Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel Kiper's new Big Board

lavar1156

Not necessarily, there are numerous examples in baseball of players from Latin America claiming to be younger than they really are....and of course the most publicized example of Danny Amonte a few years ago. Players from outside of the US always have to be looked at a little suspiciously due to some other country's lack of adequate birth records. That said, I've heard nothing that indicates anyone thinks he is older than 19, but its not a dumb comment or concern given precedent and history.

OK, I'll plead ignorance on that one since I'm part of the 90% of Americans that doesn't know MLB exists and hence had never heard of this. My apologies to Joe Sick.

Not necessarily, there are numerous examples in baseball of players from Latin America claiming to be younger than they really are....and of course the most publicized example of Danny Amonte a few years ago. Players from outside of the US always have to be looked at a little suspiciously due to some other country's lack of adequate birth records. That said, I've heard nothing that indicates anyone thinks he is older than 19, but its not a dumb comment or concern given precedent and history.

No wonder you make such great points in an articulate fashion, you go to JMU. How's Harrisonburg these days? Haha but I think that a player's foreign background is a valid concern due to the points SkinsDukes makes. I would be more comfortable drafting Branch or Anderson. Anderson seems like a great Julius Peppers type of d-end. very athletic and fast, can get to the ballcarrier,quarterback, or the ball itself. Then again Branch is a titantic specimen in the middle to anchor a top-5 defense. He too seemingly can do it all, stop the run, but still gets sacks and deflected passes. Both are great prospects to build from. They both have a team-first attitude and seem to be humble and mature(although I hear Branch is still a kid ay heart).All in all, this is a great draft for our most glaring needs.

Anderson seems like the guy. Followed by Branch. Adams would be a reach at 6, especially with his bust potential and inability to stop the run. If we can't get the first two, we need to do our best to trade down.

Could Anderson or Branch be available at 9 or 10?

I'm starting to think we wont trade back:whoknows:

What teams are a threat to take Anderson before 6?

Oakland and Detroit are almost certain to take QBs. Cleveland needs a RB. Arizona - O line.

Tampa?

Still, I'd be more inclined to draft a DT instead on an End, simply because I see more options at End in FA. I'm hoping Justin Smith will be wearing B'nG next year - he'll be a perfect fit in Williams D, and a GREAT compliment to Carter. Not to mention there seem to be plenty of great options at Tackle in the draft, even if we were to trade down some to recoup some picks.

:logo:

Jamaal Anderson NEEDS to wear burgundy and gold. Please, no more DBs, we can get the best out of our current DBs is we get a good pass rush.

In all honesty, if Anderson isn't there, either we get branch, trade down a spot or two, and get adams, or trade down a bit and get Patrick Willis.

But Anderson is our man.

great info....it goes to show you all these people who said we wouldn't get Gaines Adams at #6 were mistaken. He will continue to fall as more underclassmen declare. The draft combine could change a few things too.

In the end I bet the skins could trade down to 12-13 and still get Adams. According to the draft value chart, if the skins move from 6 to 12-13 they would also get a mid 2nd round pick. I hope they do it.

not sure about Adams....he didn't look that stellar during Clemson's bowl game. He seems to have all the makings of an "ok" NFL player who will never dominate.

I don't think Amobie Okoye is 19 years old...

In Europe, there is a big problem with africans soccer players.

Like Obafemi Martins (he said he has 22 years old but he has 30) and others... George Weah etc etc.

This is very usual.

That may be the case, but Okoye has been in the states since he was 12. He tested at the 9th grade level so that where he was placed in school. This is why he was so young when he entered college. I'm not saying that he couldn't have faked his age but since he has been in the states for 7 years, I think someone would have busted him by now.

You always take the best player available period. Now it helps if there are options at positions of weakness.

That said, it seems like DE and DT will be available for us to choose from, take whatever player is the best. Don't assume it will be eaiser to fill DE in FA than tackle....b/c who knows what we'll be able to actual get to come here...and if you get a young stud...he's around for much longer.

Best player available.

OK, I'll plead ignorance on that one since I'm part of the 90% of Americans that doesn't know MLB exists and hence had never heard of this. My apologies to Joe Sick.

You wanna talk about a stupid comment? How about the one you just made, 90% of Americans don't know MLB exists?

Check out their salaries, owners aren't going in the red to pay them.

Any sport that can pay middle relievers $3 million year, which is probably the equal to a 3rd down back in the NFL, is probably known to more than 10% of America.

not sure about Adams....he didn't look that stellar during Clemson's bowl game. He seems to have all the makings of an "ok" NFL player who will never dominate.

I've been worried about Gaines sense I heard some story about him on ESPN talking about how he didn't even want to play high school football and he basically had to be convinced to do it.

Not sure if he fell in love with football or is just playing now to get a pay check.

He could be a guy that gets drafted, gets his signing bonus and then just puts it on chill mode until his career is over.

Dumbest..........comment............ever!!!
I second that.
Therefore, it is a dumb and ignorant statement. Ignorant of any factual ividence to support its claim.
You always take the best player available period. Now it helps if there are options at positions of weakness.

That said, it seems like DE and DT will be available for us to choose from, take whatever player is the best. Don't assume it will be eaiser to fill DE in FA than tackle....b/c who knows what we'll be able to actual get to come here...and if you get a young stud...he's around for much longer.

Best player available.

:applause: I have always believed that theory also. But we have been so damn needy for so damn long now that if C.Johnson and A.Branch/J.Anderson were left on the board, how could we pick what most everyone is saying is the best player (C.Johnson?)

]']Jamaal Anderson NEEDS to wear burgundy and gold. Please' date=' no more DBs, we can get the best out of our current DBs is we get a good pass rush.

In all honesty, if Anderson isn't there, either we get branch, trade down a spot or two, and get adams, or trade down a bit and get Patrick Willis.

But Anderson is our man.[/quote']

I like your assessment, except I don't think we should draft Adams at all. I don't think he is a good DE for our system. Anderson seems like a great fit, but it seems he needs to mature more physically. Branch is needed in the middle, and I think Willis will be a Trotter type linebacker in the NFL (w/ philly not w/ us). I think it's simply about strategy and how we can get the most out of the rest of the draft because I feel all of these picks would be excellent for our defense except Adams.

Gaines Adams = Courtney Brown

Calvin Johnson = Mike Williams

Branch or Anderson or BUST!

Wow, I hope you don't really think Johnson = Williams. Branch was getting eaten alive in the USC game and how long have you even known about Anderson, no one has been saying anything about him but now that he is on Mel Kiper's board everyone wants him.

I say he we look at EVERY player and wait for Free Agency before we start thinking about using the 6th pick. PLEASE TRADE DOWN!

Archived