Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jansen torn calf...Williams & Saunders to return

ybnorml

And who would you suggest we put at right tackle? Forget free agents because teams don't let good offensive linemen go. Forget the draft because rookie offensive linemen rarely start and if they do, they usually get their butt's whipped. So that leaves those on the current roster. You should get a look at them these next three weeks and I'm betting it won't be pretty.

Obviously it doesn't look like there is anybody on the current roster that can play at a high level but yes the redskins might have to consider replacing him with a draft pick (you know Jansen was a 2nd rounder who started..despite how the redskins operate u can improve the team through the draft. The one position that rookies usually start right away are on the OL). You are so quick to dismiss the fact that a draft pick can help i'm beginning to think u might be Vinny Cerrato. U would fit right into front office at redskins park.

I will bet that you guys will be very impressed with what you see out of #74 come Sunday. Do some research on Todd Wade, was released by the Texans last year after injury & new coach (new system). Had only missed 1 game in 6 years prior to ACL/MCL injury last year. We got a bargain in the offseason b/c teams weren't sure about his injury. Look for him to sign a large deal after this season, either with us or someone else. Minnesota, Arizona, and N.O. were after him hard in the offseason but he couldn't have contact (b/c of knee) until week 1 and they weren't willing to risk it b/c they needed a starter. we picked him up on backup's salary which he won't be from here on out (rest of career).

A rookie OL starts on a team that is going to go .500 or below.

I could see Rookie D-Linemen stepping right in, but learning blocking schemes takes more than a season

You should take a look at the pats and then come back to me

I will bet that you guys will be very impressed with what you see out of #74 come Sunday. Do some research on Todd Wade, was released by the Texans last year after injury & new coach (new system). Had only missed 1 game in 6 years prior to ACL/MCL injury last year. We got a bargain in the offseason b/c teams weren't sure about his injury. Look for him to sign a large deal after this season, either with us or someone else. Minnesota, Arizona, and N.O. were after him hard in the offseason but he couldn't have contact (b/c of knee) until week 1 and they weren't willing to risk it b/c they needed a starter. we picked him up on backup's salary which he won't be from here on out (rest of career).
I really hope so man, you actually got me pretty excited from what I am hearing. I have been excited about alot of players and they have all let me down and I feel thats just kind of the year it has been. But I am really going to watch this guy and see how he does. Is it confirmed he is starting. Thanks for the good information.

Williams is guaranteed to be back, even after it looks like we may have the worst defense in NFL history this year?

Check this out:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/12/AR2006121201541.html

I really don't like this decision by Gibbs and Snyder to keep Williams around. I've been saying it for the last three years.. " Williams blitz happy defense will continue to get exposed". It's been a steady decline in defense for the Skins, and we wont be dominant with Williams leading it.

This is who we need as our defensive coordinator..

http://www.jaguars.com/Team/Bio/2407.asp

Archived