good for Maryland.

Anyways, I've worn my jersey on campus a couple of times (I go to UMBC). I see a good amount of Redskins stuff on campus.

To tell you the truth, I probably see more Ravens stuff during the season, but during the offseason (spring semester), Redskins stuff is still around. That should tell you something...

Ravens fans are like prostitutes. They're not loyal, and they don't really care about who they're screaming for.

:applause::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::applause:

Perfect way to describe Ravens Fans!...That being said, the post was about "feelings toward the Ravens" not toward their fans. I absolutely HATE Ravens fans...My roomate is a fan and he epitomizes everything I hate about the Ravens fanbase. Wearing a jersey when they win, talking **** about how they are idiots and criminals etc. when they lose. During the offseason, most Ravens fans don't follow the team at all....I respect the opinion of any knowledgable and true DIEHARD fan, but most Ravens fans are just cheering for them because its the "cool thing to do."

However, as a sports management major, and someone who follows the business of the sports industry very closely, I do respect the Ravens FO and the way the team is run. I also think they draft well. But if the Raven's play the Skin's...I hope we kill them. So tired of Ravens fans talking **** about how much better they are than the Skins.

-HATE Bandwagon fans

-Respect the Ravens FO

-Could care less if the Ravens win or lose but hope they die if we ever play them

Archived