Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I hope you're not somehow inferring that the colors of the jersey have something to do with the outcome of the game? That's just silly. NFL players have their superstitions, to be sure, but they're not the paranoiacs that MLB players are. Uniform jersey colors have about as much to do with determining the outcome of games as I do.

Going back through the years ... the Giants wore white at home through much of the 1980's to make Dallas wear their road blue. And the Eagles went home white for the 1980 NFC Championship game, forcing Dallas to wear road blue. Back then, some felt it was the case ...

The year Schottenheimer was here (2001), we were home dark all year ... we had a six game winning streak going into our home game with them and they did not have much of a team that year either. But they beat us 17-7 with Quincy Carter at QB ...

And a few years ago, Carolina hosted the Pukes in a wild card game and the Panthers went home white. I distinctly remember John Madden commenting about their road blues and something not being right with that.

It may not make a difference to us but I've always felt it is a psychological advantage against the Cowgirls when they have to wear road blue. So why not use that to our advantage? Spurrier may have been a bad coach but he did respect the home white against Dallas ...

That said, I am getting a little tired of the white on white look. Someone else said white is not a Redskin color. I wouldn't go that far, but to see it so predominantly is not a Redskin "thing" IMHO.

I'm not a fan of white-on-white either ... if it were mine to make, it would be white jerseys and burgundy pants (with the gold and white stripes). That was the home uniform for all but a handful of my years following them.

:2cents::2cents::2cents:

For the night games this year we should wear the 70th Anniversary for the Pittsburgh game, and the 75th anniversary unis for the Dallas game. I really think the Gold/Yellow pants should be brought back. Earlier this year, we heard they wore all White due to heat. I'd imagine that the yellow pants from the the 75th unis would be just as cool as the white pants.

I wouldn't mind seeing this for the home white unis:

001302077.jpg

For the night games this year we should wear the 70th Anniversary for the Pittsburgh game, and the 75th anniversary unis for the Dallas game. I really think the Gold/Yellow pants should be brought back. Earlier this year, we heard they wore all White due to heat. I'd imagine that the yellow pants from the the 75th unis would be just as cool as the white pants.

I wouldn't mind seeing this for the home white unis:

001302077.jpg

throw the burgundy jerseys on with those pants

I don't have an "official" inside information, just what has been throw around in here per Larry Michael that Zorn wanted to do a half and half season of white and burgundy. It may be true that he changed his mind for the Dallass game which means we'll get white for the first 5 games, but if the colors were already set in July, then he may need to petition the commish and have Dallass agree to the change.

Guest Spearfeather
such a good look. i wish we would wear it just once. we need to at least start wearing gold pants again, those pants with that piping looks so good.

Agreed, ....love those. Wish they had those for home and the White with burgundy pants on the road.

[Let's all sing in unison]

"Hail To the Washington Orderlies ..

Hail to the team ..

They're emptying bedpans..

And Handing Out Meds for Free."

SHEESH!!

It's been what .. five years now of this white-on-white nonsense! Are they ever going to give up their fascination of these ugly ass W-O-W unis? Are they EVER going to wear something BURGUNDY or GOLD other than the outlines of the numbers AGAIN?!!

[Let's all sing in unison]

"Hail To the Washington Orderlies ..

Hail to the team ..

They're emptying bedpans..

And Handing Out Meds for Free."

SHEESH!!

It's been what .. five years now of this white-on-white nonsense! Are they ever going to give up their fascination of these ugly ass W-O-W unis? Are they EVER going to wear something BURGUNDY or GOLD other than the outlines of the numbers AGAIN?!!

What are you talking about? The all white unis look cash money and the players love them. That's why you won't see the change. I like that we keep the burgundy tops for crucial away games only.

I agree everyone. I can't stand watching them in the all white uniforms. There is just no color to them. They look so washed out on TV. It just does not look like the Redskins in those stupid all white uniforms. Please someone get the front office to get some Color back into the uniforms.

Let's just bring back the gold pants and all will be good.

Gold Pants / Burgundy Jerseys. This should, without a doubt, be our home uniform.

Burgundy Pants / White Jerseys should without a doubt be our road uniform.

White On White should be used on occasion (it aint that bad folks).

Edited by Diesel Hog