Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should be Gibbs last year

tonyriggins

If we make the playoffs, this is Gibbs last year. The original plan of handing the duties to Saunders and Williams didn't work. Gibbs has had to spend extra time trying to right the ship. He isn't getting any younger. Look for Snyder to make a play for Cowher. We are the greatest fans in th NFL.

I'll tell you what, Joe Gibb's isn't doing the short term fix.... Look at the two coordinators he brought in, last year Gibbs didn't do any play calling, nothin really but just be there. He does more in free agency then he does during the games, so if he does leave we'll be ok. With Gregg Williams, and Al Saunder's our team's set, now the main thing we need to do when it comes o the head coaching gig is promote someone within, I say whichever does better this year the offence or the defence....and let em now that before the season begins heh heh

if snyder fired gibbs, I'd burn down fedex field. this should be SNYDERS last year.

Snyder would never fire Gibbs. Ever. But if we dont reach the playoffs this time I'm very sure Gibbs will step down. Especially if we have a godawful season similar to the last one.

Just bc Marshall Faulk was a good player doesn't mean he is gunna be a good gm, :2cents: .

Well with the Skins bieng in a situation of nowhere to go but up in regards to the FO, it would hurt to hire him (or anyone else for that matter).

I agree

Screw him, lets get whoever the GM is for the Patriots. Let Snyder throw some bread at him. That would be a great investment. I know it would never happen, but he is the best GM in the league. If not, he's in the top 2-3.

Uh, say there podnah --

I'm not sure how long you've been a fan and all, but uh, Joe Gibbs is pretty much the ONLY reason the 'Skins have 3 Super Bowl vics. Still (and always will be) the only coach to win 3 w/3 different dudes behind center. Awesome!

Just, you know, thought you might want to consider that before you go around flinging epithets. That's all.

HTTR

Fellas, if I had my druthers, not only would JG finish out his five, we'd resign him to another 5 as fast as the ink on the contract could dry. Never forget that no matter what era, no matter what personnel he's blessed (or cursed) with, the man can flat out COACH. Always could, always will.

Fellas, if I had my druthers, not only would JG finish out his five, we'd resign him to another 5 as fast as the ink on the contract could dry. Never forget that no matter what era, no matter what personnel he's blessed (or cursed) with, the man can flat out COACH. Always could, always will.

as much as I agree with you, one thing has changed... Not so much as the game as its more of the mentality of the players as well as money IMO. Players are not as likely to go to a team and stay with them.

So the absolute LAST thing we need is for Gibbs to leave. I'd rather have another year of Brunell than Gibbs to leave - and thats a LOT for me to say, just look at my signature!

I couldn't agree more with the quote I attached from ceviker, Gibbs HAS to stay! I have been critical of the FO moves and Gibbs part in it. BUT, Gibbs is a great coach, brings stability, is our biggest tie to the glory years and one thing is guaranteed about him he really wants it bad and hurts as much as us probably much more so when the Skins struggle.

I have faith in him as a coach. As to the FO dealings -- they IMO need to get their act together, they have made some good moves but some terrible ones, too and I'd love to see them stop trading draft picks. But I'd be upset if Gibbs leaves.

To me, the whole "stability" argument only holds water if you think that Gibbs is going to stay beyond his five-year deal. If you don't think he will stay, and we have a season in '07 like last year's, what difference does it make if we were to change before '08 versus '09?

I've said it before and I'll say it again........bringing back Gibbs was a nice story, but at soime point this franchise has to look towards its future rather than at its past.

I havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for Joe to go. He should have left after last season but its too late now. I am thinking this will be his last year, but I dont know if Gibbs will retire next year, he might not know that the team needs to move in a different direction. So would we be forced to wait another year or would Snyder be forced to do the dirty deed?

I couldn't disagree with you more. Gibbs needs to stay the next two years and finish out his 5 year contract.

To me, the whole "stability" argument only holds water if you think that Gibbs is going to stay beyond his five-year deal. If you don't think he will stay, and we have a season in '07 like last year's, what difference does it make if we were to change before '08 versus '09?

I've said it before and I'll say it again........bringing back Gibbs was a nice story, but at soime point this franchise has to look towards its future rather than at its past.

After Gibbs left the first time we had one playoff victory in like 10 years. Since he's returned we've had a playoff victory in three years. He's gotten it done presently for us better than anyone in the past.

I think some of us are missing the point. It has nothing to do with football. Do you remember that one of the reasons Joe came back was to get his son Coy into coaching. Well, Coy has left. There are also health issues. Losing has put a lot of stress on Joe. His grand child's illness has added even more. Joe is a family man, first and foremost family comes first. Football is his second love. IMO the only reason he is sticking around is because he is a man of his word. He will not leave until he feels he has put us in a postion to win now and keep winning in the future.

WHY on earth would Gibbs have retired last year at this time? The team was coming off an amazing run that was cut short simply beacuse we had no DT, DE, pass rush, giving up over 2000 yards rushing, setting a NFL record for futility in sacks, least amount of turnovers in the NFL.

Yeah, the team had a down year but Gibbs is the foundation of this franchise...forever!

Fixed that for ya.:D

Skins will be dramatically better this year and probably make the playoffs ... Gibbs will retire at the end of the season for health reasons and Bill Cowher will take over. There will be a hugh FO shuffle along with the move. I guarantee it!

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen...especially the FO shake-up. I just hope if Cowher does show up here Snyder is mart enough to just stay out of his way.

I havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for Joe to go. He should have left after last season but its too late now. I am thinking this will be his last year, but I dont know if Gibbs will retire next year, he might not know that the team needs to move in a different direction. So would we be forced to wait another year or would Snyder be forced to do the dirty deed?

Should be your last post. :doh:

:doh: You guys are unbelievable!!!My prediction is that we go 10-6 this year and have the edge in the conference wins and make the playoffs. Next year will be even better and Gibbs decides to sign a extended 2 year contract.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

:applause: :cheers: :dallasuck

WHY on earth would Gibbs have retired last year at this time? The team was coming off an amazing run that was cut short simply beacuse we had no #2 WR.

Yeah, the team had a down year but Gibbs is the foundation of this franchise...forever!

In three seasons the Skins have gone on one hot streak. THREE SEASONS!!! The guy clearly isn't what he used to be. This franchise is a laughing stock.

if snyder fired gibbs, I'd burn down fedex field. this should be SNYDERS last year.

Personally, I would like both of them to go!

Gibbs WAS a great coach. Not any more ... In his 3 years he has done little to justify being renewed as a headcoach. The offense stinks - and, that was supposed to be his sweet spot.

He gave absurd deals to has been players! Traded away our draft picks, and rather than having a quick, fast, young, and hungry team ... we have a ton of old farts, who are slow and over the hill! Nothing to build a dynasty on!

Dan loves the game - but, he has been an idiot as owner. Overpaying useless players, the coaches carosuel (sp?) etc.

Please bring back the original owners, and a young gifted coach! :cheers:

Personally, I would like both of them to go!

Gibbs WAS a great coach. Not any more ... In his 3 years he has done little to justify being renewed as a headcoach. The offense stinks - and, that was supposed to be his sweet spot.

He gave absurd deals to has been players! Traded away our draft picks, and rather than having a quick, fast, young, and hungry team ... we have a ton of old farts, who are slow and over the hill! Nothing to build a dynasty on!

Dan loves the game - but, he has been an idiot as owner. Overpaying useless players, the coaches carosuel (sp?) etc.

Please bring back the original owners, and a young gifted coach! :cheers:

unless you have found a way to reanimate JKC you are living a pipe dream. Gibbs is fine and has done okay with what he had to work with. last season was a culmination of injuries and trying to accomplish too much change on offense with new playmakers. the year before we were.....uh....in the playoffs. the year before that was Gibbs first and not really his team. Next year is the yard mark for Gibbs second tenure success or failure.

Archived