Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLDraftCountdown new Mock - 4/12

Phannman66

It's not that he is not a good pick. I just don't like the thought of carrying two kickers on the active roster like we did last year. Then him having to wait two-three years to play. I would much rather draft a guy like Justin Medlock in the 6th or 7th if we carry another Kicker.

if Justin Medlock falls to the 6th round, that's 3 rounds too late...Most scouts are projecting Mason Crosby as a 2nd or early 3rd rounder and Medlock is right on his tail. Justin Medlock is going to be a big time kicker and he'll probably wind up late 3rd or early 4th...

you know I was thinking.... detroit could in theory trade kitna and mckown to the raiders to move up and take russel or quinn. If they really wanted too, but I don't know if russel would work in martz's offense. Raiders could then take CJ and screw over Tampa who would probably take adams or anderson or branch

you know I had a thought, Tampa might have more ammo then I give them credit what if they decided to talk plummer out of retirment to trade him to oakland. Would he go? They could trade him and move up to take CJ

man there are too many variables in this thing :(

you know I had a thought, Tampa might have more ammo then I give them credit what if they decided to talk plummer out of retirment to trade him to oakland. Would he go? They could trade him and move up to take CJ

man there are too many variables in this thing :(

I'm right there with you. They stockpiled QB's for a reason and trading up seems to be the most likely one.

If I was Oakland.. I would want Plummer.

Granted he is older than Simms and Garcia, but if they draft Trent Edwards (QB, Stanford) with the first pick in Round 2, then he can study under Plummer for half a season or even a whole season then I don't see a problem with trading down to 4.

Plummer, 2007 3rd, 2008 2nd, and the 4th pick for the 1st overall would sound good if I was an Oakland fan.

If we do not end up with CJ I hope and pray that Oakland is the team that ends up picking him. Think about it. Oakland is horible and will be horrible for the foreseeable future. We can wait 4 years and sign CJ to a nice contract and BAM we have a big time #1 receiver.

Don't mind me guys just venting ....

ANOTHER FRICKING TWEENER :mad:.

We have D-Ware, Ellis and we drafted Bobby last year. I want a Speed rusher .... BUT IN THE 1ST ... AGAIN! NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

OHH YEAH .... this guy has had us taking Mason Crosby in just about every mock he has done .... Horrible horrible 3rd round pick.

However, Tony Ugoh would be sweet. But Crosby would just make me puke.

While I hat your team with a vehement passion, Moss could be a very solid pick for yall. He reminds me alot of a former Terp by the name of Merriman (though Merriman was 265 I believe). Jarvis Moss has good speed and solid instincts. Oh yeah and Wade Phillips was the DC that got the tweener Merriman up to snuff.

I don't think many of you understand what he is doing. I've followed him for the past few years and hes always done it. He does not predict trades but he will put the team with the player he thinks they will go after with or without a trade. He'll have many updates as well in the next 2 weeks and you'll see his mocks become very realistic.

thats crazy jamarcus russell to cleveland :laugh: j/k

**Search wasn't working even tho I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet...**

Usually I think Scott Wright is pretty good but this mock is absolutley ridculous to me.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech

Detriot - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

Cleveland - JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU

Tampa Bay - Amobi Okoye, DT Louisville

Arizona - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

Washington - Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska

Minnesota - Adrien Peterson, RB Oklahoma

Atlanta - LaRon Landry, S LSU

Miami - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

Houston - Levi Brown, OT Penn State

San Fransisco - Alan Branch, DT Michigan

Buffalo - Pat Willis, LB Ole Miss

Carolina - Jon Beason, LB Miami (FL)

Pittsburgh - Lawrence Timmons, LB Florida State

Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB Cal

Jacksonville - Reggie Nelson, S Florida

Cincinnati - Leon Hall, CB Michigan

Tennessee - Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee

New York Giants - Joe Staley, OT Central Michigan

Denver - Jamaal Anderson, DE Arkansas

Dallas - Jarvis Moss, DE Florida

Kansas City - Ted Ginn, Jr., WR Ohio State

New England - Paul Pozluszny, LB Penn State

New York Jets - Greg Olsen, TE Miami (FL)

Philadelphia - Brandon Meriweather, S Miami (FL)

New Orleans - Chris Houston, CB Arkansas

New England - Brian Leonard, FB/RB Rutgers

Baltimore - Anthony Spencer, DE Purdue

San Diego - Dwayne Bowe, WR LSU

Chicago - Ben Grubbs, OG Auburn

Indianapolis - Justin Harrell, DT Tennessee

Okay, if this is a "where the players wind up" draft -- and not necessarily the order in which they are picked -- I'll reserve judgement.

All I can say, is that Washington had better have picked up something else for it #6 pick, besides simply Carriker. I suppose we either traded our #6 for Briggs or Samuels and a low rounder?

Even with that low of a pick I'd really question why we'd use it on Carriker. Sorry Carriker fans -- this guy's not fast enough for to be decent pass-rusher, and doesn't he play left DE?

My 100th Post :wavetowel ...No longer a Waterboy!!

One thing I just noticed about this mock:

They're saying that when the Skins pick comes around at #6, Quinn and Peterson are both still on the table.

Just wondering what the odds are, if that happens, that we don't trade down with somebody.

Archived