Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss and Moss? What do you think?

Passizle

I know I am probably going to get ridiculed for this idea and I am prepared for it, but I do not think it is that far fetched or unreasonable.

I think it is obvious that the Randy Moss experiment is over in Oakland. I also think that Brandon Lloyd is not a good fit on this team.

What would you think of a trade involving these players? The one thing I have read over and over (and I think the general consensus is) is how badly we need a possesion receiver.

At 6'4" and 210lbs, Randy Moss could be that guy. I do not know his history as this type of receiver, but I do know he was on his way to the HOF while in Minnesota. Plus, we all know about his lightning fast speed and knack to get open deep.

Here are the facts. Randy still has another two years left on his contract. Oakland is in cap hell like us (6.6 mil under to be exact) and would love to save the 7.7 mil due to Randy this year by trading him. Oakland is hoping to get a #2 draft pick for Randy and if they can't, the talk of town is that they will cut him and take the hit. I think it is pretty obvious that Randy wants out of Oakland anyway.

I am well aware of Randy's charcter issues, but Lloyd is pretty much the same guy with out the great stats, speed, and height to back it up that Randy does.( I keep having vision of those great deep passes by Campbell that were just barely out of reach of Lloyds hands that would have been in Moss's mitts easily.)

I am by no means an expert in trade negotiations, but I think this could work out depending what contract stipulations are on Brandons contract. What would we have to give up (if anything) and what kind of cap hit would we take (if any)?

We could end up getting Randy for far under market value do to his drop off over the last few years. No offense to Raider fans, but I do not think that had anything to do with Randy's skills. The Raiders were just that bad...

What do you all think?

Dammit! I forgot today was "What if we had Randy Moss and Santana Moss" Day, I knew I should have marked it on the calendar.

well you better remember next time.

This is a terrible idea. Don't you remember Randy Moss walking to the locker room with minutes left in the game? Then he pushed the camera out of the way? Terrible idea. It wouldn't be a good idea even if were Sanata and Sinorice.

well you better remember next time.

This is a terrible idea. Don't you remember Randy Moss walking to the locker room with minutes left in the game? Then he pushed the camera out of the way? Terrible idea. It wouldn't be a good idea even if were Sanata and Sinorice.

How about Santana, Sinorice and Randy...we'll call it the Mosse :D

i mean I would take randy moss in a second...anyone who doesn't realize how talanted he is doesn't know much about football. the FO would make that trade in a second Lloyd for moss? are you joking people. Moss was the best reciever in the league for like 4 years. and I still think he would be if he had a qb to throw to him. Yeah he has character issues but so does Lloyd and if he was on a better team he wouldn't really have character issues.

sure why don't we just get more and more free agents because that has worked so well for us in the past? in case you can't tell i'm being sarcastic. worst idea ever

since he didn't know about contracts and it would be a TRADE not a FA it may not be so bad. Lloyd is making a pretty hefty amount. If the cap hit was about equal I would take Randy over Lloyd, no doubt.

everyone who is bashing this idea knows full well that if we ever signed randy moss they would be creaming their pants. is he a great person? absolutetly not. is he a great football player? no doubt. if he ever became a redskin(which he probably won't) all the haters on this site would be running to buy his jersey.

i mean I would take randy moss in a second...anyone who doesn't realize how talanted he is doesn't know much about football. the FO would make that trade in a second Lloyd for moss? are you joking people. Moss was the best reciever in the league for like 4 years. and I still think he would be if he had a qb to throw to him. Yeah he has character issues but so does Lloyd and if he was on a better team he wouldn't really have character issues.

I agree, Randy moss is the ultimate deep threat receiver

everyone who is bashing this idea knows full well that if we ever signed randy moss they would be creaming their pants. is he a great person? absolutetly not. is he a great football player? no doubt. if he ever became a redskin(which he probably won't) all the haters on this site would be running to buy his jersey.

I think you highly under-estimate ES posters and highly over-estimate Randy Moss as a player.

Wouldn't be creaming. He's better than Lloyd, but ultimatly he'd be our TO. Don't want that type ofguy. Actually I'd hate this idea. There are more productive/cheaper/hungrier/better teamate type players out there.

Oh, and I wouldn't buy his jersey. I only get true Redskins- Monk, D.Green, Riggins. These current players move around too much for me to waste my money on their jersey.

nope I'd still bash the idea. He used to be talented, but him and Culpepper needed each other. They truely had a symbiotic relationship on the field.

Archived