Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss and Moss? What do you think?

Passizle

I know I am probably going to get ridiculed for this idea and I am prepared for it, but I do not think it is that far fetched or unreasonable.

I think it is obvious that the Randy Moss experiment is over in Oakland. I also think that Brandon Lloyd is not a good fit on this team.

What would you think of a trade involving these players? The one thing I have read over and over (and I think the general consensus is) is how badly we need a possesion receiver.

At 6'4" and 210lbs, Randy Moss could be that guy. I do not know his history as this type of receiver, but I do know he was on his way to the HOF while in Minnesota. Plus, we all know about his lightning fast speed and knack to get open deep.

Here are the facts. Randy still has another two years left on his contract. Oakland is in cap hell like us (6.6 mil under to be exact) and would love to save the 7.7 mil due to Randy this year by trading him. Oakland is hoping to get a #2 draft pick for Randy and if they can't, the talk of town is that they will cut him and take the hit. I think it is pretty obvious that Randy wants out of Oakland anyway.

I am well aware of Randy's charcter issues, but Lloyd is pretty much the same guy with out the great stats, speed, and height to back it up that Randy does.( I keep having vision of those great deep passes by Campbell that were just barely out of reach of Lloyds hands that would have been in Moss's mitts easily.)

I am by no means an expert in trade negotiations, but I think this could work out depending what contract stipulations are on Brandons contract. What would we have to give up (if anything) and what kind of cap hit would we take (if any)?

We could end up getting Randy for far under market value do to his drop off over the last few years. No offense to Raider fans, but I do not think that had anything to do with Randy's skills. The Raiders were just that bad...

What do you all think?

It's an attractive issue to ponder, however i still have memories of Randy giving-up and leaving the field and his team-mates behind. His character would be detrimental to him in DC. :(

Did you forget that he threw the coaching staff under the bus last year? Or that he was having a case of the dropsies because he was mentally distracted?

I guess our deep throat did not do the same thing this season ( see Tom Friend article)? What about Potris throwing Gibbs under the bus during pre-season?

Does Moss have character issues? Yes.

Team destroyer? Not even close.

Seriously... I can't believe anyone would entertain the idea of acquiring Randy Moss. I think it speaks volumes of the character of the posters who would even contemplate it.

No offense pal, but you know nothing of my character or me. Choose your words wiseley when you insinuate that the character is bad of a person you do not know.:mad:

It was just a thought. An idea. God forbid an ES member has one of those and its not the popular consensus. I have been around here a long time, not as long as you, but I see ES members getting "thrown under the bus" by other ES members for having a freakin opinion.:rolleyes: What does that say about your character?:silly:

Lighten up. Alot of you act like I have pull and will make this idea happen. Dont worry, I'll tell uncle Joe to forget about the whole idea:laugh:

Cant a guy speak his mind without having his intelligence or character value put down?

Ever since Moss got hurt awhile back, he lost his one true asset: Breakaway Speed.

If you notice, Moss cannot run routes, he cannot muscle defenders, and he's afraid of the middle....in other words, NO THANK YOU!!!!

I am tired of Snyder going after the names, rather then keeping fan favorites like Pierce, Lavar, Smoot, and Bailey. Screw FAs!!!!

while i do think the idea posed in this thread isn't "super smart," i do like how the original poster is fighting his guts out.

and yes, it is unfortunate that someone would actually call your character into question over this.

Very funny.:laugh:

Im not fighting for the idea, I do not like and will not be insulted over a post for a passing idea I had.

If we were all face to face and having this same discussion, I would have slapped a few people for their insulting responses.

It's my understanding that the deal is structured very simliarly to Arch's deal in which case cutting/trading Lloyd would guarantee certain remaining money. Even if you are right, though, there's no way the Raiders or any other team would be willing to take on that bonus, along with his future contract. They are better off just cutting Moss, which may actually happen.

No, you have that wrong. Archuleta is guaranteed a $5 mil bonus this year, or the team can not pay it and instead guarantee his next 3 years' salary at a slightly higher level (though I don't know exactly what those figures are). There's nothing that gives him extra money from being cut or traded. I don't know if Lloyd has the same clause, but it's irrelevant as it's a team choice either way.

The only issue is whether the team would be able to easily transfer this year's bonus to a new team. If the timing/wording of the bonus doesn't make that automatic, then it would be easy to go to Lloyd and say "OK, instead of 5 mil guaranteed, we'll make it 5.1 mil, but you have to change the language so the new team pays it." It's hard to imagine that would be an issue.

And people really overstate his contract being "untradeable". I'm not a fan of Lloyd's and I have no idea if there is another team that would interested in trading for him. However, that new team would be responsible for only the $5 mil guaranteed. Hardly "outrageous" or anything. In fact, with that bonus, his cap figures for the new team would be:

07: 1.428 mil 08: 3.238 09: 4.333 10: 4.833 11: 4.833 12: 4.833

Again, no idea if another team would be interested in him. But to make it out like that contract is far too ridiculous to even think that someone would take it on, just seems a little exagerrated. Especially in a year where Stallworth, Curtis and Bennett are the only available WRs of ANY note.

I guess our deep throat did not do the same thing this season ( see Tom Friend article)? What about Potris throwing Gibbs under the bus during pre-season?

Does Moss have character issues? Yes.

Team destroyer? Not even close.

No offense pal, but you know nothing of my character or me. Choose your words wiseley when you insinuate that the character is bad of a person you do not know.:mad:

It was just a thought. An idea. God forbid an ES member has one of those and its not the popular consensus. I have been around here a long time, not as long as you, but I see ES members getting "thrown under the bus" by other ES members for having a freakin opinion.:rolleyes: What does that say about your character?:silly:

Lighten up. Alot of you act like I have pull and will make this idea happen. Dont worry, I'll tell uncle Joe to forget about the whole idea:laugh:

Cant a guy speak his mind without having his intelligence or character value put down?

:applause: "Uncle Joe." :laugh:

Very funny.:laugh:

Im not fighting for the idea, I do not like and will not be insulted over a post for a passing idea I had.

If we were all face to face and having this same discussion, I would have slapped a few people for their insulting responses.

Obviously not the most popular idea ever shared on this board. And you are definitely getting your share of some unnecessary comments. Don't sweat it though, there is not a whole lot that you can do about it on a message board. :2cents:

I know I am probably going to get ridiculed for this idea and I am prepared for it, but I do not think it is that far fetched or unreasonable.

I think it is obvious that the Randy Moss experiment is over in Oakland. I also think that Brandon Lloyd is not a good fit on this team.

What would you think of a trade involving these players? The one thing I have read over and over (and I think the general consensus is) is how badly we need a possesion receiver.

At 6'4" and 210lbs, Randy Moss could be that guy. I do not know his history as this type of receiver, but I do know he was on his way to the HOF while in Minnesota. Plus, we all know about his lightning fast speed and knack to get open deep.

Here are the facts. Randy still has another two years left on his contract. Oakland is in cap hell like us (6.6 mil under to be exact) and would love to save the 7.7 mil due to Randy this year by trading him. Oakland is hoping to get a #2 draft pick for Randy and if they can't, the talk of town is that they will cut him and take the hit. I think it is pretty obvious that Randy wants out of Oakland anyway.

I am well aware of Randy's charcter issues, but Lloyd is pretty much the same guy with out the great stats, speed, and height to back it up that Randy does.( I keep having vision of those great deep passes by Campbell that were just barely out of reach of Lloyds hands that would have been in Moss's mitts easily.)

I am by no means an expert in trade negotiations, but I think this could work out depending what contract stipulations are on Brandons contract. What would we have to give up (if anything) and what kind of cap hit would we take (if any)?

We could end up getting Randy for far under market value do to his drop off over the last few years. No offense to Raider fans, but I do not think that had anything to do with Randy's skills. The Raiders were just that bad...

What do you all think?

Personally I would love to see Randy come here. I know he's had some issues in Oakland, but lets face it the raiders have not been the same franchise since Gruden left. I think if Randy was on a team that had a shot to win every game like the skins do that he would maximize his opportunities. I don't see it happening though. No way Al davis lets him weasel out to go to DC. We have nothing they could possibly want, and no draft ammunition to give up.

at least we know randy moss can play unlike all the calvin johnson jock riders.

I disagree, I'd rather bank on the chance to grab CJ in the draft then moss. I think it would be far more economical and less of a headache down the road. CJ isn't worth all the knocks hes gotten on this board.

Actually, everytime you write a post that expresses your opinion or values... that says something about your character. Even posts on the internet... which is no different than conducting a live conversation. The only part lacking is an ability to judge your actions... which we don't have the luxury or misfortune.

There's lots of examples of people that have shared thoughts and ideas without having their intelligence questioned. And there are ones that do.

And if you can't live with that... log off the internet. It's a scary place and obviously you can't hack it.

That's a great idea, for me to poop on.

My favorite part was when OP went Internet tough guy and talked about slapping people.

Die Hard is right. What kind of people actually want an individual like Randy Moss on their team? Sounds like a fabulous concept for a team that already has major chemistry issues.

Actually, everytime you write a post that expresses your opinion or values... that says something about your character. Even posts on the internet... which is no different than conducting a live conversation. The only part lacking is an ability to judge your actions... which we don't have the luxury or misfortune.

There's lots of examples of people that have shared thoughts and ideas without having their intelligence questioned. And there are ones that do.

And if you can't live with that... log off the internet. It's a scary place and obviously you can't hack it.

I disagree entireley with your beliefs.

So with your logic, a working family man, loving father of three and ex military hero has character issues because he thought of an unprobable and unpopular idea (that had to do with football for christs sake) and wanted to know what other people thought of it?:doh:

My favorite part was when OP went Internet tough guy and talked about slapping people.

Die Hard is right. What kind of people actually want an individual like Randy Moss on their team? Sounds like a fabulous concept for a team that already has major chemistry issues.

Amazing isn't it? It says a lot of quality of Redskins fans. In one breathe, Skins fans value guys like Art Monk, Darrell Green and Joe Gibbs for being great football players and better "men".... and the next minute we are cursing Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato for overspending for name players past their prime... and in the final seconds... we're campaigning for trading for Randy Moss.

Un-frickin-believable.

I disagree entireley with your beliefs.

So with your logic, a working family man, loving father of three and ex military hero has character issues because he thought of an unprobable and unpopular idea (that had to do with football for christs sake) and wanted to know what other people thought of it?:doh:

Winning is the bottom line. The ends justifies the means. Even if you have to associate yourself with questionable characters... as long as you win... that's all that matters.

That's what you are ultimately advocating with the acquisition of Randy Moss.

That's your value system. That's who you are. And that's a horrible value system to be passing unto your children. Of course, it's not completely uncommon.

No internet tough guy here. Just speaking my mind. I am not the kind of guy that takes attacks on my integrity lightly. I never say what I would not do.

I like how people deviate from the subject just to get in a war or words. Randy Moss, hands down, or rather hands up, has the best hands of ANY receiver in the league. He has great deep ball reaction. Is big and extremely fast. If Brandon Lloyd caught balls, he'd be like a very poor man's Randy Moss (lack of speed/size).

Brandon lloyd highlights

can't find the B.lloyd highlights, but hes made the ridicolous catch many a time.

Randy Moss Highlights

Winning is the bottom line. The ends justifies the means. Even if you have to associate yourself with questionable characters... as long as you win... that's all that matters.

That's what you are ultimately advocating with the acquisition of Randy Moss.

That's your value system. That's who you are. And that's a horrible value system to be passing unto your children. Of course, it's not completely uncommon.

Now you question my values? And how I raise my children? Over an idea for a possible football trade? Well... thats your opinion, and you are entitled. Answer me this...

The Redskins have had the win now attitude for the past 15 years. No matter the cost. Why then are you a fan, Mr. "My values are higher than yours" guy? They should make a "Real men of genious" Budweiser commercial for you.

No, you have that wrong. Archuleta is guaranteed a $5 mil bonus this year, or the team can not pay it and instead guarantee his next 3 years' salary at a slightly higher level (though I don't know exactly what those figures are). There's nothing that gives him extra money from being cut or traded. I don't know if Lloyd has the same clause, but it's irrelevant as it's a team choice either way.
I never said anything about extra money. In fact, what you are explaining is what I was referencing. Right now it would cost a minimum $4.167 which is what we have left on the books from Lloyd's signing bonus. What's in question is if his deal is structured like Arch's, which many believe it is, then you would have to add the additional $5 million, making a total $9.167 million cap hit. When he initially signed, it was reported that there was $10 million guaranteed, which leads me to the conclusion that the bonus is guaranteed in one form or another. If we guaranteed it and we trade/cut him, we owe him the money. I believe that I am right, and that if we cut/trade Lloyd we will incur a $9.167 million cap hit. Believe what you will.

The Redskins have had the win now attitude for the past 15 years. No matter the cost. Why then are you a fan, Mr. "My values are higher than yours" guy? They should make a "Real men of genious" Budweiser commercial for you.

The Redskins are in a sorry state because of the highlighted reason that you wrote.

So what's your point? Does not compute.

Archived