Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

No, just that we would be more menacing without them.

Be as in the ontological state or we talking appearance here? I"m sure I was clear.   And yes, school bus safety coloring detracts from that.  

But like I said, I'm not generally that pressed about the damn rags.   I'm fine with most of the combos we've seen over the years.  White and burgundy either in some jersey/pants ordering or all white or all burgundy.  I'm fine with a lot. 

Including

jordan-reed-kirk-cousins-nfl-tampa-bay-b

Be as in the ontological state or we talking appearance here?  I"m sure I was clear. ( 10 Super Bowls )  And yes, school bus safety coloring detracts from that.  ( 10 Super Bowls ).

" Man, we went 4 and 12 last year ! "

" Yes, but we looked menacing doing it. "

The gold pants aren't going anywhere.

But, we might see the burgundy pants some this year, and I'm fine with that.

Edited by Spearfeather

My God those throwbacks are disgusting. A modern helmet but with jersey and pants that look like they were designed before the wheel was invented. Perfect for rolling around in the mud, you couldn't even tell they were dirty. Not to mention the different shades of burgundy and gold on the helmet/facemask than the jersey/pants. Actually there are 3 different shades of gold since the shade is different in the jersey numbers and the pants too. A true

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

My God those throwbacks are disgusting. A modern helmet but with jersey and pants that look like they were designed before the wheel was invented. Perfect for rolling around in the mud, you couldn't even tell they were dirty. Not to mention the different shades of burgundy and gold on the helmet/facemask than the jersey/pants. Actually there are 3 different shades of gold since the shade is different in the jersey numbers and the pants too. A true show

Im not sure why some people complain that our current gold is too yellow but applaud he throwback gold when it is tan at best and just as far in the other direction of gold

They're an abomination.

I think they're supposed to be more tan--they're supposed to mimic the old leather pants. And the helmet doesn't match because the NFL put a new policy into place that only allows each team to have one helmet--something about brand recognition. As if the NFL needs to worry about that. 

Either way, they took away the faux leather alternate helmet we had a few years ago.

I think they're supposed to be more tan--they're supposed to mimic the old leather pants. And the helmet doesn't match because the NFL put a new policy into place that only allows each team to have one helmet--something about brand recognition. As if the NFL needs to worry about that.

Either way, they took away the faux leather alternate helmet we had a few years ago.

The faux leather helmets were better but I still didn't love them. If we can't wear it right with the helmet rule and instead have to look ridiculous in addition to ugly, we might as well just ditch them and make new throwbacks or something

. And the helmet doesn't match because the NFL put a new policy into place that only allows each team to have one helmet--something about brand recognition. As if the NFL needs to worry about that. 

I thought they said it was more of a safety issue, where they wanted players to wear the same helmet all the time.

white doesn't clash with anything and reds and yellows don't clash with each other.  We aren't even the only team in the league with a variation of that color scheme.  The issue with the white on yellow is is't to boring

"Just look faster,"  man that's just nonsense talk.  Look having to do with speed?  Only if we toss some flag patches on and turn them like they do on jets.

except for maybe tossing in some yellow shoulders like some teams do with their secondary colors the modern uniforms in the NFL don't do much for me.  And the stripes matching is a total non-issue for me

The Redskins and winning are associated with one particular look; White over burgundy. No two ways to argue this. Its the look Gibbs had during the heydays of the 80's; maybe you weren't around for it, maybe you were, but i was. 

You know what I meant by 'looks faster', if not then let me spell it/type it/say it a different way; it looks sleeker. I wasn't a big fan of the white/white look, but comparatively speaking, now i love it !  

Here are our fans who hate our colors and rail on about Bruce's preference:

Actually, i love the colors, just not the design.

The Redskins and winning are associated with one particular look; White over burgundy. No two ways to argue this. Its the look Gibbs had during the heydays of the 80's; maybe you weren't around for it, maybe you were, but i was. 

You know what I meant by 'looks faster', if not then let me spell it/type it/say it a different way; it looks sleeker. I wasn't a big fan of the white/white look, but comparatively speaking, now i love it !  

no, I did not know what looks fast meant. 

And the Redskins had a decade of winning with their 80s look.  Then they had a decade and a half of losing with it. 

Allen's look last most of the 70s and while we were never a champ, we did reach the Super Bowl and had numerous very good years

• Like 1

For what its worth as i don my Fashion police cap for this.

My ideal Redskins look would be the same Burgundy as the throwback but with white numbers.

The pants would be the same color as the current throwback numbers colors,maybe slightly lighter.Burgundy socks.

The helmet i would make same color as the jersey and maybe one gold stripe or no stripes at all,as for the road uniform,white on Burgundy all the way with the white socks,burgundy and gold stripes,i love that look and thats the look the skins were taking over the world in when my love for them began back in the 80's when the game first came across the pond.

Just keep it simple Mr Allen,move away from the uniform that looks like somebody is playing madden and decided to take a lucky dip at different eras.

Takes off hat and moves silently into the next room. ;)

no, I did not know what looks fast meant. 

And the Redskins had a decade of winning with their 80s look.  Then they had a decade and a half of losing with it. 

Allen's look last most of the 70s and while we were never a champ, we did reach the Super Bowl and had numerous very good years

Ok, if Usain bolt was in his starting position, that would prob look like its gonna be fast.

Now picture [ if you can hold it in ] Rosie O'Donnell bent over picking up a donut;   not the same, huh.   :P

Well, the only way to solve this is to inform Mr. Snyder and the Redskins FO that we the fans demand to see a weekly rotating uniform look so that it satisfies everyone. Every color scheme, every design.  I'm holding my breath in anticipation of approval...

I don't know if we ever discussed this on this thread, but a few months back an alleged leak for our Thanksgiving "Color Rush" design was posted on Twitter.  Apparently, the Thanksgiving Color Rush unis will not be monochromatic, but special throwbacks.  See the article below....

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/hoping-new-skins-unis-thanksgiving-these-photos-may-upset-you-dallas-cowboys

On 8/5/2016 at 8:25 AM, Spearfeather said:

I thought they said it was more of a safety issue, where they wanted players to wear the same helmet all the time.

Everyone knows that reason is frankly crap.  You can't tell me that another helmet isn't made for a player if something happens to their first.  The NFL does want the brand recognition, and they've said that before.  I'm not sure why they push it, because the NFL is so popular.  But i think they want to avoid the throwbacks that are nothing like the teams uniforms today.

Anywho, I just read an old article, I must have missed in here, that Bruce Allen turned down a white on white request from the players.  I love the gold pants, love them.  But i love the white on white look, as well as mixing it up with other combos.  Kind of surprised that Bruce single handedly shut something down, from the players request.

I read in a post in here from someone (and who the heck knows if he/she is lying or not) that apparently knew someone and said not to be surprised at some uniform combinations this year, including white on white for some games.  With the players wanting it...who knows, but it would be pretty cool!

1 hour ago, superozman said:

Everyone knows that reason is frankly crap.  You can't tell me that another helmet isn't made for a player if something happens to their first.  The NFL does want the brand recognition, and they've said that before.  I'm not sure why they push it, because the NFL is so popular.  But i think they want to avoid the throwbacks that are nothing like the teams uniforms today.

Anywho, I just read an old article, I must have missed in here, that Bruce Allen turned down a white on white request from the players.  I love the gold pants, love them.  But i love the white on white look, as well as mixing it up with other combos.  Kind of surprised that Bruce single handedly shut something down, from the players request.

I read in a post in here from someone (and who the heck knows if he/she is lying or not) that apparently knew someone and said not to be surprised at some uniform combinations this year, including white on white for some games.  With the players wanting it...who knows, but it would be pretty cool!

Yeah, I didn't really understand it either, but that was what they said and it did happen around the same time the concussion issue started to grow louder, and then again as far as brand recognition why would they allow throwbacks at all ? They still allow the throwback uniforms. We're even mixing throwback uniforms with current helmets. How does that help brand recognition ?

And while it was Allen that shot down the white on white last year, it was also Allen that said we would be doing some things this year with our uniforms.

Edited by Spearfeather

20 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

We're even mixing throwback uniforms with current helmets. How does that help brand recognition ?

My guess, is the fact that teams can't go outside of their color combos.  For example - the rams still use the dark blue helmet, and change the gold stripe to yellow, and wear lighter blue/yellow jerseys.  We all know the skins, Steelers, etc still use same colors or close to.

With the 1 helmet rule, the helmet color can't change.  So you won't have the broncos (brown/yellow), eagles (light blue/yellow), jets (blue/gold), etc. 

I would assume thats the angle they are playing?

22 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

And while it was Allen that shot down the white on white last year, it was also Allen that said we would be doing some things this year with our uniforms.

I have learned to temper my expectations with Allen and his announcements.  For example, big announcement coming...and it's Beathard for the Ring of Fame.  Granted, he deserves it and it's overdue but the lead up and hype suggested more.  I know the media plays into this as well but when Allen says he will be doing some things this year with our uniforms, I expect more like change in laundry detergent than design.  Hope I am wrong.

• Like 4