Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins fans feelings towards the Ravens.

Skins&Terps07

Despite the fact that we only play them once every four years, the Ravens are the closest team geographically to us (with M&T bank stadium only a 40 minute drive from Fed Ex.) Here in College Park there are large contingents of both Skins and Ravens fans, so naturally there is a lot of bumping heads between these two groups.

Personally, most of the Ravens fans I encounter here are of the bandwagon variety. They get all excited anytime the Ravens do well but as soon as the Ravens are doing poorly, they are nowhere to be found. I will always respect any die-hard, knowledgeable fan of any team, but it seems like those are few and far between for that team that wears purple. Being at UMD for a few years has intensified my dislike for the Ravens as the war for bragging rights has raged on. Now I will always root for them to lose unless a Ravens victory would somehow benefit the Redskins.

I was wondering how people on this board felt about the Ravens and their fans? With a team so close by, Im sure everyone has had some overlap with Ravens fans. This is especially true for us Skins fans who live in Maryland. Do you like them as a second team? Are you indifferent to them becasue they play in a different conference and don't really affect us? Do you hate them? Ive heard many different perspectives from Redskins fans when it comes to them. I think it'll be interesting to see how the extremeskins community views our neighbor to the north.

I hate them almost as much as the Eagles.

Sorry, just because the Browns moved here doesn't mean that I'm a Browns fan. And yes, they are still the Browns.

I've found their fans to be idiots when it comes to football, and one of my best friends, who had the highest possible GPA in high school (4.62 with weighted grades) and a 1590 SAT score is one.

Now that I think about it, fans of all teams of birds tend to be morons. Ravens, Eagles, Cardinals, Falcons, Seahawks, hmmmm.

I don't like them. The few that are tolerable are the old school Baltimore Colts fans. That's the problem though, they are OLD school. Far and few.

The majority of their fans remind me of UMD or Orioles fans, just obnoxious and annoying. At least UMD and Orioles fans are loyal though. I just think all the fans are young, dumb, full of beer and thinking it's cool to fight anything that goes by, etc....

Man, I sound old.

I HATE the Ravens.

I cannot express how angery i get at Skins fans who cheer for the Ravens.

People who claim to be skins fans but get just a little happy when the Ravens win make me sick.

Jet fans hate the Giants.

Met fans Hate the Yankees

Sox fans Hate the Cubs

REDSKINS fans should hate the ravens.

This topic get ms sooo angery, when people are like "yea if the ravens wins i enjoyt it" or "yea well i get to see there games, so i root for them." NO.

Unlike my friend the OP, I don't have the same resentment towards Ravens fans. I still don't like them cause they all gave up on the Redskins (the ones around my age at least did). Now if a Ravens fans used to be a Browns fan, I totally respect that. For my hate meter, its:

Dallas

Philly

NYG

Baltimore

I HATE the Ravens.

I cannot express how angery i get at Skins fans who cheer for the Ravens.

People who claim to be skins fans but get just a little happy when the Ravens win make me sick.

Jet fans hate the Giants.

Met fans Hate the Yankees

Sox fans Hate the Cubs

REDSKINS fans should hate the ravens.

This topic get ms sooo angery, when people are like "yea if the ravens wins i enjoyt it" or "yea well i get to see there games, so i root for them." NO.

I agree. When at the Draft Day party I actually ran into a few people who said they root for the Redskins first and the Ravens second. Really made me mad. I can't stand them and I dislike them the same way Mets fans dislike the yankees.

Despite the fact that we only play them once every four years, the Ravens are the closest team geographically to us (with M&T bank stadium only a 40 minute drive from Fed Ex.) Here in College Park there are large contingents of both Skins and Ravens fans, so naturally there is a lot of bumping heads between these two groups.

Personally, most of the Ravens fans I encounter here are of the bandwagon variety. They get all excited anytime the Ravens do well but as soon as the Ravens are doing poorly, they are nowhere to be found. I will always respect any die-hard, knowledgeable fan of any team, but it seems like those are few and far between for that team that wears purple. Being at UMD for a few years has intensified my dislike for the Ravens as the war for bragging rights has raged on.

I was wondering how people on this board felt about the Ravens and their fans? With a team so close by, Im sure everyone has had some overlap with Ravens fans. This is especially true for us Skins fans who live in Maryland. Do you like them as a second team? Are you indifferent to them becasue they play in a different conference and don't really affect us? Do you hate them? I think it'll be interesting to see how the extremeskins community views our neighbor to the north.

I'm glad you started this thread. I used to work in B'more and prior to that I'd pull for the Ravens. I kinda felt like, we're brother cities and the teams are in different conferences, why not pull for them and have a Skins/Ravens superbowl. Then after some time there, I began to hate the city, the people and the team. The attitudes I encountered were very negative towards everything about Washington; basically screw Washington. So, my attitude became screw Baltimore.

Yeah, I'm at Salisbury University on the Eastern Shore right now, and usually there is a good mix of the competing jersey's on campus come monday. Seems like the only Ravens fans are from Baltimore though, in Frederick (home) it's all Skins, and the locals over here on the shore are all Skins fans too.

As for the fans themselves? They're obnoxious, neurotic, and wear purple, 'nuff said.

The Colts were my second team growing up, still are

Bubba, i know you love the skins to death, so this is not directed toward you, but i quoted you because of the use of "second"

If anyone has a "second favorite team" then they are not a fan of this team.

The term "second favorite" is an oxy-moron. A favorite is a team that is liked more than any other. There is no such thing as a second.

I have the same view for "second best." The "second best" may be the first runner up, but they are not the second best. There is only 1 best.

There is only 1 favorite.

Bubba, i know you love the skins to death, so this is not directed toward you, but i quoted you because of the use of "second"

If anyone has a "second favorite team" then they are not a fan of this team.

The term "second favorite" is an oxy-moron. A favorite is a team that is liked more than any other. There is no such thing as a second.

I have the same view for "second best." The "second best" may be the first runner up, but they are not the second best. There is only 1 best.

There is only 1 favorite.

Looks like you're my favorite person tonight. I COULD NOT AGREE MORE that anyone who says they have a second favorite team is not a real fan. You pour you're heart and soul into one team and one team only. These are the same type of people who say they are excited for next week's game and then ask who we are playing.

I say we are allowed an AFC team to cheer for. Ravens are it.

Besides from having a tool of a Head Coach, pourous OL, and being so passive and cheap with their money in FA ,they have alot going for them.

Special Teams BJ Sams easily is near consistent as DHester is. BJ got hurt last season but returns 1-3 TD's a year (just they get called back)

Best expansion team drafting. Hands down no refuting that.

If you are like myself- defensively minded and pride riden- they do it with such ego/pride that they carry the whole city year round. Their D even showcases McAllister/Rolle who are the only reasons teams score on them.

Their role players step in better than any other team and eventually get promoted within which is admirable in a business world.

Their training camp at Western MD college- is the best fan based experience I have ever seen or heard of. Close interaction with players, wrap around field access to view while they play, pepsi zone for kids, instead of a one side fence- from path to field and 60ft from field like at Redskins camp, the ravens provided multiple VIP tents, bleachers, shaded tree grass areas by field and a gauntlet that players past and sign to locker rooms.

Plus you can get a job for S.A.F.E. Mgt and get paid to do "security" which is like being a paid fan and just enjoy the weather and watch the Ravens play football in August.

Addition of Mcgahee should upgrade a run based team.

Heap-nuff said.

Gebco commercials Ogden.

Down side- team is so anal/conservative on offense FG's are common but that may be discipline- I dunno

I don't like them. The few that are tolerable are the old school Baltimore Colts fans. That's the problem though, they are OLD school. Far and few.

The majority of their fans remind me of UMD or Orioles fans, just obnoxious and annoying. At least UMD and Orioles fans are loyal though. I just think all the fans are young, dumb, full of beer and thinking it's cool to fight anything that goes by, etc....

Man, I sound old.

No...you don't sound old...your spot is spot-on.

After DallasPhillyNY....I hate the Ravens most of all.

I live near Baltimore, (in Glen Burnie), and Ravens fans are bush league punks. I wish them nothing but ill-will and failure.....evermore.....

I went to high school in Baltimore, and it sucked. I got so much **** for reppin the skins it was insane. I hate them, more then the eagles and more then the giants, right after Dallas. mostly because i put up with so much **** from them. needless to say, when the skins were 5 and 6 I made some bets they'd make the playoffs, and i collected very nicely.

What I hate is before the Browns came to town.......years after the Colts left them looking stupid.......they created this stupid EAPoe hype that is a literary legend in a town that claims to be the city that reads but most idiots can't.......they put a Unitas statue out front of the stadium.

Then, after years of no football and all there was the Redskins they yell at me whose family has had season tix for over 30 years and say the Ravens are the real hometeam.....?

When the Ravens moved in The skins didnt utter a word about them stealing proceeds or fan base.....we have the lower East coast for that.....but when the Nationals moved in to replace the Senators the SH**ty Orioles get a portion of their success b/c they only sell 15K tickets a home game.....in their "Top Class" stadium in a town that only cared about Cal Ripken and said screw baseball....all we wanted was a football we didnt have to share with so many people....

Its a BS fan based b/c most jumped ship and everyone knows half the town consists of Eagles fans who wont admit they hopped on the TO hype, and the other half are Steelers fans and they just suck regardless.

Its madness.

I say we are allowed an AFC team to cheer for. Ravens are it.

Besides from having a tool of a Head Coach, pourous OL, and being so passive and cheap with their money in FA ,they have alot going for them.

Special Teams BJ Sams easily is near consistent as DHester is. BJ got hurt last season but returns 1-3 TD's a year (just they get called back)

Best expansion team drafting. Hands down no refuting that.

If you are like myself- defensively minded and pride riden- they do it with such ego/pride that they carry the whole city year round. Their D even showcases McAllister/Rolle who are the only reasons teams score on them.

Their role players step in better than any other team and eventually get promoted within which is admirable in a business world.

Their training camp at Western MD college- is the best fan based experience I have ever seen or heard of. Close interaction with players, wrap around field access to view while they play, pepsi zone for kids, instead of a one side fence- from path to field and 60ft from field like at Redskins camp, the ravens provided multiple VIP tents, bleachers, shaded tree grass areas by field and a gauntlet that players past and sign to locker rooms.

Plus you can get a job for S.A.F.E. Mgt and get paid to do "security" which is like being a paid fan and just enjoy the weather and watch the Ravens play football in August.

Addition of Mcgahee should upgrade a run based team.

Heap-nuff said.

Gebco commercials Ogden.

Down side- team is so anal/conservative on offense FG's are common but that may be discipline- I dunno

You gotta be kidding me. An AFC team? Let me guess, pretty soon youll be saying were allowed an NFC east team, an NFC north team, an NFC south team and an NFC west team.

And no one wants to read your long post about the Ravens. Go post that in one of their message boards. However, be warned that there probably arent any Ravens fans on any Ravens message boards right now because its the off-season.

Are you out of your mind?? Is this you?

tony_funny_face.jpg

It is.... that was a confusing time in my life.....back when it was goofy face wine night at the stadium.....

?

Yeah we are allowed a AFC team fool.

Do you think 17 years of having SH** rubbed in your eyes while watching the SKINS is fun??

F*** that. I like for my friends and neighbors to have a team to cheer for. They obviously arent Skins fans. I will know first hand who jumps on the Skins bandwagon when we win the SB.

Something they have done in the past decade if anyone has been in a coma.

Well living down here I don't see many Ravens fans if any at all. Other than the Skins it seems to be Dallas fans around here. Everytime I see a Dallas sticker on a car I want to run them off the road so we can have one less stupid ignorant Cowgirls fan. But yea I could really care less about the Ravens.

On another note from some of these replies it seems there aren't many Orioles fans. But oh well just something I noticed.

You gotta be kidding me. An AFC team? Let me guess, pretty soon youll be saying were allowed an NFC east team, an NFC north team, an NFC south team and an NFC west team.

And no one wants to read your long post about the Ravens. Go post that in one of their message boards. However, be warned that there probably arent any Ravens fans on any Ravens message boards right now because its the off-season.

Yeah- that would amost make sense if I was illiterate like you. Maybe you are a poser... College Park is close to Balto. Maybe you hail from the city that boast it can read but doesn't and like the Ravens too...ya shmuck.

Attack someone else outside a Ravens thread.

This guy is a tool..............................................

Archived