Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should be Gibbs last year

tonyriggins

I havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for Joe to go. He should have left after last season but its too late now. I am thinking this will be his last year, but I dont know if Gibbs will retire next year, he might not know that the team needs to move in a different direction. So would we be forced to wait another year or would Snyder be forced to do the dirty deed?

I havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up.

Way to be bold! :laugh:

...Try reading 3 threads down and you'll see one talking about Gibbs gone after 07. Try a million other threads that say Gibbs should be gone

Gibbs is reaching the end of the line at 66. The potential trade out of the #6 spot for Briggs is an example of how immediate this front office sees its own shelf-life. They aren't going to wait on any younger players to develop. This is all about saving face and rebounding in 2007, to hell with what happens in 2008 or 2009.

I find it hard to believe that Bill Polian or Scott Pioli would trade out of the #6 spot in order to acquire a veteran player on a team that does not otherwise look to be a top contender.

Just bc Marshall Faulk was a good player doesn't mean he is gunna be a good gm, :2cents: .

I agree

Screw him, lets get whoever the GM is for the Patriots. Let Snyder throw some bread at him. That would be a great investment. I know it would never happen, but he is the best GM in the league. If not, he's in the top 2-3.

i havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for you to go. you should have left after your last post but its too late now. I am thinking this will be your last post, but I dont know if you will retire next year, you might not know that the board needs to move in a different direction. So would we be forced to wait another post or would the mods be forced to do the dirty deed?

If Gibbs does go, do we make Williams the new HC? Or do you guys see us going the youth route like a lot of other teams seem to be doing? (Granted Williams isn't all that old yet)

I'm torn. I wouldn't mind seeing some fresh, young blood. On the other hand, I like loyalty and continuity - two things this team has lacked over the past several years IMO.

I havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for Joe to go.

If we penalized people simply for making absolutely out-of-touch-stupid posts seemingly blind to what's going on in the fourm right in front of them every day...well goodness! It'd be just awful. :silly:

I havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for Joe to go. He should have left after last season but its too late now. I am thinking this will be his last year, but I dont know if Gibbs will retire next year, he might not know that the team needs to move in a different direction. So would we be forced to wait another year or would Snyder be forced to do the dirty deed?

i respect your right to an opinion but yours still sucks. Gibbs was gone for years, had to come back to a team that was built by others, deal with an owner that was playing with the team like army men etc....Joe Gibbs has earned at LEAST the rest of his contract.

Honestly Gibbs is doing better at coaching than you are at posting. So should this be your last post?

Seriously I think he’s doing a pretty great job.

I don’t think age is a major factor at 66. There are many successfully pilots, lawyers and CEO’s who are older than that. Two cases and points: One of my grandfather's had a very successful medical practice into his 80s and my other grandfather was still America's top IP litigation lawyer in his 80s. So no I do not think 66 is too old to coach.

Will you still be saying the same thing if we have a 2005-like or better season this year?

Joe Gibbs has earned at LEAST the rest of his contract.

I dont think so. He cant manage the most important position on the field. From day one its been one blunder after another at the QB spot. Alot of you have made reference to Snyder and yes I agree with ya! The best thing that could happen to this team is for Snyder to be gone! But it doesn't look like that is going to happen. The next best thing would be and really the only shot he has left at least that he hasnt tried, is to hire a real GM and let him run the team. But that isnt going to happen with Joe Gibbs here,

i havent seen anything posted, I quess everybody is scared to bring it up. But it is time for you to go. you should have left after your last post but its too late now. I am thinking this will be your last post, but I dont know if you will retire next year, you might not know that the board needs to move in a different direction. So would we be forced to wait another post or would the mods be forced to do the dirty deed?
:applause: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

pretty much if gibbs cant handle in game management of basic issues such as the clock, when to go for it and other decisions made during the game, then he should be gone

i agree but i think this team has gotten progressively much better at these things over the last three years. it takes some time to shake off twelve years of rust especially in such a highly competitive leauge like the nfl.

The problem with this organization for the past 15 years is lack of stability. We've had numerous head coaches, quaterbacks, offensive and defensive schemes, etc. The one thing we have going this year is that we have the same schemes (O & D), the same coaches, and the same quaterback.

Everyone, including Todd Collins, said that it takes a full year to understand Al's system. By the end of last year, our O started looking very promosing. Some of that was due to Campbell; most of it was due to the better understanding and execution of Al's playbook.

So the absolute LAST thing we need is for Gibbs to leave. I'd rather have another year of Brunell than Gibbs to leave - and thats a LOT for me to say, just look at my signature!

Obviously he is getting ready to retire. He already doesn't want to coach anymore....hence, he went out and tried to get what he believed to be the two best coaches to lead the Skins in the future--Al Saunders and G Williams.

I love Joe Gibbs.....he is the best coach in history imho. But I am worried that early alzheimers might be setting in. I pray it isn't, but I think anyone that has had any experience with a family member and the disease can recognize the same blank stare beginning to form on his face during press conferences. Pitiful clock management, and some of the decisions he has made also cause concern. Fortunately, as he should, he has given the car keys to someone else.

sorry, but Gibbs will resign, but a new coach, which equals new staff, would only set us back 3 to 4 more years. I still have hope that we can turn this thing around this year.

I bet Gibbs will have alot to do w/ the next HC for us. He has Saunders and GW waiting to take over

Archived