Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should be Gibbs last year

tonyriggins

Obviously he is getting ready to retire. He already doesn't want to coach anymore....hence, he went out and tried to get what he believed to be the two best coaches to lead the Skins in the future--Al Saunders and G Williams.

I love Joe Gibbs.....he is the best coach in history imho. But I am worried that early alzheimers might be setting in. I pray it isn't, but I think anyone that has had any experience with a family member and the disease can recognize the same blank stare beginning to form on his face during press conferences. Pitiful clock management, and some of the decisions he has made also cause concern. Fortunately, as he should, he has given the car keys to someone else.

WEIRD

The problem with this organization for the past 15 years is lack of stability. We've had numerous head coaches, quaterbacks, offensive and defensive schemes, etc. The one thing we have going this year is that we have the same schemes (O & D), the same coaches, and the same quaterback.

Everyone, including Todd Collins, said that it takes a full year to understand Al's system. By the end of last year, our O started looking very promosing. Some of that was due to Campbell; most of it was due to the better understanding and execution of Al's playbook.

So the absolute LAST thing we need is for Gibbs to leave. I'd rather have another year of Brunell than Gibbs to leave - and thats a LOT for me to say, just look at my signature!

Kid you make alot of sense. Except for that last sentence was scarey! But overall a very good post:) But as long as I have seen this team down and out now, its hard not to look at this organization without a negative view. Its the same ole crap every year. For example; every year we go into the season saying we got the one of the best recieving cores in the NFL and every off season it is we need an WR. Well last year we doubled up and got two wrs! This year they decided they need a LB, but why not get one when you can go big and get TWO of them! lol And quess what we still might get another wide reciever this year!

i respect your right to an opinion but yours still sucks. Gibbs was gone for years, had to come back to a team that was built by others, deal with an owner that was playing with the team like army men etc....Joe Gibbs has earned at LEAST the rest of his contract.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Amazing!

I think it's time people calmed and stopped throwing the team under the bus before we've even made a move. Lots of other team are talking about the same deals we are, but because it's Dan Snyder the media blows up every little rumor. For crying out loud, we haven't even started mini-camp and people wanna get rid of Joe. At least wait till the team actually does something before we start all this criticism.

i havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for you to go. you should have left after your last post but its too late now. I am thinking this will be your last post, but I dont know if you will retire next year, you might not know that the board needs to move in a different direction. So would we be forced to wait another post or would the mods be forced to do the dirty deed?

:laugh: :laugh:

Obviously he is getting ready to retire. He already doesn't want to coach anymore....hence, he went out and tried to get what he believed to be the two best coaches to lead the Skins in the future--Al Saunders and G Williams.

I love Joe Gibbs.....he is the best coach in history imho. But I am worried that early alzheimers might be setting in. I pray it isn't, but I think anyone that has had any experience with a family member and the disease can recognize the same blank stare beginning to form on his face during press conferences. Pitiful clock management, and some of the decisions he has made also cause concern. Fortunately, as he should, he has given the car keys to someone else.

The seven warning signs of Alzheimer's disease are:

1. Asking the same question over and over again.

2. Repeating the same story, word for word, again and again.

3. Forgetting how to cook, or how to make repairs, or how to play cards — activities that were previously done with ease and regularity.

4. Losing one's ability to pay bills or balance one's checkbook.

5. Getting lost in familiar surroundings, or misplacing household objects.

6. Neglecting to bathe, or wearing the same clothes over and over again, while insisting that they have taken a bath or that their clothes are still clean.

7. Relying on someone else, such as a spouse, to make decisions or answer questions they previously would have handled themselves.

i dont see anything on here about making a bad challenge while attempting to assemble a 53 man roster and balancing a billion dollar sports team all the while trying to stay under a perplexingly confusing salary cap and trying to defeat 31 other teams that are vigourously round the clock trying to do the same thing to you. but hey maybe thats number 8.

please tell me that was a joke.

i havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for you to go. you should have left after your last post but its too late now. I am thinking this will be your last post, but I dont know if you will retire next year, you might not know that the board needs to move in a different direction. So would we be forced to wait another post or would the mods be forced to do the dirty deed?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I wondered why I don't check the Stadium often these days. Now I know why, threads started like these.

I dont think so. He cant manage the most important position on the field. From day one its been one blunder after another at the QB spot. Alot of you have made reference to Snyder and yes I agree with ya! The best thing that could happen to this team is for Snyder to be gone! But it doesn't look like that is going to happen. The next best thing would be and really the only shot he has left at least that he hasnt tried, is to hire a real GM and let him run the team. But that isnt going to happen with Joe Gibbs here,

one blunder after another, except for the 6 in a row playoff year right? Joe Gibbs is the ONLY coach, ONLY that means EVER in all of recorded history, to win 3 SB's with 3 different QB's and RB's. he has earned the right to finish his contract. no matter what the current state of affairs. and mark my words, save this post, write it down i dont give a damn. the Washington Redskins are going to absolutely destroy fools next year.

The seven warning signs of Alzheimer's disease are:

1. Asking the same question over and over again.

2. Repeating the same story, word for word, again and again.

3. Forgetting how to cook, or how to make repairs, or how to play cards — activities that were previously done with ease and regularity.

4. Losing one's ability to pay bills or balance one's checkbook.

5. Getting lost in familiar surroundings, or misplacing household objects.

6. Neglecting to bathe, or wearing the same clothes over and over again, while insisting that they have taken a bath or that their clothes are still clean.

7. Relying on someone else, such as a spouse, to make decisions or answer questions they previously would have handled themselves.

No, it really wasn't. Take a look at your signs....#2: "Arch is an important part of our team" "Arch is huge for us on teams"

#3: Forgetting that football is played on a clock. Forgetting to call timeouts. Letting the clock run out at halftime. Not getting in a hurry up offense. High school coaches do a better job of this than we do.

#4: Losing ability to do what was second nature to him: coach football.

#7: Hiring Al Saunders and G Williams to do everything for him. Why turn the offense over to Al Saunders? Joe used to work 60-70 hour weeks in his day. Now he doesn't even want to run the offense or the defense.

It sucks....but the signs are there.

:logo:

#5:

i dont see anything on here about making a bad challenge while attempting to assemble a 53 man roster and balancing a billion dollar sports team all the while trying to stay under a perplexingly confusing salary cap and trying to defeat 32 other teams that are vigourously round the clock trying to do the same thing to you. but hey maybe thats number 8.

please tell me that was a joke.

ok ill say that joe is human and certainly not imune to the possibility of getting alzheimers disease but to make the comparison in my opinion is ridiculous.

turning the offense over to saunders was joe admitting that he has lost touch with the modern nfl not his mind.

do you honestly think that if joe was showing real signs of alzheimers disease he would still be running this team.

ok ill say that joe is human and certainly not imune to the possibility of getting alzheimers disease but to make the comparison in my opinion is ridiculous.

turning the offense over to saunders was joe admitting that he has lost touch with the modern nfl not his mind.

do you honestly think that if joe was showing real signs of alzheimers disease he would still be running this team.

Why are you having an arugment with this guy?

Hey, I love the guy. Please don't take it as a bash by any means. But what exactly is he running again?

No, it really wasn't. Take a look at your signs....#2: "Arch is an important part of our team" "Arch is huge for us on teams"

#3: Forgetting that football is played on a clock. Forgetting to call timeouts. Letting the clock run out at halftime. Not getting in a hurry up offense. High school coaches do a better job of this than we do.

#4: Losing ability to do what was second nature to him: coach football.

#7: Hiring Al Saunders and G Williams to do everything for him. Why turn the offense over to Al Saunders? Joe used to work 60-70 hour weeks in his day. Now he doesn't even want to run the offense or the defense.

It sucks....but the signs are there.

do you have any idea how many examples of poor clock management or coaches hiring the best offensive and defensive coaches they can find to help them out. or anything else you have mentioned elsewhere in the nfl. is alzheimers rampant in the nfl?

sure its possible but what a stretch.

Hey, I love the guy. Please don't take it as a bash by any means. But what exactly is he running again?

and you are arrogant enough to presume you do.

im willing to admit i have no idea what joe gibbs specific duties for the team are

Are you.

Not arguing by any means. Just as confused as everyone esle is. Look at what he coaches now:

Offensive Line: No

Wide Receivers: No

Running Backs: No

Quarterbacks: No

Defensive Line: No

Safeties: No

Cornerbacks: No

Special Teams: No

Player Decisions or Personnel: Questionable, Vinny seems to be doing that. And flamboyant Snyder seems to be leading the trade rumors.

Coaching the offense: No

Coaching the defense: No

His Monday afternoon Press Briefings are sadly beginning to sound like Bobby Bowden's meetings with the media.

At least he was coaching the offense....but for some reason, decided even that was too much for him. Another concerning thing was after the Washington Post, "snitch" article last season, they said that Joe made his first appearance in a defensive meeting all season, to try to fire the team up the next week. First appearance in a defensive meeting 3/4 of the way through the year??? Does that sound like Joe Gibbs?

I think he is ok with just being a figure head right now.

Archived