Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins And Texans Talking Trade According To Fatty P

Hooper

Len P. seems to enjoy his own claims of Washington attempting to buy a championship via free agency and trades. I wonder if he would make the same claims against NE since they has dumped both draft picks and dollars to pick up proven "Sunday tested" players this season. Or are those claims just reserved for Washington?

How about Mario Williams and their 1st? I know it sounds crazy for them, but they NEED Quinn badly.

We could then draft Jarrett with their pick OR trade down to get more picks.

:lollerskates

The #1 pick of last year's draft is worth moving up 2 spots? I'm gonna go ahead and say they wont go for that.

If they want Quinn that much, which I think they do, they should give up more than we'd think they would be willing to give up.

but think about this. they have the 1st overall pick from a few years ago in david carr who they want to replace. if they do end up getting quinn in the draft, carrs trade value will plummet because teams will know they just wanna dump him. but if they trade him now, teams will KNOW they want quinn and just hold them ransom for lord knows what. it was stupid of them to let it be known that they were looking to replace carr.

If not a 2nd, we might be able to recoup next years #4 that we lost in the Duckett deal...

http://redskins.scout.com/2/560270.html

4. The Broncos get a third-rounder in 2007 and a fourth-rounder in 2008.

The fourth possibility, the one that has the Redskins giving up the two picks for Duckett, would occur if the Redskins finish with a better record than the Broncos.

Denver blew that one :laugh:

Redskins | Team eyes Adams

Fri, 9 Mar 2007 02:22:48 -0800

Paul Woody, of the Richmond Times-Dispatch, reporting for the Sporting News, reports defensive end appears to be in the forefront of the Washington Redskins evaluation process for the draft. With the sixth choice, the team should be able to grab Clemson DE Gaines Adams.

Does this mean that we still trade down with the Texans?

200 point difference between the picks equals a 3rd round draft choice from the Texans.

That would be perfect. We could still nab a Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, or Alan Branch and use that 3rd on a Josh Wilson or O-line/WR depth.

hey BRANDON LLOYD JERKBAG. as things happen in free agency, different draft situations arise that weren't the case earlier. due to certain free agent acquisitions, i am saying don't do the trade with the texans if CJ is available, which up until recently, was very unrealistic.

it was a valid message, and you're an idiot. an absolute moron. ban me for it, fine....but everyone on this board knows you're a jerk.

How is it anymore realistic now? And there are alot bigger jerks on here than BLC. Alot. He's just been butting heads with Oldfan and Riggoradier on this issue for MONTHS. As have I. And it's worn a little thin. Nothing has really changed that Tampa wont take CJ, except they brought in a QB, which means they wont take Quinn for sure, which was about the only way (if Quinn doesnt go at #2) than CJ had a chance to make it to us at #6.

So chill-out.

Redskins | Team eyes Adams

Fri, 9 Mar 2007 02:22:48 -0800

Paul Woody, of the Richmond Times-Dispatch, reporting for the Sporting News, reports defensive end appears to be in the forefront of the Washington Redskins evaluation process for the draft. With the sixth choice, the team should be able to grab Clemson DE Gaines Adams.

Does this mean that we still trade down with the Texans?

You do your homework for a few different situations. If there is no trade. Being at #6 is a nice place to have a problem. Probably 2 good DL will be there to grab. If you move down a few spots. Maybe one will still be there. Not likely though.

You do your homework for a few different situations. If there is no trade. Being at #6 is a nice place to have a problem. Probably 2 good DL will be there to grab. If you move down a few spots. Maybe one will still be there. Not likely though.

I think if you can get a 3rd, you still make the trade to #8. IMO there's not a big enough difference between Branch, Adams, Okoye, and Anderson to sacrifice picking up another potential starter in the 3rd round....If we had other picks then maybe you stay, but considering past mistakes, we have to make up for it.....

This trade business sure is complicating even from a fan's perspective. My question is this though? You have Jamarcus, Quinn, Peterson, Anderson, Gaines as well as many other high prospects. Secluding the QB and RB position, which position between DT and DE has a higher sucess rate?

This trade business sure is complicating even from a fan's perspective. My question is this though? You have Jamarcus, Quinn, Peterson, Anderson, Gaines as well as many other high prospects. Secluding the QB and RB position, which position between DT and DE has a higher sucess rate?

Not sure about the higher success rate but i know for a fact that

DT = Underrated, underappreciated position

DE = Glamour position

either way it is going to help our secondary

If you want to talk about absolute best case scenarios for the Skins, something like this is it.

You potentially have teams like Minny, Houston, and perhaps Miami salivating over getting Quinn. You pick up a 2nd or perhaps 3rd rounder from Minny to drop down one spot and still have your pick of the defensive line litter.

Believe it or not, Detroit of all teams played a screnario like this perfectly back in 2004. They had Cleveland and Jacksonville salivating over Kellen Winslow behind them. Millen traded down 1 spot from 6 to 7 and still got his guy - Roy Williams. For his trouble, he picked up Cleveland's 2nd rounder.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait another 6 weeks until draft day to find out. Nobody makes trades like this until we're "on the clock" because they risk getting leapfrogged if Arizona trades back.

You pretty much nailed my dream draft scenario Dirk. :)

I hope this is true, if the Texans don't trade with us if Quinn falls to us the Vikings will surely take him...that puts us in a fantastic position to completely and utterly rape the Texans for other draft picks like their 2nd rounder, or the 3rd and 4th...we move down 2 spots, with Quinn off the Board chances are the Vikings take a cornerback, and all of our options before the trade are still there, only now we have more draft picks :laugh:

Everyone: hope to god this happens.

Either way you look at it, the DE's that many people covet here won't be there at #8 in this scenario

1. Oakland JaMarcus Russell / Calvin Johnson

2. Detroit Joe Thomas

3. Cleveland Adrian Peterson

4. Tampa Bay Jamaal Anderson/ Calvin Johnson

5. Arizona Jamaal Anderson/Gaines Adams

6. Houston Brady Quinn

7. Minnesota Jamaal Anderson/Gaines Adams

8. Washington ???

From all I've read on the Lions, they want to go defense in the draft this year.

DE, MLB, CB.

I don't believe they will take Thomas. Left tackle Jeff Bakus was signed to an extension about two years ago. The Lions just traded for a RT in the Denver trade for Blye. Thomas natural position is LT.

More on Backus:

http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=6&season=9

I would love this situation. Granted I realize we can't get too much for two slots in the draft!

Browns gave up a second rounder to Detroit to move up one spot up in the first round after we took Sean Taylor with the 5th to take Kellen Winslow.

How is it anymore realistic now? And there are alot bigger jerks on here than BLC. Alot. He's just been butting heads with Oldfan and Riggoradier on this issue for MONTHS. As have I. And it's worn a little thin. Nothing has really changed that Tampa wont take CJ, except they brought in a QB, which means they wont take Quinn for sure, which was about the only way (if Quinn doesnt go at #2) than CJ had a chance to make it to us at #6.

So chill-out.

The only way Tampa Bay doesn't pick CJ....is if Oakland does.

I just have this feeling that if we do take Branch at #6 in two years time the guy's the size of a house and unmotivated to play. Does anyone know about Branch's desire to play the game? I know he has insane physical talents, but what about heart? i think with the position we are in, with no middle round picks, moving down 2 spots is a good move. we could still grab Okoye.

Either way you look at it, the DE's that many people covet here won't be there at #8 in this scenario

1. Oakland Calvin Johnson

2. Detroit Jamaal Anderson

3. Cleveland JaMarcus Russell

4. Tampa Bay Alan Branch

5. Arizona Joe Thomas

6. Minnesota Brady Quinn

7. Buffalo Adrian Peterson

8. Houston LaRon Landry

9. Miami Levi Brown

10. Altlanta Reggie Nelson

11. 49ers - Amobi Okoye

12. Washington - Adam Carriker

This would be my ideal if Minnesota was interested in Quinn (along with Houston, maybe Miami). If CJ is taken by Oakland, Cleveland might be tempted to go with Russell. Pick up a 3rd by trading with Minnesota, and at least another 2nd from Buffalo.

I think the Raiders, and Cardinals aren't a threat, but I could definitely see Detroit, Cleveland and even Tampa all considering Quinn. Do we really think he'll drop to six? I wonder if Houston is interested in Joe Thomas as well? I expect him to go to Cleveland or Arizona though. Arizona could very well trade up for him (if their FO has any collective brain at all).

Archived