Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel Kiper's new Big Board

lavar1156

You guys sure Jamaal Anderson ain't another Justin Smith? I know Smith is a good NFL player and I want us to sign him but was he worth a top 5 pick?

All indications point to yes and the way most of us see it.

He or Branch cant be worse than what we have right now starting for us and will be cheaper for us as well

Wow, I hope you don't really think Johnson = Williams. Branch was getting eaten alive in the USC game and how long have you even known about Anderson, no one has been saying anything about him but now that he is on Mel Kiper's board everyone wants him.

I say he we look at EVERY player and wait for Free Agency before we start thinking about using the 6th pick. PLEASE TRADE DOWN!

Calvin Johnson wearing a walking cast is stil better than Mike Williams but we dont have a need for him when our pressing needs are on defensive line and have been for a long time.

We need to get younger stronger on the defensive line. weshould draft for a defensive line that can wreck havoc as we see with a healthy Bears front four.

Lets leave the flashy offensive players alone for a year and retool the defense.

I have known about Anderson since the College season

He just recently decided to join the prospective NFL pool. Branch had already declared.

And I do believe that CJ = Mike Williams til he proves me otherwise wrong in the NFL.

We need Defensive linemen

You wanna talk about a stupid comment? How about the one you just made, 90% of Americans don't know MLB exists?

Check out their salaries, owners aren't going in the red to pay them.

Any sport that can pay middle relievers $3 million year, which is probably the equal to a 3rd down back in the NFL, is probably known to more than 10% of America.

Certainly I was exaggerating a bit to make a point. However, MLB is on the wane.. No, I'm not saying it's going away but it's just not the country's game anymore. That would be football.

I second that.

Therefore, it is a dumb and ignorant statement. Ignorant of any factual ividence to support its claim.

:applause: I have always believed that theory also. But we have been so damn needy for so damn long now that if C.Johnson and A.Branch/J.Anderson were left on the board, how could we pick what most everyone is saying is the best player (C.Johnson?)

Not worth arguing over on a message board, but you emphasized the wrong part of the quote...That said, I've heard nothing that indicates anyone thinks he is older than 19, but its not a dumb comment or concern given precedent and history.

Players in other sports in the past have fudged their ages to improve their perceived potential, this has especially occurred in players born outside the US. Since the Louisville player could potential fit both these categories to state it is a "dumb" hypothesis is in itself dumb (and ignorant of past sport's history). No one is categorically saying he is "lying" about his age, but I'd sure want to investigate it if I were a NFL team. I don't recall many 15-16 year olds that were ready to play DIA football at that age, thus one should be somewhat skeptical until you see accurate records. Once everything shakes out at the combine and the league agrees that he is only 19 then I'll take their word for it, until then I'd say there is at least precedent to say he could be older than stated. That was the point of the post, to say its not "the dumbest statement ever" to consider that a guy that supposedly was playing high level football at 15 could be fibbing about his age by a year or two.

Wow, I hope you don't really think Johnson = Williams. Branch was getting eaten alive in the USC game and how long have you even known about Anderson, no one has been saying anything about him but now that he is on Mel Kiper's board everyone wants him.

I say he we look at EVERY player and wait for Free Agency before we start thinking about using the 6th pick. PLEASE TRADE DOWN!

Im a SEC guy, so I've known about Anderson, and so have most of the people that watch that conference. He wasnt talked about because no one expected him to declare early and the SEC tends to not get the hype the Big 10 and the PAC 10 does. Robert Meachem also just declared for the NFL, was named a concensus All-American and is picked by Kiper as the #12 guy in the draft. And I bet only UT guys here know who I'm talking about.

I concure with the opinion that by trading down to 12-13 we could pick up a high 2nd pick and get 2 of these great defensive players . Hopefully Anderson , Branch and good MLB or DB without having to go to the high payed no playing FA's like most of the ones we've aquired over the years , George , Sanders , Brunell , Hall , Trotter , Patten . I know that there is a lot of talent on our pratice squad too that's why I think if we address DE/DT , MLB and CB with our higher picks than we can probably field a really good team in O7 with maybe one really choice FA signing . We do have to resign both Cooley and Dockkery however and Suisham will simply have to go thru the motions of competing for his job in training camp . Hall should go man !

Coz

I want Reggie Nelson!

Is he just a sophmore?

Since I have been attending Gator games since Spurrier was the Heisman winning QB at UF (I was five years old though) and love the Gators as much as the Skins (although I talk about the Skins WAY more than the Gators .. except for THIS week! :silly: ) I would LOVE to see Reggie become a Skin! Unfortunately (for the Gators) he announced he IS jumping to the NFL this year.

I hate to see him leave UF THIS early, but would LOVE to see him as a Skin!! I know we need D-line more, but Reggie is possibly the best cover man to enter the draft in a LONG time! He is certainly THE best cover man in college ball right now. He is also a burner on kick returns.

I'll be happy with whoever we pick with our first pick so long as it is on defense and we do not trade up for it! I would be happy to trade down. I remember a few years ago many folks on here stated that if we did not get Arrington with our 2nd overall pick the draft would be a complete bust. Well we got him, and Urlacher who most experts had as a good LB but much inferior went to Chicago with the 11th pick. Who would you rather have now?

The truth is the draft is a crapshoot. Hopefully we just make the best of what few picks we have this year.

:logo:

I don't think Amobie Okoye is 19 years old...

In Europe, there is a big problem with africans soccer players.

Like Obafemi Martins (he said he has 22 years old but he has 30) and others... George Weah etc etc.

This is very usual.

Actually that was a mistake. Nigerian FA made incorrectly stated on their site that he was 28 years old. They have since apologized. However there is still some speculation that he is indeed older than he says. Not trying to disprove your overall point just trying to clear up the controversy surrounding his age.

provided we still have the 6th pick and that calvin johnson falls to us, do we pick him? i know that D is a more pressing need, and im not trying to compare calvin johnson and reggie bush, but it would be one of those situations where we have to look long and hard at drafting the best available player. if you look at the saints, they're D wasnt that good, and they already had Deuce Mcallister, and yet they took bush because he was the best player available, so do we go that route? and WRs do not usually produce right off the bat, but i think Johnson can make an impact. so for me its a toss up, depending on what our situation is draft day. :2cents:

provided we still have the 6th pick and that calvin johnson falls to us, do we pick him? i know that D is a more pressing need, and im not trying to compare calvin johnson and reggie bush, but it would be one of those situations where we have to look long and hard at drafting the best available player. if you look at the saints, they're D wasnt that good, and they already had Deuce Mcallister, and yet they took bush because he was the best player available, so do we go that route? and WRs do not usually produce right off the bat, but i think Johnson can make an impact. so for me its a toss up, depending on what our situation is draft day. :2cents:

While it would be amazing to have a receiver like CJ on our team, since we have depth at receiver, he'd be worth more to someone else than us. If he drops to us, then I think we definately have to trade down with a team like the Patriots or somebody who needs that stud WR to compliment their offense. That way, we can still pick up Patrick Willis (or Anderson/Branch if they fall, I'll cross my fingers) and another good player in the 2nd round. Hell, if we trade with the Patriots, we may even be able to snag both their 1st rounders, depending on how much they want CJ.

I've been worried about Gaines sense I heard some story about him on ESPN talking about how he didn't even want to play high school football and he basically had to be convinced to do it.

Not sure if he fell in love with football or is just playing now to get a pay check.

He could be a guy that gets drafted, gets his signing bonus and then just puts it on chill mode until his career is over.

I am skeptical of him as well. Last year when we were talking about DEs I brought up drafting Darryl Tapp (6-1 265) in the 2nd round and there were people who were concerned with his size. Adams is (6-5 260) and some are saying that he is a DE / OLB 'tweener.

I don't think there can be any questions regarding the pick we make that high overall so I would not go in that direction.

Ideally, we find a trading partner and trade down about 5-10 spots and nab

DE Charles Johnson from Georgia. His bowl game performance was very impressive.

I am skeptical of him as well. Last year when we were talking about DEs I brought up drafting Darryl Tapp (6-1 265) in the 2nd round and there were people who were concerned with his size. Adams is (6-5 260) and some are saying that he is a DE / OLB 'tweener.

I don't think there can be any questions regarding the pick we make that high overall so I would not go in that direction.

Ideally, we find a trading partner and trade down about 5-10 spots and nab

DE Charles Johnson from Georgia. His bowl game performance was very impressive.

I agree that Johnson looked good but I still think Jamaal Anderson is the best way to go for us. I think he will probably end up being either the 1st or 2nd DE drafted and at 6'6 280 is a pure 4'3 DE. He is a great pass rusher and great against the run. He led the SEC in sacks and was 2nd in tackles for loss.

I agree that Johnson looked good but I still think Jamaal Anderson is the best way to go for us. I think he will probably end up being either the 1st or 2nd DE drafted and at 6'6 280 is a pure 4'3 DE. He is a great pass rusher and great against the run. He led the SEC in sacks and was 2nd in tackles for loss.

I guess my point was that if it were possible, I would rather trade down and get a couple of contributors on defense such as DE Victor Abiamiri or Charles Johnson and a MLB or CB in the 2nd round.

I think Anderson could potentially go as high as #4 overall to Tampa Bay.

Archived