Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins And Texans Talking Trade According To Fatty P

Hooper

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2792825

Houston owns the eighth overall choice in the first round of the draft and NFL sources tell ESPN.com that the Texans have been talking to teams higher in the order about moving up in the round, if necessary, to snag Quinn. Specifically, the Texans feel they might have to leap-frog the Minnesota Vikings, who own the No. 7 pick and who also will be tempted to grab Quinn as their quarterback of the future.

The Texans have been doing a lot of talking with Washington, currently at the No. 6 slot, about a deal. That makes sense because Redskins coach Joe Gibbs, who finally seems convinced that you can't buy a Super Bowl with free agents and actually have to invest in some draft picks once in a while, wants to slide down out of the No. 6 slot and amass extra choices.

Some in the league feel the Texans and Redskins already have an arrangement in place for such a deal, provided, of course, Quinn is still on the board at the sixth slot.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2792825

Houston owns the eighth overall choice in the first round of the draft and NFL sources tell ESPN.com that the Texans have been talking to teams higher in the order about moving up in the round, if necessary, to snag Quinn. Specifically, the Texans feel they might have to leap-frog the Minnesota Vikings, who own the No. 7 pick and who also will be tempted to grab Quinn as their quarterback of the future.

The Texans have been doing a lot of talking with Washington, currently at the No. 6 slot, about a deal. That makes sense because Redskins coach Joe Gibbs, who finally seems convinced that you can't buy a Super Bowl with free agents and actually have to invest in some draft picks once in a while, wants to slide down out of the No. 6 slot and amass extra choices.

Some in the league feel the Texans and Redskins already have an arrangement in place for such a deal, provided, of course, Quinn is still on the board at the sixth slot.

Whats the difference in draft value between the 6th and the 8th? Im sure if they throw their second pick in with the 8th for our 6th, our FO would bite, but is that too much compensation to move up 2 spots?

Redskins 6th pick =1600 pts

Texans 8th pick =1400 pts

Texans 40th pick (2nd Round) =500 pts

Texans 72nd pick (3rd Round) = 230 pts

So i guess it all depends how bad they want Quinn

That doesnt follow the draft value chart at all so no GM is going to give that much up in one year.

Maybe get a pick next year as well as a 3rd this year but any more than that and you are kidding yourself.

That doesnt follow the draft value chart at all so no GM is going to give that much up in one year.

Maybe get a pick next year as well as a 3rd this year but any more than that and you are kidding yourself.

I wasn't saying to ask for both the 2nd and 3rd, i was just pointing out the values of both.

It wouldnt be too far fetched to ask for their 1st and 2nd but more likely to get 1st and 3rd

I don't know about how the point system works with draft picks but i wouldn't mind the trade if we got say a 2nd or 3rd found pick with the 8th overall pick. That would give us at least the player we want and an extra pick......could that mean that the defense gets fixed and we get a good tall reciever to complete the offense? I can dream can't I? I am defensive minded but I want to see the Offense at least put up 35 points a game.

Or i'd be greatful if we get two game changing Defensive lineman. Any thoughts?

We should try to get the Vikings, Texans, and if possible the Dolphins to all outbid each other.

Contact the Vikings and Dolphins and tell them they have a trade in place with the Texans in exchange for a certain pick, and see if you can get more.

Create a bidding war and reap the benefits. :)

If you want to talk about absolute best case scenarios for the Skins, something like this is it.

You potentially have teams like Minny, Houston, and perhaps Miami salivating over getting Quinn. You pick up a 2nd or perhaps 3rd rounder from Minny to drop down one spot and still have your pick of the defensive line litter.

Believe it or not, Detroit of all teams played a screnario like this perfectly back in 2004. They had Cleveland and Jacksonville salivating over Kellen Winslow behind them. Millen traded down 1 spot from 6 to 7 and still got his guy - Roy Williams. For his trouble, he picked up Cleveland's 2nd rounder.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait another 6 weeks until draft day to find out. Nobody makes trades like this until we're "on the clock" because they risk getting leapfrogged if Arizona trades back.

Archived