Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins And Texans Talking Trade According To Fatty P

Hooper

I can't believe I'm gonna say this....but it's starting to look like CJ could realistically be available at six. You guys are with me right? If he's available, you can't pass up on that unless you're getting an unbelievable trade, right?

you should start a thread about this, itd be an interesting topic to debate.

*stabs myself in face yet again*

That makes sense because Redskins coach Joe Gibbs, who finally seems convinced that you can't buy a Super Bowl with free agents and actually have to invest in some draft picks once in a while, wants to slide down out of the No. 6 slot and amass extra choices.

It is absolutely impossible to take Pasquarelli seriously as a writer when he insinuates that Joe Gibbs is stupid. This guy is the ultimate d-bag. Yeah, Gibbs has no idea how to win football games, it's not like he hasn't already won 3 of the Super Bowls that Pasquarelli speaks of. Meanwhile, teams like the Eagles, who Pasquarelli looks at like a roasted turkey dinner, come up short just like the oh so stupid Redskins. The saddest part is that he doesn't even seem to realize how much of a joke he is in the sports world.

Oh pleeeze, pleeeze, PLEEEZE! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We'll take their 2nd round (39) pick in exchange, and STILL get who we want.

OK, OK.... get our 3rd back. I was just dreaming there for a few seconds. :silly:

The only way we get more then a #3 is if we get the Vikings involved in the negotiations. The Lions traded down I beleive 1 or max 2 spots for Winslow and got and additional 2nd round pick in return so it is possible to get more then the chart dictates. If not a 2nd, we might be able to recoup next years #4 that we lost in the Duckett deal or maybe an additional 5th this year. It should be interestiong....Hopefully the Vikings don't try to leapfrog up and get to Arizona's spot...

hey BRANDON LLOYD JERKBAG. as things happen in free agency, different draft situations arise that weren't the case earlier. due to certain free agent acquisitions, i am saying don't do the trade with the texans if CJ is available, which up until recently, was very unrealistic.

it was a valid message, and you're an idiot. an absolute moron. ban me for it, fine....but everyone on this board knows you're a jerk.

I want to get another Day 1 pick so we can pick up Marshal Yanda in either the late 2nd or early 3rd. He isn't going to be a star but he is a sound technician who was coached by OLine guru Kirk Ferentz. If whatever old vet we sign is a bust , we could possibly just plug in the NFL-ready (just needs to add some strength) Yanda.

That doesnt follow the draft value chart at all so no GM is going to give that much up in one year.

Maybe get a pick next year as well as a 3rd this year but any more than that and you are kidding yourself.

Hello, you do know the draft value chart is at best a baseline? What deal you end up with is based on how much the parties value the draft choice themselves. All trades are based on the value judgements of the parties involved NOT the value rules set by some chart! If some team who drafted after the Patriots had KNOWN what Tom Brady would become, do you not think they'd have sold the store to get in front of NE?

The Redskins don't know who will be available at 8. Might the guy we're targeting not be available at 8? Could Houston be pretending they want Quinn when they really want the guy we're targeting? The answers to these and other questions modify the trade values for us. Houston has to think, what would be the risk to them if they stood pat (assuming they really want Quinn or they'd be happy with a lesser version of the guy they're targeting if they're bluffing)? If they pull the trigger before the 5th choice is made, will Quinn (or whoever their targeting) still be on the board? The answers to these questions may decrease or increase value or our pick to them.

Hello, you do know the draft value chart is at best a baseline? What deal you end up with is based on how much the parties value the draft choice themselves. All trades are based on the value judgements of the parties involved NOT the value rules set by some chart! If some team who drafted after the Patriots had KNOWN what Tom Brady would become, do you not think they'd have sold the store to get in front of NE?

The Redskins don't know who will be available at 8. Might the guy we're targeting not be available at 8? Could Houston be pretending they want Quinn when they really want the guy we're targeting? The answers to these and other questions modify the trade values for us. Houston has to think, what would be the risk to them if they stood pat (assuming they really want Quinn or they'd be happy with a lesser version of the guy they're targeting if they're bluffing)? If they pull the trigger before the 5th choice is made, will Quinn (or whoever their targeting) still be on the board? The answers to these questions may decrease or increase value or our pick to them.

This is all true and the pick and the value is subjective from one team to another but nothing besides this article has said that the Texans are tight in the pants for Quinn to the point that they'd be willing to give this much up.

hey BRANDON LLOYD JERKBAG. as things happen in free agency, different draft situations arise that weren't the case earlier. due to certain free agent acquisitions, i am saying don't do the trade with the texans if CJ is available, which up until recently, was very unrealistic.

it was a valid message, and you're an idiot. an absolute moron. ban me for it, fine....but everyone on this board knows you're a jerk.

youre right. im a jerk because i dont want to draft a WR. haha

and by the way, i like brandon lloyd jerkbag. if we draft CJ, ill change my username to that just for you.

enough of the name calling

you disagree with someone argue intelligently

sorry for getting mad at you BLC. if you change your name to brandon lloyd jerkbag, i would be honored.

i don't a WR either, but more importantly i do want a playmaker, and CJ is the closest thing to a guaranteed playmaker that there is in the draft. i'm not really interested in developing talent...i want a joe gibbs super bowl.

he should be able to call me names if he wants, but regardless, weve been over the calvin johnson business more times than weve been over the lets trade portis business. if i had a beating a dead horse icon, id post it.

I'd have to agree with you. We have to work on defense first. after that is straight we could draft calvin. Unfortunately I think he will be gone in the first round. It would be nice to complete the offense though. We have to stop someone to out score them any way, so defense first.

sorry for getting mad at you BLC. if you change your name to brandon lloyd jerkbag, i would be honored.

i don't a WR either, but more importantly i do want a playmaker, and CJ is the closest thing to a guaranteed playmaker that there is in the draft. i'm not really interested in developing talent...i want a joe gibbs super bowl.

any player is a gamble in the draft and while were gambling we might as well gamble on the side of the ball that set records in NFL HISTORY for SUCKAGE. calvin johnson is a luxary, not a necessity. when our WRs start setting records for suckage, then we'll talk.

and no need for an apology, i like a little fire on a boring day like today!

The thing is all this Superbowl now talk is why we are in the problems with not having draft picks and Salary Cap issues

That doesnt follow the draft value chart at all so no GM is going to give that much up in one year.

Maybe get a pick next year as well as a 3rd this year but any more than that and you are kidding yourself.

If the FO was better at negotiating, I'd say getting something like a 3rd and 4th or 5th this year would be possible. But being the Redskins FO, I could certainly see their 8th overall, 3rd round this year, and maybe a 3rd or 4th next year.

Whats the difference in draft value between the 6th and the 8th? Im sure if they throw their second pick in with the 8th for our 6th, our FO would bite, but is that too much compensation to move up 2 spots?

This trade would require at very least their 8th this year (obviously), probably either their 3rd this year and a middle to late round pick next year, or a second round pick this year and a sixth or a seventh next year.

If the FO was better at negotiating, I'd say getting something like a 3rd and 4th or 5th this year would be possible. But being the Redskins FO, I could certainly see their 8th overall, 3rd round this year, and maybe a 3rd or 4th next year.

R u kidding me?? I hope your joking...If the redskins could get thier 1st, 3rd round this yr and a 3rd next yr for moving down 2 spots that would great trade..It would be a great trade in any organization. The draft value chart says that the value of moving down from 6-8 is worth a 3rd round pick so anything more than that would be a steal. Now if they get anything worse than a 3rd round pick then we should pissed as fans.

Archived