Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Closest Wide Receiver That Plays Now, That Reminds You of Art Monk

Commander Adama

I agree with you. I don't remember Coles ever playing without heart. I'm glad we have Moss, but I really liked what we had in Coles when healthy. I still have my old Coles jersey.

What, you didn't like the Coles, Pierce, and Smoot for Moss trade either?

Let's see...What receiver out there catches a lot of 5 yard passes and never takes over a game, ala Mike Irvin? Hmm. Good question.

Never snorts Crack, gets caught with a Crack Pipe and says "it's a friend's", gets called a "Retard" by Tom Jackson on National TV, gets fired by ESPN because he's such a goofball.........yeah that kind of reciever Burger King.

bking2.jpg

There was only one player that ever even remotely reminded me of Monk. Al Toon. That's it. Concussions destroyed what looked like an oustanding career for him. He was special, was built like Monk, appeared to carry himself like Monk, and was consistently productive and reliable like Monk. Only difference is that they looked a bit different when running, especially when breaking tackles. You could still see a little of the former running back, when Monk would break tackles and turn upfield, not so with Toon. But again, Toon's the only guy whose ever reminded me of him at all, and that reminding was instant, when I saw him as a second year guy back in '86.

It is easily my man Andre Johson, he dose everything that Monk dose and he didn't have the line that Monk did. He is killing the leauge softly a quietly. He is an Asassian(sp?).
I like that. Andre is too fast though IMO. He was a track star. I really like reggie wayne as a comparison

No one in the NFL right now has Monk's combination of size, hands, speed, blocking, and class.

I think the closest right now is Larry Fitzgerald, not Boldin, of the Cardinals.

In a lot of ways, I think Fitz is the type of reciever Monk ushered into the NFL, but let's see how his career turns out.

Let's see...What receiver out there catches a lot of 5 yard passes and never takes over a game, ala Mike Irvin? Hmm. Good question.

:troll:

Back on subject, no one really reminds me of Monk. But since the question is who is closest, I will say Santana Moss.

This isn't a Skins thing, it is a receiver thing. Moss, like Coles mentioned before, does not have the same build, but he has the desire. You have to remember Art in his prime - he could snatch the "uncatchable" ball, he would catch the ball in traffic - middle/sidelines/end zone, he had a great first step after the reception - made people miss, and he blocked downfield. Doesn't this remind you of Moss?

Although Harrison is closer in demeanor and Hines' work ethic reminds me of Monk, go back and watch the Monk video - doesn't that remind you of Santana?

:helmet: The Rook

Santana Moss = Gary Clark

ARE= Ricky Sanders

Marques Colston looked a lot like MONK this year, But i hope soon:

B. Lloyd = Art monk

:wtf: you talkin about Willis?

Go look at the Monk video and NEVER put up that B. Lloyd = Art monk again.

Shame on you. :shutup:

:helmet: The Rook

mushin muhammed was the best one.

next was jurivicious on steroids, that was my original thought.

and i'll throw out joe horn as well.

come to think of it, most older big WR remind me of monk. they are sure handed and because of thier age have to rely on route running and physicallity vs. speed. or perhaps my memories of monk were when he was old.

Archived