Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Americans To Be Tortured For Refusing To Show ID?

MonkeySkin

I get so tired of you ultra conservative, hypocritical, B.S artist spinning things to say he got what he deserved! You are the majority and never had to deal with Police Brutality, profiling and such. What if that was your son or daughter...That was F***** up period i hope those cops get fired and deal with life without a badge to protect them.

Yeah but the jerk kid who wouldn't show his id...he is some kind of hero to you? WOW.

Why is he a jerk? He felt he was being singled out by the student security officer because of his appearance and refused to provide the id. He broke a library rule. There is no excuse for tasing him after police had him in cuffs.

I get so tired of you ultra conservative, hypocritical, B.S artist spinning things to say he got what he deserved! You are the majority and never had to deal with Police Brutality, profiling and such. What if that was your son or daughter...That was F***** up period i hope those cops get fired and deal with life without a badge to protect them.

What would I tell my child.... I'd tell them that they got exactly what they deserved for not IMMEDIATELY and COMPLETELY obey a very reasonable command from the officers. In fact, any child of mine would probably rather have bee arrested than to come home and tell me that they'd had that sort of run-in with the police. Just like I would have been with my father.

What would I tell my child.... I'd tell them that they got exactly what they deserved for not IMMEDIATELY and COMPLETELY obey a very reasonable command from the officers. In fact, any child of mine would probably rather have bee arrested than to come home and tell me that they'd had that sort of run-in with the police. Just like I would have been with my father.

Exactly what I HAVE told my kids :applause:

You want to be a rebel, be prepared for the consequences of your actions:laugh:

I am not fond of the authorities ,but they are there for a reason...so change the rules or live by them.

kinda ironic how when one person refuses to give ID, he's tased several times. when someone asks the officers for their ID, they're threatend to get tased. can you say double-standard?

of course there's a double standard. they're in a position of authority.

if your boss walks into your office and says "what the hell have you been doing all day?" you wouldn't respond "you tell me what the hell you've been doing all day first, then i'll tell you."

Exactly what I HAVE told my kids :applause:

You want to be a rebel, be prepared for the consequences of your actions:laugh:

I am not fond of the authorities ,but they are there for a reason...so change the rules or live by them.

I'd ammend that to be "be prepared for the legal consequences . . ."

If the kid was looking at an arrest for tresspass, and maybe some academic discipline (once they determined that he was, in fact, a student), then I'd be saying "standing on your principals can cost you". (Especially when "your principals" are wrong.)

If, say, "your principals" compell you to throw "blood" on someone who's walking into an abortion clinic, then be prepared to have a conviction for assault that you can tell your grandkids (and potential employers) about.

When Rosa Parks refused to stand up on the bus, she knew she was going to jail. (She also knew that she might get beat up a bit.)

However, that said:

There's a big difference between "be prepared to take the consequences" and "authority is justified in doing whatever they want".

Rosa Parks knew that she might get beat up. However, that doesn't mean that, if it had happened, then she would have deserved it.

Listen, when your trying to detain someone, it is of utmost importance to maintain your surroundings...those situations can easily turn ugly...that was not the time to give out badge numbers...that was the time to keep others from getting into the incident.

threatening people calms them down? ok :rolleyes:

if i threaten to punch you in the face, what do you do? calm down, or hit me first?

of course there's a double standard. they're in a position of authority.

if your boss walks into your office and says "what the hell have you been doing all day?" you wouldn't respond "you tell me what the hell you've been doing all day first, then i'll tell you."

you are on your boss's payroll. the police, on the other hand, are on OUR payroll. your analogy doesn't quite work.

edit: hey, i'm off your ignore list!

i think the authority has more to do with my analogy than the payroll. thinking that police don't have authority simply because they are payed by taxpayer money is off base.

Quite right , you can quit your job,but the rule of law is not something you can quit. ;)

i think the authority has more to do with my analogy than the payroll. thinking that police don't have authority simply because they are payed by taxpayer money is off base.

the employer can do as he pleases because you are at his mercy. he can fire you and then you're stuck looking for a job. yes, he may abuse his power, but he doesn't answer to you.

if a cop does as he pleases and abuses his power, the people will not stand for it and will rise up. remember what happened back when england tried to over-exert themselves in america? the people said "we will not stand for this." and they fought back. if this were to become common practice among the police with no consequences against them, the people would rise up once again. the constitution planned for if the government became too overstretching and wrote in the second amendment if such a case should arrise.

I'd ammend that to be "be prepared for the legal consequences . . ."

Larry, if I thought our system had any interest in Justice, I'd be with you on this. Unfortunately you properly identified what we have as a Legal System, not a Justice System. Therefore, I have a much greater leniency for law enforcement officers taking things into their own hands. They see the System totally failing right in front of their eyes and that frustration is part of what many of these incidents are provoked by. I can't really blame them either.

the employer can do as he pleases because you are at his mercy. he can fire you and then you're stuck looking for a job. yes, he may abuse his power, but he doesn't answer to you.

if a cop does as he pleases and abuses his power, the people will not stand for it and will rise up. remember what happened back when england tried to over-exert themselves in america? the people said "we will not stand for this." and they fought back. if this were to become common practice among the police with no consequences against them, the people would rise up once again. the constitution planned for if the government became too overstretching and wrote in the second amendment if such a case should arrise.

i understand what you're saying. and you're right.

but keep in mind, i was only responding to the part about a double standard. of course there is one.

i understand what you're saying. and you're right.

but keep in mind, i was only responding to the part about a double standard. of course there is one.

if you agree that that is what will likely happen given the double standard, then shouldn't you agree that the double standard should not be acceptable as it is helping to tear apart our nation?

A horror video that wouldn't look out of place in Maoist China or Nazi Germany shows a student being repeatedly shot with a stun gun by UCLA police for the crime of not showing his ID. As similar cases begin to pile up how long will it be before Americans are routinely tortured for noncompliance and refusing to have their 4th amendment violated?

First, what a stupid statement. A guy getting tazed compared to the Nazis. Give me a break. Simply an ignorant statement. Sounds like the guy deserved it. Wouldnt leave when asked to, wouldnt show ID. Sounds like the guy was being an ***hole to the cops. Now hes using the fact hes being muslim to act like this is the second coming of Nazi Germany. Give me a break.

People should respect the police. There is a difference between fearing and respecting. Since when did being tazed equal torture anyhow. First article posted was a joke.

if you agree that that is what will likely happen given the double standard, then shouldn't you agree that the double standard should not be acceptable as it is helping to tear apart our nation?

i think that a lack of respect for authority is doing more to tear apart our nation than double standards of people having to obey authority moreso than vice versa.

i think that a lack of respect for authority is doing more to tear apart our nation than double standards of people having to obey authority moreso than vice versa.

i can see that, but people will never respect authority when they are all-powerful. i am more willing to respect authority if i love authority than i am if i am supposed to fear authority.

i'm sure i've posted my experiences with my old principal several times, and how i made it my job making her's a living hell. she was all-controller and over-exerted he authority. she pulled the school newspaper when it said something bad about the school (saying it was like prison :laugh: ), she made ridiculous rules about school dances (must be at least one foot away from your dance partner), she presumed guilt (someone was kicking me, so she came storming over to me and yelled at me that it was obviously my fault i was being kicked, but she didn't know what i did.) now that she is no longer principal at my school and we have a new guy who likes students, i don't give him ANY problems. i even talk to him every now and then.

its amazing the difference in repect to authority that happens when authority repects its people.

That's was freaking hilarious. They need to put that on America's funniest videos.

Pretty much every tazer video is funny. You don't even need to see them. The sound is enough. I saw one where this lady gets pulled over and she is on her cell phone. And she won't get off, even while the officer is trying to talk to her. Finally she starts yelling at him and moves to get out and he tazes her. Freaking priceless :D :D

Oh, and frankly, the kid deserved it. If you can't provide a student ID on demand and won't comply with a guard or police officer, you just deserve to get tazed.

Yeah but the jerk kid who wouldn't show his id...he is some kind of hero to you? WOW.

LOL, one does not equal the other sport, just because the cops are jerks in my mind and completely over reacted with way more force than needed, does not mean that the kid is a hero, that simply does not follow. Read through my posts on this matter and you will see that I repeatedly say that the kid was wrong, but the cops were worse.

I don't think there's a single person on this thread who's said the kid's a hero. Every one of them says he should've been carried out, and that, frankly, the only reason he shouldn't be prosecuted is because it's too much paperwork. (But if he even starts to resist, then he gets tazed, and prosecuted.)

Some of the folks here simply believe that police officers don't have the authority to attack someone simply for yelling liberal talking points. (You mean, he might have been a liberal UCLA college student? Obviously dangerous.)

I don't think there's a single person on this thread who's said the kid's a hero. Every one of them says he should've been carried out, and that, frankly, the only reason he shouldn't be prosecuted is because it's too much paperwork. (But if he even starts to resist, then he gets tazed, and prosecuted.)

Some of the folks here simply believe that police officers don't have the authority to attack someone simply for yelling liberal talking points. (You mean, he might have been a liberal UCLA college student? Obviously dangerous.)

We Have A Winner!

Oh, and frankly, the kid deserved it. If you can't provide a student ID on demand and won't comply with a guard or police officer, you just deserve to get tazed.

It's just another punk liberal college kid that thinks he's above the law. There's a few of them on this very board that could stand to use a tazing or beatdown.

Archived