Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

YES. I'm 39 years old and grew up with the uniforms that won three SB's. But people need to stop being so scared of change. It has become stale, and we've been losing for 20 years! Uniform changes usually help a franchise. Broncos, Pats, and Bucs all won Superbowls after drastic changes....even the Bengals went to the Superbowl immediately after changing.....Heck, the Redskins first SB victory they had a slight change to the helmet that season.

Personally, I like the old simple feather helmet...and never understood why it gets no love. Simple. Bring it back modernized.

option5a.jpg

redskins5.jpg

To look more like this:

pro-comabt-skins-uni-2.png

Edited by CliffBattles

I guess I'm getting old, but damn I hate when teams or their fans try to incorperate "black" uniforms into their color scheme. Do you really think players look over at the other team and say , "damn, they look really intimadating in their all black,"? The Falcons did that in the early 90s with Jerry Glanville. They changed from the red to black uniforms and helmets. Glanville actually wore all black in the sidelines. He even wore it when he was with the Houston Oilers. It's really stupid to think the color of a uniform is intimidating. The only team I can think of that could have pulled it off was the 1970s Oakland Raiders. They weren't intimidating because of their uniform color, they were intimidating because of their play.

I guess I'm getting old, but damn I hate when teams or their fans try to incorperate "black" uniforms into their color scheme. Do you really think players look over at the other team and say , "damn, they look really intimadating in their all black,"? The Falcons did that in the early 90s with Jerry Glanville. They changed from the red to black uniforms and helmets. Glanville actually wore all black in the sidelines. He even wore it when he was with the Houston Oilers. It's really stupid to think the color of a uniform is intimidating. The only team I can think of that could have pulled it off was the 1970s Oakland Raiders. They weren't intimidating because of their uniform color, they were intimidating because of their play.

Agreed, but look at it this way:

Teams like the Bucs and the dreamcicle unis were synonomous with losing... even the Rams in the Blue and Yellow (before going to a darker blue and gold) were syn as well.... not saying that changing a uniform will change the opponents point of view, but psycology 101 says it will change the way our players feel and it WILL effect their performance.

Put it in perspective, are you more relaxed on casual Fridays at work? Are you more business like in a suit?

When the Army switched from the BDU (green) to the ACU (digital camo) you saw a bunch of 18 years walking around with a strut and really performing better in the field (initially). Tanget here, since you don't have to iron the ACU or polish the boots, you see some more laziness in the wear of the uniform... but that's not something likely to effect the Redskins, lol.

I think an alternate would be fun to bust out 1-3 times a season, but scratch the black... I've seen some mock ups of a "mustard" jersey that actually looked better than I could have imagined.....then again I like the "mustard" pants. I notced the organizaion tended to shy away from them from midseason on and that bums me out.

I'll go first...

Absolutely. I am a huge traditionalist, but when I saw those black uniforms (I know they aren't real... at least not yet) I got so excited. Let's keep the same model, but modernize it a little bit.

That'll pump up the players as well.

That said, I don't want them to go overboard like Maryland or Oregon has.

Black isn't one of the Redskins colors. Pass.

I'll go first...

Absolutely. I am a huge traditionalist, but when I saw those black uniforms (I know they aren't real... at least not yet) I got so excited. Let's keep the same model, but modernize it a little bit.

That'll pump up the players as well.

That said, I don't want them to go overboard like Maryland or Oregon has.

I completely agree, and you hit what was going to be my point. DON'T GO OVERBOARD! As trivial of a change as it may be, in sports we have seen time and time again that changing the uniform can go far in creating a new mindset or "culture" in an organization. I am a traditionalist as well but some changes are good. For instance, I love the current logo on the helmet where the feathers hang straight down and I hate the old one where the feathers unnaturally curve around. This is the kind of small "tweaks" I am talking about.

We have not had a franchise quarterback in forever, and finally it looks like we have the kind of guy that can spearhead a true culture change for the organization. I say lets shake off the bad mo-jo from top to bottom with a new, or alternative uniform to help mark the start of a new era for the team.

The key to this sort of thing is to not go crazy with it like the aforementioned Oregon Ducks. The Skin's don't need a new carbon fiber, hologram, 3d, virtual reality helmet for each day of the week! Something that marks the start of the new era while still trumpeting the history of our proud franchise.

No matter what happens to the uniform, I can't wait to see RG3 in it absolutely DESTROYING the NFC EAST for the next decade plus! HTTR! :)

I'd still like to see the logo itself updated. Not changed name-wise, just "modernized" if that's the right word.

Something like:

http://s1164.photobucket.com/albums/q564/tibbidoe/?action=view&current=MyRedskinsLogoLarge.jpg

I suck at the photoshop whatever and had to do it with Paint, so please ignore the rough look of it.

(I take no credit for the face logo, I just wanted to try and get my idea of "updated" across).

Is this the concept your looking for? Like you I used an native american head that I found on line

Edited by Dana87

I say no. The Washington franchise is a staple of tradition. Bringing back old uniforms is one thing. In fact, I've liked them all. But to create something entirely new at this point...I think that would be close to blasphemy.

It's now RG3's time to refresh the franchise...not the laundry he wears.