Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Live stream on Redskins.com???

From Redskins Facebook Page....

Washington Redskins

Tune in tonight from 5:00pm-6:30pm to the team’s LIVE Ustream channel in our Facebook tab or on your Redskins Mobile App to see unfiltered, behind the scenes action from the Redskins 80th Anniversary Kickoff Event at Redskins Park! The event will feature the unveiling of the team's 80th Anniversary uniforms, a live band, cheerleader performances and more!!

LIKE to celebrate 80 years of Redskins football!

Well we now have another clue as to the new uniform, via the official Redskins Blog:

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/05/10/sneak-peek-at-alternate-jersey/

At first glance it doesn't look like that image gives much away, but I think it does one thing - if you notice the colors used in the big question mark in the image, I'm almost certain that's a clue as to the color scheme. Not that this should be a surprise, but it does look like the true dark burgundy with the dark gold (as opposed to the red and yellow they use today...and yes, let's stop kidding ourselves, the uniforms today are red & yellow, not burgundy and gold). Anyway that's my 2 cents.

Edited by joeski27

Well we now have another clue as to the new uniform, via the official Redskins Blog...

Check out the cleat 'shadow' in that picture...the 'red' does look to be a deeper color than the one used currently.

Then again it could just be the shadow effect making it appear darker.

Edited by Twofoot

Well we now have another clue as to the new uniform, via the official Redskins Blog:

At first glance it doesn't look like that image gives much away, but I think it does one thing - if you notice the colors used in the big question mark in the image, I'm almost certain that's a clue as to the color scheme. Not that this should be a surprise, but it does look like the true dark burgundy with the dark gold (as opposed to the red and yellow they use today...and yes, let's stop kidding ourselves, the uniforms today are red & yellow, not burgundy and gold). Anyway that's my 2 cents.

Good catch.

I'm fine with the "burgundy" the team wears, but I would like to see a slightly darker shade of "gold". It is a little too bright and shiny for my liking right now, but I still like our current "gold" over the "gold" used by teams like the Rams. Actually, I'd like to see a slightly darker jersey too...Basically the 70th color scheme is as closest to what I like.

Interesting take joeski. You could be on to something.

Maybe somthing like this:

http://product.images.fansedge.com/64-15/64-15348-F.jpg

Yes well I'm thinking those colors in that "?" most closely resemble the colors from the uniforms in the 1930s-1940s from this image (but not so much from the 50's and beyond, as you can see that's when they started going away from burgundy & gold and more towards red & yellow). Oh and I have a hunch it will be the gold numbers to match the pants, like in the 1937 uniform. That would set this uni apart from any current Skins uniform scheme (...and maybe Indian head patched on the sleeves like the '37 uniform??):

Washington+Redskins+1200.jpg

Now that being said, these may be (and likely are) the base colors of the uniform, but what exactly they are doing with "the new age look of the future" aspect is the real mystery here IMO.

Edited by joeski27

Roy Helu just got approved to wear Helu Jr on the back of the jersey. It seems to me that with Nike producing the jerseys, the NFL is allowing players to pick the name they desire on their jerseys lol.

He Hate Me coming to a store near you.

Take it for what its worth but i asked someone who knows about the new unis. They wouldnt tell me specifics but sammy baugh style came up so i asked hot or cold and the answer was artic. So im not even thinking of those jersey combos anymore.

Well this sho' 'nuff is gonna get interesting in a couple of hours. But I'll echo what others have commented on - kudos to the Skins and to Nike for somehow managing to keep these things under wraps. Of course Nike did keep the standard NFL jersey's completely under wraps too, so maybe it isn't a big surprise. Nike is like the Christopher Nolan of sportswear, lol!

That's odd. all white and we have to guess the numbers!

If it starts at 5, I'd say they'll talk about "tradition" and all this other stuff for 15-30 minutes before showing off the uni's.

[Not saying tradition and that other stuff isn't important]