Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Gotta wear the home whites, its been a good year for the white unis

Enough with this "white on white is our good luck charm" garbage.

We are going to be on national TV tonight. The all white look is HORRIBLE. I want to look sharp for the rest of the country to see tonight.

Just look at Santana on my sig below. You think he would look better with white pants?

people make too much fuss over the unis.

Some people do, I agree (when they become overly superstitious about it). But it's also fun to see what people think about the uni's and what color schemes might be used on-field. Personally, I always thought the burgundy on burgundy would look pretty cool but you never know until they try them out.

I seem to remember Zorn saying that they would begin to wear the Burgundy uniforms at home - starting on the MNF game against the Steelers.

Did I hear this correctly or am I completely making it up?

He did say that the Skins home jerseys would be burgundy, starting when the weather got cooler. I don't know if it starts tonight, but they will wear the burgundy jerseys. And he said that when Dallas comes to town, the white jerseys would be worn. I heard all this on his radio show.

Along those lines, Gibbs seemed to prefer the white jersey with the burgundy pants. Some players have claimed to prefer the burgundy jerseys with white pants. Any idea how things will go this year?

We’ll be wearing the white jerseys with the burgundy pants at home until, I think, the Pittsburgh game. After that, burgundy with white pants. Coach Zorn thinks it will help with the heat. For away games, we’re at the mercy of the home team — like Dallas always wears white at home, so we always wear the burgundy in Dallas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080904