Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Actually, our uniforms have changed subtly over the last few years. The hues are much different now. I'm in favor of keeping them. Teams with new uniforms such as Buffalo, Tennessee, Atlanta, Seattle, to name a few, look like crap. Snyder would be correct in this case to say, "If isn't broken, don't fix it."

1. Gibbs is gone.

2. Our current SB-lucky uniforms.............. enough said.

3. We have had the current threads LONGER than any former Redskin

uniform in team history!

You say why? Change people. Change is good.

You say uniforms don't effect on-field performance.

Well I say, so what. If there is no effect on team performance then new uniforms shouldn't bother you.

Besides, new uniforms would mark an end to the fashion-police articles you hate.

Burgundy and Gold people. Not Red, Yellow and White.

BTW if you don't care about this issue please don't post.

I don't post on your threads about some player we should draft first round who you happen to see make a few tackles on some meaningless Bowl game. :applause:

I agree that the timing is good. I'd like to see the 70th anniversary uniform look/colors, but with the spear on the helmet replaced by the current Redskin profile logo.

1. Gibbs is gone.

2. Our current SB-lucky uniforms.............. enough said.

3. We have had the current threads LONGER than any former Redskin

uniform in team history!

You say why? Change people. Change is good.

You say uniforms don't effect on-field performance.

Well I say, so what. If there is no effect on team performance then new uniforms shouldn't bother you.

Besides, new uniforms would mark an end to the fashion-police articles you hate.

Burgundy and Gold people. Not Red, Yellow and White.

BTW if you don't care about this issue please don't post.

I don't post on your threads about some player we should draft first round who you happen to see make a few tackles on some meaningless Bowl game. :applause:

I wouldn't mind having a black Redskins jersey. Not the ones that came out two years ago that was black, white and gray. I was making a team of Redskins greats in the game All-Pro Football 2K8 for Xbox 360 and made a black version of our home jerseys. I wish I had pics to post on here. I had a few compliments from guys I played against on Xbox Live that liked the them.

I wouldn't mind having a black Redskins jersey. Not the ones that came out two years ago that was black, white and gray. I was making a team of Redskins greats in the game All-Pro Football 2K8 for Xbox 360 and made a black version of our home jerseys. I wish I had pics to post on here. I had a few compliments from guys I played against on Xbox Live that liked the them.

whoa, black? i dont think so. thats completely diff from our traidtional red/maroon/burgundy and yellow/gold

Actually, our uniforms have changed subtly over the last few years. The hues are much different now. I'm in favor of keeping them. Teams with new uniforms such as Buffalo, Tennessee, Atlanta, Seattle, to name a few, look like crap. Snyder would be correct in this case to say, "If isn't broken, don't fix it."

I agree. The numbers have changed between manufactors it seems like. Look at the difference between when Addias, Starter and now Reebok made the jerseys. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at the 1991 Redskins team, their pants look more burgundy than the pants now. The colors now look almost red.

I completely agree. I don't have any huge ideas for how we should update them, but I like the idea of leaving the old Gibbs uniforms behind.

Some random thoughts...these uniforms are NOT classic as some people argue. They are only about 30 years old. The Packers and Bears have classic uniforms that haven't changed...we do not.

Also, I think no matter what we do, the new coach should have us wear burgundy at home. I loved Joe's tradition of whites at home, but it is HIS tradition, not a Redskin one.

Also, I think no matter what we do, the new coach should have us wear burgundy at home. I loved Joe's tradition of whites at home, but it is HIS tradition, not a Redskin one.

I hafta disagree with that part ... for one reason.

By wearing white at home, it means the Cowgirls hafta wear their dark jerseys here ... and we all know that's not their preference. And I like us having the power to make them do something they don't want to. :silly:

whoa, black? i dont think so. thats completely diff from our traidtional red/maroon/burgundy and yellow/gold

You can still keep the traditional colors. If you have the game on 360, I'll send you the uniform code and check it out for yourself. They look pretty good espeically with the burgundy pants.

I hafta disagree with that part ... for one reason.

By wearing white at home, it means the Cowgirls hafta wear their dark jerseys here ... and we all know that's not their preference. And I like us having the power to make them do something they don't want to. :silly:

Then they'll just wear white for that particular.