Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STARTS NOW: Rules for draft weekend. Posting and you. Important to read.

Art

Could there be a read-only thread that lists all the people suspended/banned/RO'ed? Not as a form of public ridicule (though that will certainly be a fringe benefit), but as a way for those people to see exactly why "the web site's internet is broken".

EDIT - nm, the idea's already in the works!

Not to mention calling out other members is against the rules. Or is it? :laugh:

Not on their board behavior it's not. On personal things it is. The call out thread does not apply to anyone who dredges up something idiotic a person said on the board before and making them face it directly. It keeps people from dragging personal conflict before everyone's eyes. We've had some issues with that in the past.

If you see a post that CLEARLY violates the rules above and just below, do NOT post in it. Say nothing. If you talk in it, bumping it, you will also get placed on read-only. The rules are clear enough. We'll catch the violations. Report the post to us if you want, but do not add to the clutter by bashing someone. We'll do that for you . :)

This is the one that, I believe, will trip posters up the most. :)

lol yeah my first draft day on this board, but this definantly makes sense, to much traffic on here and no one will be able to post on here.

but im with illone i bet $25,000 to that atleast 25 people dont read this or they post uncontrollably, retarded new threads tomorrow.

Here's to Akobi being a Redskin

Why not give everyone except the mods no new threads for the day so only mods can make the threads and keep everything under control.

I was thinking this, too.

I was thinking like a 12-hour moratorium on posting threads for EVERYBODY with the exception of:

mods

administrators

our expert news gatherers (Bubba, HapHazard, etc.)

Starting at 11:59am on draft day going till 11:59pm.

Then doing the same thing Sunday when the draft starts.

It sounds a little draconian, admittedly, but this board now just has too many inconsiderate louts who don't care about the rules, the board, other posters.... just nothing.

Just like in everything in life, you get a warning, So my guess it that Art and the mods will see if everyone follows the rules for the weekend, if it gets out of hand, then the new Sticky should read the NNT for anyone until Sun.

And I like the idea of the folks who wont follow the rules be put on a list for the masses to see (like the public poll views) Hell they wanted to be on display anyway might as well give them what they want.:)

I was thinking this, too.

I was thinking like a 12-hour moratorium on posting threads for EVERYBODY with the exception of:

mods

administrators

our expert news gatherers (Bubba, HapHazard, etc.)

Starting at 11:59am on draft day going till 11:59pm.

Then doing the same thing Sunday when the draft starts.

It sounds a little draconian, admittedly, but this board now just has too many inconsiderate louts who don't care about the rules, the board, other posters.... just nothing.

I second this :point2sky

Ok,

So, tomorrow will be a fun, busy day for us. Conversation will be had by all. In an effort to keep things modestly neat an ordered, here is a request we have of you.

1. Do NOT start a thread. Seriously, someone else will already do this. Whether we move up for Johnson, down for Okoye, trade for Briggs, acquire Quinn, trade Portis, whatever, do nothing. Nothing. Sit. Breathe. Then, find the thread that will exist to offer your point of view. If you are dramatically happy, find a thread. If you're terribly upset, find a thread. Constrain YOURSELVES so we ALL can participate. If the search function is broken and you can't find a thread, wait, do nothing and watch, and the thread you wish will appear. Trust me.

2. Doing No. 1 allows smart, analytical, thoughtful threads to creep up throughout the day. Film clip threads to stand alone. Analysis stuff that someone thinks about and wants to start a discussion on. The emotional outburst thread will be there for you. Please allow it to remain in one place.

3. Yes, one and two are contradictory to a point. The people who know how to do No. 2 won't be dissuaded. The people who can't do No. 1 can't do No. 2 either :). You don't know who you are, and sometimes that can be any of us, myself included.

4. If you see a post that CLEARLY violates the rules above and just below, do NOT post in it. Say nothing. If you talk in it, bumping it, you will also get placed on read-only. The rules are clear enough. We'll catch the violations. Report the post to us if you want, but do not add to the clutter by bashing someone. We'll do that for you :).

Here is your guideline if you post a new thread.

1. It will be TOTALLY NEW news, sourced from an entirely different site, each time. Bubba, Haps, JimmiJo, Inmate and others usually have this. Stay out of their way tomorrow and Sunday or contact them directly to see if they already put that story up. This includes scouting reports and all the rest.

2. If it is an opinion piece, you will have three well written paragraphs for every time you use the word "stupid", "sucks", "idiots", "Gibbs has lost it," "Snyder can't help himself," "OMG, YES," "OMG, NO", "SUPER BOWL BABY," "5-11 again,", etc. That means if you can avoid any of that in a new thread, your MINIMUM post size is at LEAST three paragraphs of multiple word sentences. This is in place ONLY through Monday, but, should slow things down so things remain readable. You can post anything you want, of whatever length in a thread that already exists. IMPORTANTLY, no matter how thoughtful and wise your three paragraph minimum new thread is, it better read substantially different from another on the board already :). Tomorrow most of you should be reading a lot and posting there.

3. Links to clips.

Please remember, no matter how much you hate whatever we do tomorrow, someone else loves it. And, no matter how much you love it, someone else hates it. We're asking that you slow yourselves down tomorrow. Breathe. And whether positive or negative, be thoughtful when you open a new thread so the good stuff can survive.

Here's what happens if you don't follow the rules above.

1. You will be placed on read-only until we can get to taking you off, which, the way things sometimes work here, could take a while as you may have to wait in line. You won't be put on No New Threads. You'll go straight to read-only. We may adjust this to a one week ban, just so we don't have to go through everyone and put you back to normal. This is the warning. There will be no conversation or questions about it. You are free to ask questions here and I will refine this top post as good points come up that I haven't thought of.

If you violate the above rules you won't be able to post until late next week either way when we return you to the board, at which time you will have No New Threads. And that will last forever, or until you apologize enough that I believe you are sorry and didn't read this and were just out of your mind :).

We tend to get pretty hectic and breathless on big news days like we're about to have, but, while that can be fun, it can also detract from really interesting things that get missed. Have fun tomorrow.

Nazi's

Just thought I'd get that out there :D

Archived