Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all the girls I've loved

Woofer

One of the tough things in life I've learned (and I'm by no means giving advice here), you have to find your own happiness before you can ever invite someone else into your life and expect it to work.

Tarhog is 100% right here.

Untill you are happy with yourself can you ever be able to make someone else happy. The key to being in a strong relationship with anyone is making sure you are ready to be in such a relationship, and this has to deal with making sure you are happy with your life and where you are at. If you are every feeling you are not where you need to be then getting in a relationship will only complicate things.

Woofer, I feel your pain. I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years over 2 years ago now; and I'm realizing that I STILL hurt over it.

Especially when she leaves you for selfish reasons, despite the fact that you were willing to drop everything for her.

So, you didn't break up with her. She left you. After reading the first line, I was thinking it was your fault so you have nobody to blame but yourself. Then, you say she left you. Makes sense now.

And to Woofer... in your original post, you say you have a wife. Then, why are you so down about women? You're with one. And if it's your wife that said, "I love you like a brother"...She might need some to help as well.

Tarhog is 100% right here.

Untill you are happy with yourself can you ever be able to make someone else happy. The key to being in a strong relationship with anyone is making sure you are ready to be in such a relationship, and this has to deal with making sure you are happy with your life and where you are at. If you are every feeling you are not where you need to be then getting in a relationship will only complicate things.

Seriously though, true love is the conjoining of two circles, NOT the fusion of two semi-circles.

So, you didn't break up with her. She left you. After reading the first line, I was thinking it was your fault so you have nobody to blame but yourself. Then, you say she left you. Makes sense now.

And to Woofer... in your original post, you say you have a wife. Then, why are you so down about women? You're with one. And if it's your wife that said, "I love you like a brother"...She might need some to help as well.

What would the board ever do without your pearls of wisdom. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, true love is the conjoining of two circles, NOT the fusion of two semi-circles.

I guess what I'd say is that there are a lot of people who never move beyond 'romantic love' in which attraction and constantly validating the other person's equal interest drives everything.

I'm not saying 'close yourself off to risk' or that minimizing the importance of loving and being loved by a woman is the idea. I'm saying that no one can make you happy if you aren't happy at your core to begin with. And during the rough stretches of my marriage (thankfully, there've only been a few in 17 years), ultimately, I've not looked at my wife and blamed her, I've tried to look at myself as the source of whatever unhappiness I was feeling. And most times, it really was something within me I just had to either get over, or work through. I don't buy into the myth that marriage (or any other lasting relationship) makes you 'one' - you're always two unique individuals who no matter how hard the effort will occasionally find their interests diverge. If you are solid within yourself, you can usually find your way back to the common ground and depth of feeling that brought you together. If not, well, good luck.

seriously there is no such thing as true love :)

you are right love is about 2 people but how can you give to another when you yourself are not happy or satasfied with yourself, how can you make another happy when you are not, you can't and don't try or that relationship won't last

Woofer, I feel your pain. I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years over 2 years ago now; and I'm realizing that I STILL hurt over it. Sometimes you just give yourself to someone so deeply that when it ends, you're just never whole again. I've heard it takes half the time you were with somebody to get over them...well its been longer than that for me. :( Especially when she leaves you for selfish reasons, despite the fact that you were willing to drop everything for her.

+

+

Don't get mad at me cuz you're still single 2 years after being kicked to the curb. :laugh:

=

:munchout:

Would the Thread Jack Posse kindly mind showing Woofer some respect here & take your antics to a less serious thread.

Thanks.

I don't mind the jocularity.

I have to thank all of you have have posted in this thread, I fully expected to receive a lot of crap...your kindnesses and advice has surprised me.

Thanks.

I love me some GnR

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her

Six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

I knew I miss her

So I had to keep her

She's buried right in my back yard

She ****ed so much

She drove me nuts

And now I'm happier this way

I had to put her

Six feet under

seriously there is no such thing as true love :)

Really. Jbooma, I honestly have to say that this one of the dumbest things that you have said in your 28 million posts. :doh:

I met my bride in High school. Got together shortly after graduation. Got married in 88. 19 years this year. three beautiful children and never been happier.

Woff. PM me if you are up for a beer. :cheers:

Don't get mad at me cuz you're still single 2 years after being kicked to the curb. :laugh:

Hey man, at least he doesn't have to bang his sister and other various female family members. I'd rather be single and jerking off for two years than creating spawn thats crosseyed and drooling by the beach in Wilmington. :thumbsup:

I'm not saying I don't need help, because I do. But it seems to me that the women of this world are the ones who need help. I'm funny, smart, can hold a conversation, I'll make you laugh and you will have a great time with me. Until I try to kiss you. You'll turn your cheek to me and then say, "Tom..."

Don't take this the wrong way... But different women keep giving YOU the same reaction and it's something wrong with THEM.. ALL of them?

At some point - You have to realize that if different women are all giving you the same reaction - It's something your doing.

So I remember lots of bad realtionships end (They were all bad, cause they all dumped me....LOL ) but funny thing - I always stayed in touch... quick email months later, xmas card. Over time - I've become friends with a probably 7 or 8 old GF dating all the way back to High school. Emotions do dissaper, and you even can ask "Hey - Remember when you told me that I was like a brother? What brought that on? WHen did you really decide we were done?" It really helped me see myself from their view.

Then again - Just calling the hooker was good advice as well.. Eaither / or.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't buy the "I only see you as a friend" comment women sometimes give. I have had girls that was friends with for a long time all of the sudden start liking me in a romatic way out of the blue.

Women give that excuse because something else is the real reason. That doesn't always mean there is something they don't like about you but that is usually the case. I believe women classify men very quickly into would date/won't date criteria. How you look, carry yourself, social skills, even how you smell effects how you get clasified.

Don't take this the wrong way... But different women keep giving YOU the same reaction and it's something wrong with THEM.. ALL of them?

At some point - You have to realize that if different women are all giving you the same reaction - It's something your doing.

So I remember lots of bad realtionships end (They were all bad, cause they all dumped me....LOL ) but funny thing - I always stayed in touch... quick email months later, xmas card. Over time - I've become friends with a probably 7 or 8 old GF dating all the way back to High school. Emotions do dissaper, and you even can ask "Hey - Remember when you told me that I was like a brother? What brought that on? WHen did you really decide we were done?" It really helped me see myself from their view.

Then again - Just calling the hooker was good advice as well.. Eaither / or.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well I guess that's the part I don't understand...What it is I do wrong. I asked a few times, and got non-answers. Whatever. I'm taking Tarhogs advice and not worrying about it anymore.

A little comic relief from one of the all time greats

http://www.answers.com/topic/sam-kinison

Breaking up with his girlfriend

Accompanying himself on the piano, Kinison, in his most earnest voice, told the story of a special girlfriend, their extremely close bond, and how her sudden lack of interest in the relationship coincided with the zero balance of his bank account. As the piano accompaniment built to a climax, he dedicated to her this song: "BIIIIIIITCH! YOU ****ING WHORE!!! You used me! You never loved me! I hope you slide under a gas truck and taste your own blood! DIE! DIE! DIE! I want my records back! I want my ****ing records back!" This bit closed his debut album, Louder Than Hell (which has yet to be reissued on CD), his first HBO special Breaking the Rules, and various other live performances and television appearances. You can watch it here; it's the second to last link--Saturday Night Live (the second one)

LOL....it sure is...if you want to spend life lonely and bitter. Some people still manage to find the right person and enjoy spending their lives together.

:notworthy That is right Raub! You an Mrs Raub are awesome together! I miss both of you already!

Well I guess that's the part I don't understand...What it is I do wrong. I asked a few times, and got non-answers. Whatever. I'm taking Tarhogs advice and not worrying about it anymore.

Sometimes it is not what you do Woofer. Sometimes two people are like putting together opposite sides of a magnet they just never come together! Listen to Tarhog, he gives great advice!

I am still learning it really is best to let it go, but obviously it isn't that easy. Tarhog's advice is great though, even when I've been with a girl, I was not happy at times, usually some other factor. As much as I would like a relationship right now, I do not mind waiting a bit. I hope to be in a different area attending law school next fall, and that is my number 1 priority for now. I want to attend and actually succeed in it. That to me will be more satisfying than anything else I ahve done in life thus far. It may also make me see things differently in terms of relationships, who knows?

Maybe you are SEARCHING for the same type of woman...without even realizing it.

You are FINDING the woman who will want to be friends.

Just a thought......not a diagnosis.

I have friends who I think are wonderful.....who can make me laugh.....and who I treasure.......and they will always be friends. They dont do anything wrong......it is just how I feel. I dont see them as anything else......but I would never want them out of my life.

I had to put her

Six feet under

I knew I miss her

So I had to keep her

She's buried right in my back yard

She ****ed so much

She drove me nuts

And now I'm happier this way

I had to put her

Six feet under

O.J., is that you?

Seriously, Woofer, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. I know exactly how you feel. So, many women look at me as a "friend" and nothing else. And I've also had my share of bad experiences from women thinking I was "gay" or "trying to be white." Maybe there is a reason for this that is just hard to see right now. I'd like to think that you're being prepared for something beautiful that will make all of this worth it.

You hang in there.

Archived