Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

willmb5

So since this is now kind of the video game nostalgia thread, I just picked up Fallout New Vegas with all the DLC on steam for 20 bucks. I originally had it on the 360 never finished it before trading it in though.

Love love love the fallout games, can't wait for Fallout 4 announcement at E3.

That comes from FROM themselves.  They want every action to have consequences.  It's also why there is no "pausing" the game.

Well I think thats pretty ****ty on their part, but I accept(ed) the challenge.

Punishment in the form of HP/Soul loss, along with overwhelming difficulty pales drastically in comparison to punishment in the form of a completely broken playthrough.

So since this is now kind of the video game nostalgia thread, I just picked up Fallout New Vegas with all the DLC on steam for 20 bucks. I originally had it on the 360 never finished it before trading it in though.

Love love love the fallout games, can't wait for Fallout 4 announcement at E3.

Yes!  Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Fallout is by far the greatest video game series ever.  You can play through the story four or five times and have the game play completely different, as choices you make affect the outcome of the game and what missions are available.  I was playing New Vegas just the other day, having fun C4'ing deathclaws with Boone. 

Totally stoked for Fallout 4, hopefully at E3!  Word has it Bethesda Softworks has rented a big booth for E3, fingers crossed!

I need to replay Fallout 3.

Its looking more and more like I may not get a 4 until the fall. My game crashed during the Battle Of Anchorage DLC and I never completed it. I have unfinished business.

That, and I still have to play Dark Souls, Beyond 2 Souls, FarCry 3, and TLOU.

Is Dark Souls II on PS4? If not, I'll have to add that one as well. Everytime I think I'm getting close to the end, I find a new game to play.

The best games I played on the PS3 were Uncharted 3 and God of War 3. I'll probably pick up a PS4 once they announce a new Uncharted. Otherwise, I still have the same issues that I did with the PS3. The interface is crappy and online support not that great. I like that Microsoft focuses a lot on those very issues. The XB1 interface is great.

Yes!  Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Fallout is by far the greatest video game series ever.  You can play through the story four or five times and have the game play completely different, as choices you make affect the outcome of the game and what missions are available.  I was playing New Vegas just the other day, having fun C4'ing deathclaws with Boone. 

Totally stoked for Fallout 4, hopefully at E3!  Word has it Bethesda Softworks has rented a big booth for E3, fingers crossed!

Yeah the best part is it's been long enough that I don't exactly remember everything so I'm not just going through the motions. I also finally understand the Caravan card game, had no idea wtf I was doing the first time through with that lol. Also doing more exploring this time, heading to new areas.

And if there's isn't an announcement for 4 at E3 I will be massively disappointed.

Damn Sin, still havent played last of us?  that SOB is fun!

Yea the last of us is real tight

When I said I was years behind, I wasn't kidding. I still haven't played New Vegas. I bought it and then gave it to my cousin because it was collecting dust and I didn't have time to play it. I desperately wanted to play MK when it came out in '11, and didn't get around to that until this past January. I remember the teaser from Uncharted 2 an wanted to play that.... Didn't get around to it until last November

From '06 to early '11 I probably played 4 games a year tops (being busy with work/school, it just wasn't going to happen), and sparingly played all of them. Fastforward from 12 to now and I have probably played about 45-50 games. And I'm still behind. The best part about all of it though is that I get to play all these kickass games for pretty much peanuts. I'll be done soon though. Probably another 3-4 months.

I'm currently on a Souls break (I need to recuperate) and dl'ed FarCry 3 earlier. After I'm done with that it'll probably be Dark Souls next

When I said I was years behind, I wasn't kidding. I still haven't played New Vegas

Dude?!  :o

You can probably get the Game of the Year version with all 4 DLCs for like 15-20 at Gamestop

Loved that game. When i first started i felt like i would never be able to finish it b/c there was so much to do...but once you get going i never lost interest and flew through the game.

Yeah exactly the same thing with me. I actually went and 100% that thing pretty easily since it was so much fun even just finding the collectibles and completing all the races and side challenges.

The island was gorgeous and exploring every inch was a treat.

Yeah exactly the same thing with me. I actually went and 100% that thing pretty easily since it was so much fun even just finding the collectibles and completing all the races and side challenges.

The island was gorgeous and exploring every inch was a treat.

Komodo dragons  :(

I was sneaking through the bushes trying to get the drop on some goons, then I heard some hissing. Sounded like it was in front of me, then all of a sudden the camera shifts and the damn thing is behind me, taking chunks out. Lost like $500 in the process.

Komodo dragons :(

I was sneaking through the bushes trying to get the drop on some goons, then I heard some hissing. Sounded like it was in front of me, then all of a sudden the camera shifts and the damn thing is behind me, taking chunks out. Lost like $500 in the process.

Yes! Hunting is awesome. Wait til you get the bow or get it upgraded. That was my main, the red tiger striped bow and it was over for that island

Yes! Hunting is awesome. Wait til you get the bow or get it upgraded. That was my main, the red tiger striped bow and it was over for that island

Been doing mostly hunting and stronghold takeovers. Yeah that bow is vicious, especially once you give it the Rambo/Braveheart upgrades with the special arrows.Though the main protagonist gives off somewhat of an emo vibe, I love the good blend of action, humor, and classic "adventurous island mysticism" that the game brings.

The hunting is awesome, more than any other game I've played. I think the first person view is the reason why. You feel like you're actually hunting, instead of watching everyone else.

And all the side quests/supply runs and races are fun, and not tedious, as some side quests in other games can be. Loving it so far.

Yeah one time I was on the roof of an outpost scouting it out and I had the bow locked in on a guy and right before I shot a tiger jumped out of the woods and ate him then went on to attack the rest of the outpost. It was badass.

There are other similar times where you covertly shoot the lock out on a caged animal kept in the outpost too but that first one was just a random occurrence.

Good times.

Lol, talk about unexpected. After all the boss battles in Demons Souls, I try to get a reprieve, and bam, I'm right in the middle of another monster boss battle (goddamn tiki/ink monster or something), thought his one was easier.

Man this game is weird as hell. That nude scene with the tribe leader, though 3-D, was a nice addition.

Man, you guys are making me want to fire up the 360 and get far cry again. lol

I love it, has somewhat of a Just Cause feel to it, in terms of endless amounts of activities. Those jetski races and supply runs are pretty fun. It is one trippy ass game though. Never played any of the other FarCry's so I was caught off guard by it.

Alright, I think I'm going to save Dark Souls for last. Currently searching for another underrated game. Anybody played Way Of The Saumrai 4 or Armored Core (for the PS3)?

Armored Core is made by the same people that did Demons Souls (FROM Soft). If you haven't played them yet, I would check out Folklore and Valkyria Chronicles. They are both early PS3 titles but well worth a playthrough.

Armored Core is made by the same people that did Demons Souls (FROM Soft). If you haven't played them yet, I would check out Folklore and Valkyria Chronicles. They are both early PS3 titles but well worth a playthrough.

Yeah I knew that. I was acually a pretty big Armored Core fan from PS-PS2. Stopped afterwards though. I'm currently downloading TLOU. I will probably check those out after I'm finished with it.

Archived