Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Closest Wide Receiver That Plays Now, That Reminds You of Art Monk

Commander Adama

I was just thinking about, what player today reminds me the most of Art Monk. I thought maybe Marvin Harrison, but while he is a great receiver he didn't have Art's size nor did he go over the middle like Art Monk used to. Forget about TO and Randy Moss...one's a basket case, while the other quits on plays. I can't seem to come up with anyone that was like him. Anyone else?

HTTR

Wow great one....Hines Ward! He is a quintessential team player, takes a hit to make the catch. Good call! I still think Art was better though.

Boldin is a fantastic one! His value dropped and Arizona got a steal with him. Great player, great attitude!

Definitely Harrison is faster, but Art was bigger and went across the middle.

Does anyone think Calvin Johnson might be of an Art Monk mold? Needs to play in the NFL first? Does he have the potential?

*To Any HOF Voters that may read ES....get Art Monk in the hall!!!!!!!!*

I like the Harrison comparison, but I'd definitely go with Hines Ward too. Art and Hines just play the game the way its supposed to be played minus all the bullcrap. Both love the middle of the field, and both had a nose for the yard markers.

I wonder who gets in the HOF first? :(

I hate the Hall!!!!!

my first thought was marvin harrison...but then i thought about hines ward. theyre both great overall receivers, both with great size and catching ability, and both are great blockers too. they do what is needed. nothing more, nothing less.

*offkey* hey, didnt one of our guys throw a TD to hines once?

Maybe I am way off on this since no one has suggested him but what about Drew Bennett? He is tall, good hands, quiet, will go across the middle for catches, deceptively fast, can break one if he has the oppurtunity, cahnged positions, and is a pretty good run blocker. Doesn't always run the greatest routes though.

I would definitely say Hines Ward. Both Hines Ward and Monk would/will block for the team, make clutch plays, go across the middle, and do anything necessary to help the team win. Ward talks a little more than Monk, but he is not full of himself.

I like the Harrison Comparison (don't worry I am not starting to rap). Harrison has great hands like Monk but he is much faster. He also gets more recognition because of his quarterback. If Monk had Peyton at QB, everyone would still be trying to break his records!!!

One other thing about Harrison and this is something Monk would have never done. Two of the past three seasons he complained about not getting the ball enough. Don't get me wrong, he didn't "TO" the situation but he did say it. I remember the first time he said it and I was friends with a Colts fan. Needless to say that fan was surprised and ticked. He said it twice, but it was never made into a big deal.

Also, if Calvin Johnson is even half the player and man that Monk is/was, then we need to draft him!!! I don't think any Skins fan would have a problem with Monk V2. Then we need a Green V2 and a cleaned up Manley V2!!! Hey someone needs to be nasty!!!

I would definitely say Hines Ward. Both Hines Ward and Monk would/will block for the team, make clutch plays, go across the middle, and do anything necessary to help the team win. Ward talks a little more than Monk, but he is not full of himself.

I like the Harrison Comparison (don't worry I am not starting to rap). Harrison has great hands like Monk but he is much faster. He also gets more recognition because of his quarterback. If Monk had Peyton at QB, everyone would still be trying to break his records!!!

One other thing about Harrison and this is something Monk would have never done. Two of the past three seasons he complained about not getting the ball enough. Don't get me wrong, he didn't "TO" the situation but he did say it. I remember the first time he said it and I was friends with a Colts fan. Needless to say that fan was surprised and ticked. He said it twice, but it was never made into a big deal.

Also, if Calvin Johnson is even half the player and man that Monk is/was, then we need to draft him!!! I don't think any Skins fan would have a problem with Monk V2. Then we need a Green V2 and a cleaned up Manley V2!!! Hey someone needs to be nasty!!!

If Harrison said that, it was probably because, for that particular game, it was true.....not like a TO who could be leading the team in catches and still complains.

I agree that personality-wise, Harrison is very close, but Ward is closer in terms of playing style.

Archived