Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss and Moss? What do you think?

Passizle

Anyone that calls Randy Moss a possesion reciever is a idiot. Oh he might look like a guy that could go over the middle, but he cant run routes that dont have "go" in it, and he is NOT physical. He's a puss going over the middle.

Deep threat, definatly, but Santana is a much better possesion receiver than Randy would ever be.

This is a terrible idea. For one, trading Lloyd would result in a catastrophic cap hit(~$10 million). Second, Moss is owed $21 million over the next two years in base salary and he has NO incentive to restructure. The total cap hit of this trade would be almost $20 million and all we would have is an upgrade at WR. This would be a bad idea.

I think you highly under-estimate ES posters and highly over-estimate Randy Moss as a player.
Indeed. Seldom do we cream our pants. :D And R.Moss has become a deep threat almost...exclusively. Maybe I am using that word wrong. What I mean is that he doesn't really give you a whole lot else. He is not a leader, blocker and he doesn't catch the ball coming across the middle a whole bunch.

This is a terrible idea. For one, trading Lloyd would result in a catastrophic cap hit(~$10 million). Second, Moss is owed $21 million over the next two years in base salary and he has NO incentive to restructure. The total cap hit of this trade would be almost $20 million and all we would have is an upgrade at WR. This would be a bad idea.

Thanks for the insight. That was the part I was unsure of. That is way to big a hit.

Are you sure you get a cap hit when you trade a player? Its not like we are cutting Lloyd.

What is Lloyds current contract? I thought it was 5 years for 25 mil with a 10 mil signing bonus.

Moss has four years left on his contract with the Raiders. I thought it would be pretty much straight up and we may have to give up a 3rd (I do not think we have one this year so ti would have to be next years). We may be paying a little more per year but not much. Or so I thought.

I am starting to see a pattern here. It would be quite the gamble in the end for an upgrade receiver.

Apart from the obvious problems with Moss (basically, the second biggest clubhouse cancer in football), he also happens to be owed about $21 mil over the next two years. People may throw the word "restucture" as a rebuttal to that, but that still involves paying him that money upfront, with a nice extension needing to be added on for good measure. Who the hell would want to do that?

Oh, and he had a whopping 553 yards receiving this year.

Maybe there's a F.O. dumb enough to give something up to acquire that, but let's hope it's not ours.

OK, you beat me to metioning the money he's owed.

I would point out for what it's worth, though, that I would assume any Lloyd trade would involve the new team paying him the $5 mil bonus he's due this year, so he wouldn't create that huge dead money hit.

everyone keeps bringing up "character" or him not being a "joe gibbs guy." i've got bad news for everybody, when your roster consists of 50+ players, not everyone is going to be a cub scout leader that goes to church every sunday. i'm all for gibbs and co. evaluating people's character, but, if an incredible talent comes along with a few personal issues-you take him. is sean taylor ever going to win man of the year? no. is he the best safety in football? yes.

BTW, Whats up with all the "Moss is just another team cancer"? I know the guy has totally under performed while in Oakland, But name one team he destroyed let alone many, ala TO.

Big deal, he walked off the feild with 2 whole seconds left during a game against us. Their only chance was to recover the onside kick (next to impossible). That makes him a team destroyer?

I would point out for what it's worth, though, that I would assume any Lloyd trade would involve the new team paying him the $5 mil bonus he's due this year, so he wouldn't create that huge dead money hit.

It's my understanding that the deal is structured very simliarly to Arch's deal in which case cutting/trading Lloyd would guarantee certain remaining money. Even if you are right, though, there's no way the Raiders or any other team would be willing to take on that bonus, along with his future contract. They are better off just cutting Moss, which may actually happen.

Correct, when you trade a guy the other team picks up his contract, which is why Lloyd is basically untradeable. No one but us would pay him a contract that he has.

everyone keeps bringing up "character" or him not being a "joe gibbs guy." i've got bad news for everybody, when your roster consists of 50+ players, not everyone is going to be a cub scout leader that goes to church every sunday. i'm all for gibbs and co. evaluating people's character, but, if an incredible talent comes along with a few personal issues-you take him. is sean taylor ever going to win man of the year? no. is he the best safety in football? yes.

i gotta agree with you here dude. i honestly can't guarantee that every single one of our players are as self sacrificing or team oriented as say chris cooley or marcus washington. if we had the chance to bring in a guy with randy moss's talent to replace lloyd, i'd be all for it.

but NOT if it's randy moss. yes i know he has the talent, but he just DOESN'T TRY! he gives up on plays ("I play when I want to") and he refuses to go up the middle ("Randy Moss don't go over the middle"). if he had some character issues, but actually gave it his all when he played, that's one thing. but his stupid pride and lack of motivation totally bring down his overall talent to. it's a damn shame, he could've been one of the greatest.

we aren't in THAT dire need of talent that we should sign a guy like this (unlike the raiders, or apparently the packers who're interested in him).

BTW, Whats up with all the "Moss is just another team cancer"? I know the guy has totally under performed while in Oakland, But name one team he destroyed let alone many, ala TO.

Big deal, he walked off the feild with 2 whole seconds left during a game against us. Their only chance was to recover the onside kick (next to impossible). That makes him a team destroyer?

Did you forget that he threw the coaching staff under the bus last year? Or that he was having a case of the dropsies because he was mentally distracted?

Seriously... I can't believe anyone would entertain the idea of acquiring Randy Moss. I think it speaks volumes of the character of the posters who would even contemplate it.

Sorry, but I'd rather lose doing things the right way than watch Randy Moss catch touchdowns and pretending to moon the spectators. Give talented "class" players any day of the week.

Archived