Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

It can only happen on Thanksgiving. in 02 the Redskins wore their 70th Anniversary uniforms while Dallas wore a dark throwback. Also, I am pretty sure a couple of years ago the Patriots wore red against the Lions in their blues.
You're right, I think they normally do wear their alternates on Thanksgiving. There was a game a few years ago where the Bears were granted permission to wear their red alternates as well on Thanksgiving, but assuming Dallas sticks with tradition the Redskins will probably be wearing white on Thursday. The last time I remember that happening was the Monday Night Miracle game (when Dallas also wore throwbacks). I remember thinking it looked so odd seeing the Skins wearing white in Dallas!

Before July 1

each year, home clubs are required to report to the League office their choice of jersey color (either white

or official team color) for their home games of that forthcoming season, and visiting clubs must wear the

opposite. For preseason, regular season, or postseason games, the two competing teams may wearjerseys in their official colors (non-white), provided the Commissioner determines that such colors are of

sufficient contrast.

So it looks like per the Commish, the dark jerseys can be work if there is significant contrast. I don't see a dark red and a dark blue being significant, but who knows.

Edited, thanks!

No problem.

Before July 1

each year, home clubs are required to report to the League office their choice of jersey color (either white

or official team color) for their home games of that forthcoming season, and visiting clubs must wear the

opposite. For preseason, regular season, or postseason games, the two competing teams may wearjerseys in their official colors (non-white), provided the Commissioner determines that such colors are of

sufficient contrast.

So it looks like per the Commish, the dark jerseys can be work if there is significant contrast. I don't see a dark red and a dark blue being significant, but who knows.

Better watch it. Mara will petition the league to take away draft picks for wearing the wrong uniform.

I wonder what would happen if Bruce Allen resigned, retired or was relieved of his duties? For discussion purposes: Would the gold pants disappear or would Snyder decide to leave them in the uniform rotation?

I don't think they'd necessary disappear if Allen left. IMO, there are too many fans that like the gold pants and a new GM would keep the look.

Again, for the 800th time. With us bringing in the 80th anny uniforms, we can only have "THREE" pants for the season. We kept the white, kept the gold and will use the 80th pants twice this year (Carolina, NYG).

We shelved the burgundy pants for "ONLY" this year. They will return next year when we won't have an 81st anniversary jersey. The team will continue from here on out in the coming seasons to wear, burgundy, white or gold pants, probably until the 90th anniversary. They will continue to switch between white and gold pants at home with the burgundy jersey and burgundy or gold pants with a white jersey on the road.

Who says we wont keep the throwbacks as the alternates for next year? We can use them for the next 4 years per NFL rules.

All the assertions that we "win" with a particular uniform combination and "lose" with another are asinine. We've won and lost with them all.

Dallas typically wears its blue "double star" jerseys on Thanksgiving, which means we're wearing our regular white jerseys. So, no throwbacks. The helmet and jersey are a given, the only question is what color pants we wear. Dallas wears white pants with the double-star uniforms (not silver), so white may clash a bit. We'll likely wear gold pants, with an outside chance of burgandy.

Dallas typically wears its blue "double star" jerseys on Thanksgiving, which means we're wearing our regular white jerseys. So, no throwbacks. The helmet and jersey are a given, the only question is what color pants we wear. Dallas wears white pants with the double-star uniforms (not silver), so white may clash a bit. We'll likely wear gold pants, with an outside chance of burgandy.

Not necessarily, we've both worn "dark" throwbacks on Thanksgiving before. Most notably in 2002.

51669623.jpg

Edited by HBnotBlades

Ok maybe this has been answered, but we are celebrating 80 years of football here in Washington, so how come we don't have the 80th anniversary patches on the uniforms? I know in years past we wore them. We had a patch on the uniforms for 70 years. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe someone knows why they aren't wearing patches?

True that they can use them for 4 years, but why would we? They are year specific. I don't think they use them beyond this year.

So wear the 70th Anniversary jerseys. but they used them once in 03 without the patch. These ones dont have the 80th Anniversary patch on them so it makes them easier to use for the next couple of years.

Burgundy/Gold-yellow pants, Burgundy & white, or white on white? Or the throwbacks? Just your guesses.

now see, on the 'hall should have or shouldn't have scored" debate at the end people couldn't understand why someone would write about it.. not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but threads like this is what i dont understand,, and the one earlier this year about giving out nicknames to players like Alfred Morris.. kinda like there isn't anything else to talk about

I can't wait till we get our burgundy pants back. White on gold is starting to burn holes in my eyes.

haha... well we are 5-6 maybe we should pull a 2005 and go white on white for the rest of the season.

and another similarity between this season and 2005 is that of the 5 wins and the 6 loses... we had 2 wins within the division. cowboys on the road and eagles at home and a lose to the giants on the road.

Edited by dahibachi