Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Americans To Be Tortured For Refusing To Show ID?

MonkeySkin

I am not sure that the cops on the scene would agree with your iteration of the "facts"..

Clearly, if they were doing something illegal you will be hearing about it in another six months after they are charged and convicted of battery. If not, then that means under the law they complied with their procedures.

:doh:

There's an article. There are witness accounts. There's even a video that you said you watched.

WTF?

My facts were straight-up facts, nothing else.

"The question is did any of it warrant the use of a taser. The answer is no"

I love it when some claim to be experts on the law, experts on everything that happened in the world. As if YOU were there :laugh:

So not only are you the prosecuting district attorney, you are also the judge and the jury. what happened to the POLICE right to a fair trial first before you convict them?

oh yeah, federal rules of procedure only apply to criminals and not the police.

I rarely post in the Tailgate, let alone in the political threads, but somehow I'm being attacked for supposedly being a "liberal".

I know and for suggesting that cops use common sense I'm now supposedly a Tree-Hugger:whoknows: Not sure I make that connection. But, then I guess its easier to lump everyone one who holds a different opinion on various subjects into the same pile, after all it makes us much easier to deal with.:doh:

I love it when some claim to be experts on the law, experts on everything that happened in the world. As if YOU were there :laugh:

So not only are you the prosecuting district attorney, you are also the judge and the jury. what happened to the POLICE right to a fair trial first before you convict them?

LOL!!!!

P - K - B !!!!

So was he charged with trespassing?

No.

Then it's not a crime.

If you really believe that, then you are a moron. I'm guessing you are just being confrontational.

If I go to your parents house and kill them. Then dispose of the bodies so no one finds them. And I don't leave any usable evidence that leads the police to me. Did I commit a crime?

And for the record. I watched the video with a co-worker and we both stated: "just drag that guy out of there". The police did not use good judgment, imo.

You've already said that the kid deserved what he got and you're basing that of the exact same information, so what's the difference between what you are saying about the kid and what he's saying about the cops? Nada!

If you really believe that, then you are a moron. I'm guessing you are just being confrontational.

If I go to your parents house and kill them. Then dispose of the bodies so no one finds them. And I don't leave any usable evidence that leads the police to me. Did I commit a crime?

Yes because if they find you they will press charges against you. Did they press trespassing charges on the kid? No. Did they intend to press trespassing charges on him? No.

And for the record. I watched the video with a co-worker and we both stated: "just drag that guy out of there". The police did not use good judgment, imo.

Exactly! It would have been over in 30 seconds and the kid would have been outside sitting in a squad car, thinking over his actions. Now, he's probably got an attorney who is going to go after each of the cops badges plus sue the department for millions. Better decisions should have been made.

Why is it that liberals always take the side in arguments AGAINST law enforcement and the military?

Because, as Americans, some of our first history taught has been standing up to authority. Whether it is a different Church or religious leader, or a king in a different land, that has been part of our history. A lot of us were taught that from a young age. And it is a streak that is still strong in some of us. If you don't understand that, then maybe you aren't as "American" as you think.

After all, isn't that why we have stood up against dictators, despots, and fascists?

If we act begin to act as authoratative as any tinpot dictator, then maybe we have lost some of this streak.

Exactly! It would have been over in 30 seconds and the kid would have been outside sitting in a squad car, thinking over his actions. Now, he's probably got an attorney who is going to go after each of the cops badges plus sue the department for millions. Better decisions should have been made.

From talking to people in law enforcement and security it is actually more acceptable from a legal standpoint to use the tazers than physical force to gain control of a suspect.

One of the weird results of brutality charges I suppose :laugh:

I think they were a bit excessive ,but you do not give anyone in a position of authority a excuse to exert that authority...If you obey and they still get out of line THEN you sue their asses. :D

On FOX, Trading Spaces is on.

There's a Virginia guy who's a medieval reenactor! Is that you Mass? Is Mass just a front? :)

No that's not me. There are about 35,000 members of the group I am involved in throughout North America, Western Europe, and parts of the Pacific.

There are also numerous other medieval recreation and reenactment groups out there. If I had seen the show I might have been able to give you a guess as to whether or not this gentleman was a SCAdian, but without some more details I really can't tell you anything more.

Belive me, I wish I lived down in the Mid-Atlantic to SouthEastern US. The Northeast/New England is simply where the fates dumped my ass when I was born. I HATE winter, the liberal politics, and a handfull of other things up here. I will be hard-pressed to get myself back on the plane in a couple weeks when I return to Massachusetts from my Florida vacation.

"And the number is 6 hundred and 3 score 6...Those who refuse the number will not be able to buy,sell or trade without the mark of the beast"

Translation=If you do not have 666 written on your forehead and/or right hand (possible implantation)to prove you are a servent of Satan,then your ass will get tasered and brought to your quarters for execution...(beheading as written in the bible)

Na...everything's alright people....move along now...Nothing to see here....!

what is the big problem with IDing yourself?

nothing is wrong with that

but when their are 600 students in the library and the cops come to you "a muslim looking kid" would't you be upset?

its not like they were checking everyones id's they only checked a random muslim student?

The biggest issue aside from tazing the kid when he was already cuffed for the cops is going to be that they made repeated threats to taze other students that simply asked for their name and badge number. At the end of the video one of the students asks one of the cops for his name and badge number when the incident is already over and the cop responds by asking him if he wants to get tazed too. Several of the students said that they had the same threat made against them.

In California, a police officer is not permitted to make physical threats when asked for name and badge number. All of the cops involved will be fired after an investigation if I had to make a prediction. UCLA puts students first and there will be a response against his type of crap. The only question will be if they get criminally prosecuted, which they should.

The biggest issue aside from tazing the kid when he was already cuffed for the cops is going to be that they made repeated threats to taze other students that simply asked for their name and badge number. At the end of the video one of the students asks one of the cops for his name and badge number when the incident is already over and the cop responds by asking him if he wants to get tazed too. Several of the students said that they had the same threat made against them.

It is a disgusting abuse of power.

"back of the line or your going to get tazed too"

Sickening. I have alot of respect for cops, I know they go through alot but this clearly shows them abusing their power. I hope these guys get fired on the spot! Man this stuff pisses me off. I seriously hope some of you dont think the cops were justified in their actions here (aheem...sarge).

This interesting, I hadn't read that he was first asked for id by students workers THEN security called

http://michellemalkin.com/

reader Andrew K. writes in:

I have been a long-time fan of your blog and am presently a freshman at UCLA. Clearly, the recent use of a Tazer by UCPD officers to subdue a student refusing to leave the library has caused quite a stir, and I thought I might provide you with a bit more information on the incident, as well as the zeitgeist of the campus.

First and foremost, I wish to clarify that, regardless of what some might attempt to claim, it is absurd to believe that Mr. Tabatabainejad was targeted based on his race or ethnicity. Random ID card checks are standard procedure in Powell Library after 11 PM, to ensure the safety of students. Furthermore, these checks were performed by Community Service Officers (CSOs), not UCPD officers. CSOs are UCLA students hired by UCPD to aide in security and service activities, and to support UCPD. Thus, Mr. Tabatabainejad was the subject of a very ordinary, very standard ID card check by his own, fellow students. He failed to produce an ID, so the CSOs requested he leave (as they would of anyone without an ID). Of course, the situation deteriorated from there and the chain of events from there is detailed (albeit in a rather biased manner) by the Daily Bruin.

It appear to me that the facts of this case speak for themselves in justifying the UCPD’s actions. In any case, I simply wished to stress that it is wholly fallacious to claim the Mr. Tabatabainejad was the target of racism or some kind of profiling.

SCHOOL PAPER

http://www.dailybruin.com/news/articles.asp?id=38960

"back of the line or your going to get tazed too"

Sickening. I have alot of respect for cops, I know they go through alot but this clearly shows them abusing their power. I hope these guys get fired on the spot! Man this stuff pisses me off. I seriously hope some of you dont think the cops were justified in their actions here (aheem...sarge).

Judge and jury with barely any facts.

Nice.

Anybody with the name Mostafa Tabatabainejad is a possible terrorist and should be treated with suspicion.

I wouldn't necessarily go THAT far, Riggo, but I will say that anyone with an arab sounding name should realize they're likely to be the target of additional scrutiny from security and police officers for that reason.

Archived