Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

So if we change the jersey style to the older look with more stripes on the side and adjust if for the new shorter cut that most players wear we could get something that looks like this.

skinsuni1_zps2e5d9445.jpg

I think it solidifies the look and makes it more "uniform."

I think something like this would be even better if the gold outlined numbers that we currently use are included.

So if we change the jersey style to the older look with more stripes on the side and adjust if for the new shorter cut that most players wear we could get something that looks like this.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/ekcmarco/skinsuni1_zps2e5d9445.jpg

I think that uniform looks great. I agree, the stripes on the sleeves, ( along with no outline around the numbers ) make the whole uniform look better.

For what it's worth, and for whoever cares; from what I've seen from various sources: The Bills, Packers, and Rams will all wear their throwbacks at least once this year. The Giant's will wear white pants, instead of gray with their blue jerseys, a few times this year.

Love it. Reminds me of this late 70's Riggo look

riggo.jpg

Throw the players' number on the back of the helmet and we have a winner.

I watched the Vikings last night and I really like the matte paint look of their helmets, instead of the shiny almost glitter infused look of our helmets and others.  The Skins helmets would look sweet if they switched up.

I watched the Vikings last night and I really like the matte paint look of their helmets, instead of the shiny almost glitter infused look of our helmets and others.  The Skins helmets would look sweet if they switched up.

Matte finishes on helmets do look great if done correctly. My favorite VT helmet is the black matte helmet from their 2010 pro combat uniform. Having said that, I don't know if our shade of burgundy really lends itself to a great matte finish. I'd have to see it before I was comfortable saying it was a good idea.

I wonder how our uniforms would look with gold numbers/letters. Obviously the burgundy jerseys would look fine, but I'd be curious to see if it would look OK against the white. I'm sure it would have to be outlined in burgundy in that case. I think it could be a cool change of pace and gives us a little more of our true color scheme instead of using a neutral.

I watched the Vikings last night and I really like the matte paint look of their helmets, instead of the shiny almost glitter infused look of our helmets and others. The Skins helmets would look sweet if they switched up.

I'm the opposite. I don't like that "flat" look on helmets, especially black. But I don't like helmets that are "glittery" either. Just give me regular or normal.

I like the gold color of those pants.  I don't mind the current ones, but I'd prefer them to be slightly darker and less shiny.  The 70th Anniversary is still my favorite color scheme.  That is the burgundy and gold I think the team should use (except less shiny pants):

P_6.jpg

I wonder how our uniforms would look with gold numbers/letters. Obviously the burgundy jerseys would look fine, but I'd be curious to see if it would look OK against the white. I'm sure it would have to be outlined in burgundy in that case. I think it could be a cool change of pace and gives us a little more of our true color scheme instead of using a neutral.

I would like them to try gold numbers as well, but from what I've been told people in the stands and TV spotters have a hard time making them out.  I think that was the main reason the Saints went away from the gold numbers that they used to sport.

I would like them to try gold numbers as well, but from what I've been told people in the stands and TV spotters have a hard time making them out.  I think that was the main reason the Saints went away from the gold numbers that they used to sport.

I figured. I would guess that the burgundy outline on the white jerseys would make it pretty easy to see. I'm sure I'm wrong though!

Our current unis were ranked top ten in all of sports by ESPN. I see zero reason to mess with them.

I think the big thing is just making them more consistent.  For example, using solid burgundy socks rather that the striped one.

When the team wears burgundy pants, the socks have two stripes.

The gold pants have 3 stripes.

The white pants have 2 stripes.

The jerseys have two stripes at the lower sleeve.

The helmet has 3 stripes.

It's just kinda all over the place.  Clean up some details, and the unis are darn near perfect.  

Regarding the color scheme, I like the darker burgundy (70th and 80th anniversary burgundy) more so than the cranberry color of the current "burgundy" jerseys.  Regarding the gold...I could go either way.  I don't mind the darker gold of the 70th, but I also like the brighter gold used today.  If anything I'd just prefer them to be less shiny, and just slightly darker (but lighter than the 70th).

Our current unis were ranked top ten in all of sports by ESPN. I see zero reason to mess with them.

Actually it was #74.

Washington Redskins

was.gif

-12 In strictly aesthetic terms, Washington's white jersey, gold pants and striped socks add up to one of the best looks in the league, and that uni will look even better this season, because they've scrapped the neck roll on the collar. But the ugly reality is that the Skins' name and brand embody an ethnic slur that taints everything it touches, including the team's uniforms. It's time for Daniel Snyder to heed the growing chorus of voices calling for a new direction.

I think if the Skins dropped the name Uni watch would put them in the top 20. I like their blog, but they really beat the drum (lack of a better phrase) on the Redskins name, etc etc. I'm surprised they even print the name in their posts.

I'd like the recently mockups by fans. Would LOVE to see some current designs but with the true deep burgundy and gold for the colors. Does that make sense? Also, the players' number on the helmet. I know SD used to do that and Bama does. I just would like that in the NFL.

GSUHelmet_display_image.jpg?1267541237

Somebody show me this with a burgundy dome, gold Facemask and white numbers.

Actually it was #74.

Washington Redskins

was.gif

-12 In strictly aesthetic terms, Washington's white jersey, gold pants and striped socks add up to one of the best looks in the league, and that uni will look even better this season, because they've scrapped the neck roll on the collar. But the ugly reality is that the Skins' name and brand embody an ethnic slur that taints everything it touches, including the team's uniforms. It's time for Daniel Snyder to heed the growing chorus of voices calling for a new direction.

That may have been from this season but I vividly remember it being top ten on ESPN last year.

Probably because it was before the name change bandwagon got steam