Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

willmb5

How far do you sit from the screen?  Console FPS typically have a narrow FOV that can cause motion sickness.  I know the Bioshock series has a very narrow FOV (45?) and sitting further from the screen can help.

I have a projector, so maybe I need to make the screen smaller. Had it since the beginning of football season. I didn't have a problem until Bioshock Infinite and Dishonored. I think I started playing these in January. I will give it a shot after the Last of Us. Thanks for the help!

That's the beauty of the game.....do you try and push forward just a bit further while risking everything or head back to the Nexus and level up.....which resets the level?

As long as I'm stocked up on plenty of goods, I typically will push forward until I hit an area I know I have no chance in unless I level up. The bridges after you enter the Phalanx Archstone  were giving me trouble (kept getting barbecued by that dragon while trying to cross) so I went to work on my guys endurance, and now its all good.

Leveling up was taking forever (since I'm a n00b) but, like I always do (in other games), I found a shortcut/system where I clear the first 2 areas in that place with the possessed skeletons that are loaded with souls. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to get past that gigantic Boss knight after you pass the bridge. Even after I clear the area of archers, the damn thing is just too much. I attack its base where it appears to be vulnerable, but I guess I don't pack enough of a punch yet. So I'm working on weapon upgrades.

It's pretty damn hard, but I have good instincts, and so far they've served me well. Boletaria castle has been especially challenging.... at least that tower with the knight with red eyes and whoever the hell was locked in there behind him. I beat the knight once but I was so careless afterwards that I swung on the the guy before he even got a chance to speak. I doubt he was a friendly anyway but next time I go up there I'm going to be more careful

Really enjoying the free games with gold for this first part of May.

It's a small download (less than 1GB) but a side scrolling hack and slash RPG has been refreshing.

If you haven't played it, Dust : An Elysian Tale is a definite recommend - especially since it's free until May 16th..

Finally defeated the Tower Knight last night. I wasn't going to bed until I did. Couldn't go any further apparenty, because I haven't "Slayed an Archdemon yet."

So I went back to trying to get past Hercules in Boletaria to get to the Old King. Dude is ridiculous. I wish I could just firebomb him from distance, but the guys release is so ****ing slow that after the first hit, the Knight has already rushed me and one/two hit kills me with hat spear.

If I hit and run using guerilla warfare tactics, he just replenishes his health and starts stalking me like Jason. I'll get his ass though. I'm very patient.

Finally defeated the Tower Knight last night. I wasn't going to bed until I did. Couldn't go any further apparenty, because I haven't "Slayed an Archdemon yet."

So I went back to trying to get past Hercules in Boletaria to get to the Old King. Dude is ridiculous. I wish I could just firebomb him from distance, but the guys release is so ****ing slow that after the first hit, the Knight has already rushed me and one/two hit kills me with hat spear.

If I hit and run using guerilla warfare tactics, he just replenishes his health and starts stalking me like Jason. I'll get his ass though. I'm very patient.

Did you start as the Temple Knight? If so, change your weapon to the Winged Spear. You should have already found it along with the Cling Ring.

Edit: You should also start progressing through Stonefang Tunnel. Old King Doran is meant to taken on much later in the game. You should be around SL 25 before taking on the Red Eye Knight guarding the Old King. Make use of turpentine when you take him on.

Did you start as the Temple Knight? If so, change your weapon to the Winged Spear. You should have already found it along with the Cling Ring.

Edit: You should also start progressing through Stonefang Tunnel. Old King Doran is meant to taken on much later in the game. You should be around SL 25 before taking on the Red Eye Knight guarding the Old King. Make use of turpentine when you take him on.

Yeah I took your advice and started as a Temple Knight. Been using the halberd for the whole time, since its worked so well. It does jack **** against the knight though. And good call on the turpentine. I've used it for other enemies, but for awhile I couldn't even lay a hand on the red eye knight. Now i have improved enough to where I can strike him. Guess i'll grab the spear and upgrade and come back. Just did Stonefang (2.1) but i went back to the nexus after i pulled that lever in the large chamber so i could unload some equipment.

The funniest thing happened though, the last time I tried fighting the knight. All of a sudden this other knight enveloped in some kind of red haze shows up and attacks as well. I lowered the other knights xp substantially, but i couldn't beat both of them, and died. Don't know where the red guy came from, but he looked nothing like the Old King when I faced him once.

Edit, damn, nevermind lol. I just got both of them with the halberd

In one night I have taken down Shelob, Flamelurker, Vangaurd,  and the Dragon God. I think I'm getting the hang of this  :)

Only thing thats pissing me off right now is that I mined most of the hardstone chunks from Stonefang Tunnel and used it towards worthless crap when I couldve made a superweapon out of the halberd. I taked with a guy online that I met tonight and he said I should find more chunks in the area beyond where I took down the Tower Knight in Boletaria. Fingers crossed.

Currently on the Tower Of Latria. This is easily the creepiest level so far, with all the screaming and bodies. Wasn't expecting those weird ass Medusa things with the chimes/lantern. Caught me off guard. And just the way they walk when they see you is ****ing weird. Then there are the sneaky pitfall areas and dimly lit halls that are quickly making me hate this level. Should be easier now that I have the Dozer Axe though. I already know the next boss battle is going to be a pain in the ass

I already know the next boss battle is going to be a pain in the ass

Aaaand the next boss battle was a pain in the ass. I kept killing her, but nothing would happen. No archstone, no "The Demon has been defeated" text, no nothing. Then I got pissed and ended up stumbling into a tower that lead to the upper level of the church, where that **** sorcerer guy was hiding.

He was getting ready to say something but i didnt wait, and smashed his ass. I also killed Old King Allant, which now leaves The Tower Of Latria, and the Valley Of Defilement. Almost there....

Beat the game last night. Now I'm on the second playthrough, messing around with different weapons.

I didn't even know I could use magic until I was near the end of the first playthrough (even though that didn't stop me from leveling up there).

These spells are seriously kickass. My main objective this time is to capitalize on World Tendency events (something else I had no concept of until the end of the first playthrough) Already got the Makoto Sword, and hope to get the Dragon bone smashing sword later tonight when I go to Stonefang tunnel.

I like my setup a lot better this time. With the armor from that Knight in the Valley Of Defilement, I am now able to move quicker and roll faster, making boss battles easier. And my main weapon is the Blueblood sword. Now that I don't have to lug around the Dozer Axe and the Mirdan armor, I'm blazing through the levels. Its still a pain in the ass, but I have stockpiled enough items that I can basically outlast each boss and find various safezones within each battle.

Definitely the hardest game I've played since my original PS days, but its been a blast to be faced with, and conquer great challenges. I'll probably be picking up Dark Souls on Friday. So how different is Dark Souls from Demons Souls?

A few people I know outside the forum mentioned how scary they thought Demons Souls was, but honestly, aside from those absurdly powerful freaky things in the Tower Of Latria, I didnt find it all that scary. Creepy? Yeah. I guess the meh comes from playing legit nightlight business decision games like Doom, Fear, Dead Space, Silent Hill, and RE over the years. 

I just started playing Dark Souls.  I just got through the tutorial without dying lol.    I'm digging the atmosphere of the game.  It's real dark and gritty. I first rolled a pyromancer, but then just rolled a knight instead.  I figured the knight would probably be a good noob class to start out with. 

A few people I know outside the forum mentioned how scary they thought Demons Souls was, but honestly, aside from those absurdly powerful freaky things in the Tower Of Latria, I didnt find it all that scary. Creepy? Yeah. I guess the meh comes from playing legit nightlight business decision games like Doom, Fear, Dead Space, Silent Hill, and RE over the years.

People don't know what horror is, anymore. But fortunately it's started to see a resurgence on the PC lately, and Virtual Reality is only going to help bring it back.

People don't know what horror is, anymore. But fortunately it's started to see a resurgence on the PC lately, and Virtual Reality is only going to help bring it back.

Yah its the same thing in films as well (in fact we may have discussed this several times before). Imo, nothing comes close to giving you the feeling of truly being in tune with all 5 senses like legit horror (short of action sports, natural disasters, high end roller coasters, being in a firefight, or having a gun pulled to your head).

Nothing like a good fix without all the collateral damage.

I just started playing Dark Souls.  I just got through the tutorial without dying lol.    I'm digging the atmosphere of the game.  It's real dark and gritty. I first rolled a pyromancer, but then just rolled a knight instead.  I figured the knight would probably be a good noob class to start out with. 

You get good armor, and a decent weapon. Only problem is depending on your armor, you sacrifice a lot of mobility, which makes you a sitting duck in certain circumstances.

If there was one negative I could find in Demons Souls (besides the graphics, which really don't matter when you have such overwhelming substance) it would be the weird ass saving system. It took me a few days to recognize just where/when in the hell it was saving, and I almost turned it off while it was saving.

Once you locate the save indicator (a tiny ass bubble in the top right of the screen) you the recognize how often and how randomly it saves. You really have to pay attention if you are getting ready to turn the game off. I also wouldn't play it during a thunderstorm. I hope they fixed that in Dark Souls.

Would be a damn shame to play such a great game and be screwed with a corrupted save file

Ginger (even ginger candy) helps if you don't want the dramamine experience. Also, it's suggested that you limit your play on those games to less than 2 hours at a time, but play them consistently otherwise your tolerance will be broken.

Just noticed this, thanks for the suggestion.  I will have to try it.  Never heard of ginger candy though.  I will look it up.

Go Deprived or go home!

If there was one negative I could find in Demons Souls (besides the graphics, which really don't matter when you have such overwhelming substance) it would be the weird ass saving system. It took me a few days to recognize just where/when in the hell it was saving, and I almost turned it off while it was saving.

Once you locate the save indicator (a tiny ass bubble in the top right of the screen) you the recognize how often and how randomly it saves. You really have to pay attention if you are getting ready to turn the game off. I also wouldn't play it during a thunderstorm. I hope they fixed that in Dark Souls.

Would be a damn shame to play such a great game and be screwed with a corrupted save file

It's part of the challenge.  There are no mulligans. 

Go Deprived or go home!

It's part of the challenge.  There are no mulligans. 

Haha, I'm new to the game.  I don't think I should go the "Naked and Afraid" route just yet.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to focus on the knight or pyromancer first.  I'm gonna roll a sorcerer too and try him out.  I did find between the knight and the pyromancer, I killed the first boss much easier with the pyromancer.

Archived