Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLDraftCountdown new Mock - 4/12

Phannman66

**Search wasn't working even tho I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet...**

Usually I think Scott Wright is pretty good but this mock is absolutley ridculous to me.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech

Detriot - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

Cleveland - JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU

Tampa Bay - Amobi Okoye, DT Louisville

Arizona - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

Washington - Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska

Minnesota - Adrien Peterson, RB Oklahoma

Atlanta - LaRon Landry, S LSU

Miami - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

Houston - Levi Brown, OT Penn State

San Fransisco - Alan Branch, DT Michigan

Buffalo - Pat Willis, LB Ole Miss

Carolina - Jon Beason, LB Miami (FL)

Pittsburgh - Lawrence Timmons, LB Florida State

Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB Cal

Jacksonville - Reggie Nelson, S Florida

Cincinnati - Leon Hall, CB Michigan

Tennessee - Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee

New York Giants - Joe Staley, OT Central Michigan

Denver - Jamaal Anderson, DE Arkansas

Dallas - Jarvis Moss, DE Florida

Kansas City - Ted Ginn, Jr., WR Ohio State

New England - Paul Pozluszny, LB Penn State

New York Jets - Greg Olsen, TE Miami (FL)

Philadelphia - Brandon Meriweather, S Miami (FL)

New Orleans - Chris Houston, CB Arkansas

New England - Brian Leonard, FB/RB Rutgers

Baltimore - Anthony Spencer, DE Purdue

San Diego - Dwayne Bowe, WR LSU

Chicago - Ben Grubbs, OG Auburn

Indianapolis - Justin Harrell, DT Tennessee

Don't mind me guys just venting ....

ANOTHER FRICKING TWEENER :mad:.

We have D-Ware, Ellis and we drafted Bobby last year. I want a Speed rusher .... BUT IN THE 1ST ... AGAIN! NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

OHH YEAH .... this guy has had us taking Mason Crosby in just about every mock he has done .... Horrible horrible 3rd round pick.

However, Tony Ugoh would be sweet. But Crosby would just make me puke.

]']Thats actualy a large possibility. The Lions really like this kid. I'm sure they'd rather trade down' date=' but they'll take him if they have to.[/quote']

Entirely possible. That's not a pick I would rag on this mock for. They are not projecting trades anyway, and Detroit seems to really want Adams.

Don't mind me guys just venting ....

ANOTHER FRICKING TWEENER :mad:.

We have D-Ware, Ellis and we drafted Bobby last year. I want a Speed rusher .... BUT IN THE 1ST ... AGAIN! NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

OHH YEAH .... this guy has had us taking Mason Crosby in just about every mock he has done .... Horrible horrible 3rd round pick.

However, Tony Ugoh would be sweet. But Crosby would just make me puke.

Yeah, that is one of about 10 picks in the first round that don't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me.

Yeah, that is one of about 10 picks in the first round that don't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me.

With Ginn still on the board ..... :doh:

I seriously think I would break something. If it pans out like it does in this mock and Ginn is gone I wouldn't mind Moss.

But I would love having double TG. Terry Glenn and Ted Ginn.

What do you think about Crosby in the 3rd? Haha, I bet the entire NFC East will have a field day with that pick.

::Gets out notepad::

Repeats to self, "Must defend Mason"

With Ginn still on the board ..... :doh:

I seriously think I would break something. If it pans out like it does in this mock and Ginn is gone I wouldn't mind Moss.

But I would love having double TG. Terry Glenn and Ted Ginn.

What do you think about Crosby in the 3rd? Haha, I bet the entire NFC East will have a field day with that pick.

::Gets out notepad::

Repeats to self, "Must defend Mason"

Crosby in the late 3rd would be a very good pick, imo.

Crosby in the late 3rd would be a very good pick, imo.

It's not that he is not a good pick. I just don't like the thought of carrying two kickers on the active roster like we did last year. Then him having to wait two-three years to play. I would much rather draft a guy like Justin Medlock in the 6th or 7th if we carry another Kicker.

**Search wasn't working even tho I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet...**

Usually I think Scott Wright is pretty good but this mock is absolutley ridculous to me.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech

Detriot - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

Cleveland - JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU

Tampa Bay - Amobi Okoye, DT Louisville

Arizona - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

Washington - Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska

Minnesota - Adrien Peterson, RB Oklahoma

Atlanta - LaRon Landry, S LSU

Miami - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

Houston - Levi Brown, OT Penn State

San Fransisco - Alan Branch, DT Michigan

Buffalo - Pat Willis, LB Ole Miss

Carolina - Jon Beason, LB Miami (FL)

Pittsburgh - Lawrence Timmons, LB Florida State

Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB Cal

Jacksonville - Reggie Nelson, S Florida

Cincinnati - Leon Hall, CB Michigan

Tennessee - Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee

New York Giants - Joe Staley, OT Central Michigan

Denver - Jamaal Anderson, DE Arkansas

Dallas - Jarvis Moss, DE Florida

Kansas City - Ted Ginn, Jr., WR Ohio State

New England - Paul Pozluszny, LB Penn State

New York Jets - Greg Olsen, TE Miami (FL)

Philadelphia - Brandon Meriweather, S Miami (FL)

New Orleans - Chris Houston, CB Arkansas

New England - Brian Leonard, FB/RB Rutgers

Baltimore - Anthony Spencer, DE Purdue

San Diego - Dwayne Bowe, WR LSU

Chicago - Ben Grubbs, OG Auburn

Indianapolis - Justin Harrell, DT Tennessee

While I don't necessarily agree with it, this mock reflects some Contrarian views about how top-5 teams will draft. People say Davis is in love with CJ, and that he is the best overall talent in the draft. If you could roll the dice on 2 QBs with question marks, or take a more "sure thing" reciever, what do you do? Everyone says you have to draft QB high in 1st round if you don't have one, but who knows? We haven't seen these guys work out, etc., and maybe the enigmatic Davis will. . .well, that's why he's enigmatic.

Detroit is run by Millen, so who knows? The QB seems the smart play, but they have servicable though not franchise options, and a coach who emphasizes D and really believes you need a pass rushing DE. . .taking a long view, are these QBs going to be the cream of the crop when compared against other draft classes? Do you really take a QB here if you don't believe he's truly franchise?

Russell for Cleveland not sure, but I think they take one of the 2.

Tampa doesn't need a QB, would love CJ, Okoye is 19, all the things mentioned elsewhere on this board, maybe Thomas here?, if not, Okoye is hardly absurd. Think of the players that are 22-24 out of college, you're willing to pay the guy and keep him with you long term, that age might tip the scales, you can coach him and train him to be the player you want, he'll have several years pro experience and still be younger than most rookies. . .

Joe Thomas in AZ. Keep your QB alive, something the Texans never learned, but AZ would empasize seeing the promise Leinart showed.

When I read Carriker's profile, I couldn't help thinking that he would be ideal if we could trade down to the 10-20 range and nab him, or wherever he's projected elsewhere. He has versatility, seeming to fit as a DT or runnish DE, both traits Williams demands. So you play him as a runnish DE, and if Griffin goes down, move him inside, and let our 30-something DEs rotate in there. I just cringe about all the draft picks we gave away, cause we really need another DT and a DE, and it would have been awesome to draft high in the 2nd round getting a 1st round talent that slipped at one of the positions in a draft deep with both.

Not that I believe the Mock, but it is far from absurd.

I think he's putting Carikker in our slot because he pictures us trading down if Quinn and Peterson are on the board when it's time for us to pick.

I mean, if both of them are on the board... Green Bay will want to trade up to us to get Peterson. If they do that, then Miami will have to deal because they will want Quinn and Minnesota will take Quinn. His picks only make sense if Green Bay likes Lynch over Peterson and see no benefit to trading up.

I think it's important to read what Wright has written under his selection:

When all is said and done I really see this pick going to Chicago for Lance Briggs if the Redskins still want to do the deal. Granted the Bears declined the initial offer but they're probably just trying to maximize the value they get back and the Skins may even be willing to sweeten the deal a little bit. If they do stay here they want to get a top defensive lineman and while Gaines Adams would be the preference he might very well be gone which means they'd have to look in another direction. A massive lineman at almost 6-6 and nearly 300 lbs., Carriker is versatile enough to fit in at either end or tackle in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4 scheme and after the performances he has put on at the Senior Bowl and in workouts he could potentially come off the board in the top ten overall. In fact, the Redskins have already shown a lot of interest in him and if they don't take him Miami may a few picks later. Amobi Okoye, Jamaal Anderson and LaRon Landry will draw consideration here but this pick is burning a hole in Dan Snyder's pocket and he wants to deal.

Here's his scouting report:

Adam Carriker Height: 6-6 | Weight: 296 | 40-Time: 4.90 adamcarriker.jpg

Official Bio

three.gif Strengths:

Has outstanding size and a big frame...Has tremendous strength and is extremely powerful...Holds his ground and is exceptional against the run...Has a motor that never stops...Solid tackler...Instinctive and pursues well...Is technically sound and uses his hands well...Is versatile and could play a number of different roles and positions...Very productive...Tough guy and a hard worker with great intangibles.

Weaknesses:

Is not overly athletic and lacks great timed speed...A DE / DT 'tweener...He might be too tall and has trouble protecting his lower body...Is not a great natural pass rusher...Is not explosive and doesn't have a burst to close...Has battled through a series of minor injuries during his career...May not be a good fit for every team.

Notes:

Might be able to move inside to tackle but his best fit at the pro level will probably come as a defensive end in a 3-4 scheme...He isn't the type of flashy pass rusher we are accustomed to seeing from the position but that isn't everything...With so many teams now moving to the 34 defense there will probably be a high demand for this guy so don't be surprised if the "Blackshirt" goes higher than most expect.

I would love to see us get Carriker, but he seems like a strech at 6, hopefully we can find a trade down partner.
If Peterson and/or Quinn are still there, you can almost guarantee it. It's a lot different than last time, but there are a lot of times when he says trades should or can happen.

Archived