Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all the girls I've loved

Woofer

Really. Jbooma, I honestly have to say that this one of the dumbest things that you have said in your 28 million posts. :doh:

I met my bride in High school. Got together shortly after graduation. Got married in 88. 19 years this year. three beautiful children and never been happier.

Woff. PM me if you are up for a beer. :cheers:

Is it really true love, you do not think if you never met that you would not have found someone else??

That is my point. Yes you love your wife and have a great family etc... but doesn't mean it was meant to be, nothing in life is, what ever happens is because you made it happen.

I salute you because you were able to get married very young and still be together, that is very difficult especially how much people change from HS to after college.

I've been in love with many many girls over the years.

Many of you would say "Tis better to have loved and lost..." But that's not true.

I wish that I'd never met any of you.

"I don't think of you that way"

Probably my favorite line of all time. My wife, god bless her, has never said that to me, but she sure acts that way. Ha Ha. Good for her, why did she marry me? Desperation, I suppose. I married her because...god I don't know why. oh well, ce la vie.

I worshiped the ground you walked on,

But you didn't think of me that way.

I would have been the best lover you ever had,

but you didn't think of me that way.

You could have been my best friend, my partner, my love,

I can see the life we could have had together,

Growing old together, hand in hand, arm in arm,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go ahead, guys, take your best shot. Nothing anyone can say, including MSF, can be worse than the hurt I already feel.

Holy Crap. It's like looking at a mirror. Seeing a reflection of the exact same position I'm in right now. My wife told me she loves me like a brother.

The most I can say to you is try to take it day by day. Everything hurts. Nothing is what you want to do. This is something I can say from experience over the past 4 weeks, talking to a counselor DOES help. Give it a try. Sometimes health insurance will cover a portion of it.

I've been following this thread since it started. I've resisted posting because I not very comfortable commenting on such a sensitive subject, knowing the comments are going to be read by a hundred people or more, and that many of these people are not necessarily completely anonymous. Nevertheless, I'll throw in my two cents.

I've been in love with many many girls over the years.

Many of you would say "Tis better to have loved and lost..." But that's not true.

To complete the phrase: "Tis better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." I am pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but my position is, it's a true statement. Although the pain of having loved and lost is very severe, the euphoria of the "love" (and I think we're talking about the initial romantic love here) is strong enough to justify the pain. In my mind, the pain, which may very well come, is the penalty or the payment for the euphoria you experienced. If you're really really lucky, you'll never have to feel that pain. But if you do, consider it a necessary evil.

The alternative, to have never loved at all, is completely out of the question in my mind. Because what you are saying is, you would rather not love than risk being hurt. To me, it's worth the risk. It's life.

I wish that I'd never met any of you.

"I don't think of you that way"

I'm not clear on this. The quote as written implies the affection was never reciprocated. And if that's true, then how deep could you have fallen? It's hard to fall real hard if there's no reciprocation.

If you meant "I don't think of you that way... anymore", and this has happened repeatedly with you on the receiving end of this statement, my guess is you are following your instincts, which is exactly the wrong thing to do, IMO. You have to kind of keep a reasonable distance and allow the relationship to mature and blossom on its own. If you come on too strong too early, the target of your affection will almost certainly lose interest.

I liked Tarhog's comments. But probably the best comment is this one:

Woofer,

You are being affected deeply......and there is no one on this board that is qualified to help you......over the internet.

Some of us have just grown to realize that the woman of our dreams doesn't exist. We've accepted that there is no "soul mate" out there for us to find, and we don't waste our time looking.

As I've grown older... I've become less attached to the concept of a "soul-mate". There are people who make good partners.

With that being said... you make it really difficult for anybody to want to be your partner.

Being horribly physically disfigured is one thing.. but most people don't find a terribly negative, hateful and uncompromising attitude towards the world as attractive.

And the worst part... is that latter is self-imposed. So I lack any sympathy.

But hey, at least your bedroom is filled with guns and you can sleep better at night. Living in fear.

I don't buy the "I only see you as a friend" comment women sometimes give. I have had girls that was friends with for a long time all of the sudden start liking me in a romatic way out of the blue.

Women give that excuse because something else is the real reason. That doesn't always mean there is something they don't like about you but that is usually the case. I believe women classify men very quickly into would date/won't date criteria. How you look, carry yourself, social skills, even how you smell effects how you get clasified.

You're just now figuring this one out, Johnny?? :laugh: Women are stupid, and most of the time don't know what they have until its gone. The "we're just friends" bullcrap is just a facade for reason X. :(

Some of us have just grown to realize that the woman of our dreams doesn't exist. We've accepted that there is no "soul mate" out there for us to find, and we don't waste our time looking.

There is overwhelming evidence that two people can live happily together ever after. Soulmates? I think they exist. I know couples that mesh together so perfectly it really is almost like they were made for eachother. :2cents:

Is it really true love, you do not think if you never met that you would not have found someone else??

That is my point. Yes you love your wife and have a great family etc... but doesn't mean it was meant to be, nothing in life is, what ever happens is because you made it happen.

I salute you because you were able to get married very young and still be together, that is very difficult especially how much people change from HS to after college.

I appreciate the compliment, and I do see your point. I also believe that you have to work at a relationship. Give and take. It's not like lightning strikes and you're perfect for each other.

As I've grown older... I've become less attached to the concept of a "soul-mate". There are people who make good partners.

Unfortunately I'm not as yielding and accepting as you obviously are. I know what I'm looking for, and I'm not willing to take something that isn't pretty much exactly that.

With that being said... you make it really difficult for anybody to want to be your partner.

Being horribly physically disfigured is one thing.. but most people don't find a terribly negative, hateful and uncompromising attitude towards the world as attractive.

I've made it very clear to the women I've dated what my expectations, personality, and attitudes are. If they choose not to wish to deal with that, fine. Yes, I am an uncompromising SOB, but it's not like I'm hiding anything about who and what I am from these women.

And the worst part... is that latter is self-imposed. So I lack any sympathy.

Not looking for any sympathy, Die Hard. I was simply making a statement of fact. Pure and simple.

But hey, at least your bedroom is filled with guns and you can sleep better at night. Living in fear.

Not fear, Die Hard, preparation. Oh, and I can guarantee you that every time I pull the trigger on one of those firearms, it's going to go "BANG". I've never found a woman that I could say the same about.

Not fear, Die Hard, preparation. Oh, and I can guarantee you that every time I pull the trigger on one of those firearms, it's going to go "BANG". I've never found a woman that I could say the same about.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

THIS is probably the funniest line I have ever read on this site.

After reading

I've made it very clear to the women I've dated what my expectations, personality, and attitudes are. If they choose not to wish to deal with that, fine. Yes, I am an uncompromising SOB, but it's not like I'm hiding anything about who and what I am from these women.
I can almost assure you that there won't be many women to *bang*

:laugh: :laugh:

I think you found a weapon you don't know how to use. Or maybe you're pulling the wrong trigger? Every women trigger I've pulled has gone BANG BANG!! ;)

:laugh: i think blondie was referring to that also.

its obvious that MSF has this attitude to protect himself.

That wasn't quite what I had intended it to be taken as, but I obviously left it way too open ended and used a very poor choice of words. My bad. I'm definitely no Don Juan in the bedroom, but I haven't had too many complaints from the ladies over the years.

I was more refering to the fact that the firearms do what they're supposed to do every time they're used... whereas the women I've been in relationships with over the course of my life haven't had that level of reliability at all.

I was more refering to the fact that the firearms do what they're supposed to do every time they're used... whereas the women I've been in relationships with over the course of my life haven't had that level of reliability at all.

Perhaps because women are human beings and not machines? :whoknows:

Mass, I think you want a maid, not a partner.

Perhaps because women are human beings and not machines? :whoknows:

Mass, I think you want a maid, not a partner.

Personally, I think he protests too much about being all hard and cold.

Easier to say that and when rejected say....See there. I told you so.

Much harder to be open and allow people to come into your life....and learn from them....not only about other people but about yourself.

I have been hurt......badly. Very few haven't.

i think he wants the chick from terminator 3. check it out...she has a gun! who says soul mates don't exist! :cool:

No. I hear things like that quite often, but in truth I'm not necessarily looking for a lady who is interested in, or competent with, firearms. I wouldn't turn one down for that reason, but it's not on my list of things I look for in a woman.

Archived