Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jansen torn calf...Williams & Saunders to return

ybnorml

Wade is bigger than Jansen, hopefully he can hold down that side of the line....

Just want to add...as a Tackle, you have to be very mobile, your agility is needed more than any other position on the O-line, he went up against tough D ends including Peppers. Jansen's toughness and skill is very under rated, not to mention he is one of the great character vets this team needs.

We will see a drastic improvement at RT this week if it holds true that Wade is the starter. Wade is a 7 year veteran that was only released last year by the Texans after he tore his ACL/MCL in week 8. He started all 4 years with the Dolphins (received pro bowl votes) out of college. Signed a $30M/6 year deal with the Texans after Miami, $10M for the signing bonus. Highest paid right tackle in the NFL at the time. Was in his 2nd year of his contract when he got hurt against he Colts. New coaching staff with Texans released him (same staff that didn't draft Bush) after the injury. The Redskin trainers say that he is back better than ever and the layoff has gotten him stronger/quicker. Common knowledge amongst the team that Gibbs played Jansen out of loyalty & that Wade is much bigger, faster, quicker, etc. You can't blame Gibbs for feeling loyal to Jansen but it is time to pass the baton (sp). You will see tremendous improvement on the right side which will allow the offense to not have to keep a TE on the right side in pass protection. look for Wade to be the starting RT for the next few years.

Welcome aboard Wade....it is about time! i've been waiting for him to get his "nod" and it looks like N.O. will finally be it. However, i do appreciate all the years that Jansen has given us, but you guys will be amazed at how much better we will be on the OL.

We will see a drastic improvement at RT this week if it holds true that Wade is the starter. Wade is a 7 year veteran that was only released last year by the Texans after he tore his ACL/MCL in week 8. He started all 4 years with the Dolphins (received pro bowl votes) out of college. Signed a $30M/6 year deal with the Texans after Miami, $10M for the signing bonus. Highest paid right tackle in the NFL at the time. Was in his 2nd year of his contract when he got hurt against he Colts. New coaching staff with Texans released him (same staff that didn't draft Bush) after the injury. The Redskin trainers say that he is back better than ever and the layoff has gotten him stronger/quicker. Common knowledge amongst the team that Gibbs played Jansen out of loyalty & that Wade is much bigger, faster, quicker, etc. You can't blame Gibbs for feeling loyal to Jansen but it is time to pass the baton (sp). You will see tremendous improvement on the right side which will allow the offense to not have to keep a TE on the right side in pass protection. look for Wade to be the starting RT for the next few years.

Welcome aboard Wade....it is about time! i've been waiting for him to get his "nod" and it looks like N.O. will finally be it. However, i do appreciate all the years that Jansen has given us, but you guys will be amazed at how much better we will be on the OL.

I hope this is true!

Even if just bits and pieces are true, maybe we have a quality depth guy on our OL!

You aren't biased because you're both from Mississippi, are you?

I'll always be biased towards Mississippi players, but everything I posted is factual. I've kept up with all of the former Ole Miss players that were on the 98 team that are in the NFL: Derrick Burgess, Ken Lucas, Deuce McAllister, keydrick Vincent, Tutan Reyes, Terrence Metcalf, Todd Wade, kendrick Clancy, etc.

However, Wade is a good one with excellent feet and athletic ability. He's not just a big body (6-8 317lbs) that's only strength is run blocking. He was having an excellent career until the injury last season but is back 100% according to the trainers. We got a steal during the offseason with him b/c teams were "iffy" b/c of the injury. Several teams were looking at him in offseason wanting to sign him as a starter, but he wasn't able to practice with contact until the week of the first game. We picked him up at a bargain price on a 1-year contract and will more than likely resign him long term once season is over. this is just my opinion but word is that they (coaches) are very high on him.

we shall see.

pshh jansen sucks when hes "healthy" which isn't that often. We need to can him in the offseason.

And who would you suggest we put at right tackle? Forget free agents because teams don't let good offensive linemen go. Forget the draft because rookie offensive linemen rarely start and if they do, they usually get their butt's whipped. So that leaves those on the current roster. You should get a look at them these next three weeks and I'm betting it won't be pretty.

you have no clue Jansen is one of our best linemen and hes tough definately a team player

Injuries or not for the past 3 yrs he has been either injured, not playing well or both...He is not getting any younger...They will probably give him one more yr to see if he can get healthy and start playing well because this yr was a disgrace (i know he was hurting but by playing he didn't help the team). I know everybody loves him but if he cant get healthy and start playing well then he is hurting the Redskins and I am a redskins fan over jansen.

Archived