Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Still has legs huh? That was almost a month ago.

If Quinn's biggest flub for the foreseeable future remains wearing the wrong shirt we will be sitting pretty...

but boy did this man hit his own org in the pockets w/ that one. Yeesh.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mudhog said:

My sister bought it for me online. It's definitely an unsanctioned, bootleg-tee. You have to remember, DQ's shirt was an unsanctioned tee as well. Therefore, every tee vendor that had a whiff of DQ's shirt went and silk-screened their own version that day, and put it online to capitalize on the fever. I'm not sure if DQ's shirt had the name commanders on it, but, mine sure doesn't. 

Thanks it was easy to find, there are tons of them for sale! Mine is on the way 😁

Quinn’s shirt did in fact have the c word on it, but plenty are available without it. I’ve must admit I’m surprised, usually the NFL cracks down on this type of trademark infringement I thought.

image.jpeg.a123d5b720ccccdf5e25e0ba01f350e6.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'NFL HELMET RANKINGS VIA YAHOO SPORTS 2 3 JWP 6 9 8 10 13 12 14 15 17 16 18 19 21 20 22 23 25 24 26 27 29 28 30 31 32 VIA VIAYAHOOSPORTS YAHOO SPORTS'

Okay, I'm no Cowboys fan, but No. 23? Really? It's an iconic sports design. Certainly far more so than the Bengals' helmet.

Can't argue with our position, though.

• Like 2

Some new Commanders fashion...

The W logo is different, and the Commanders font on the t-shirts seems to be new as well.  I have no idea what this means.  Thoughts?

image.jpeg.570666b3711a6b1436655bdb54ff6282.jpeg

37 minutes ago, N0430BM said:

The W logo is different, and the Commanders font on the t-shirts seems to be new as well.  I have no idea what this means.  Thoughts?

It's just that particular shirt

The style of font is the same as it's always been, it's just black instead of burgundy or gold.

That shirt"s going for 80$ on the team website...

?

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

The style of font is the same as it's always been, it's just black instead of burgundy or gold.

?

what a rip off! The DQ feather shirt cost me 22 bucks for a long sleeve T

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

?

Haven’t seen that shirt before (w/ the pentagon and almost DOOMy lettering) - do you have a link or is this a joke flying over my head?

Because when I see a highbrow masterpiece like this: https://store.commanders.com/en/unisex-the-wild-collective-black-washington-commanders-tour-band-t-shirt/p-351122017997067448+z-94-657846145?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

I really don’t know what to think

I DO find it quite interesting to see the team navigating the slight changes in design/emphasizing more “W” related merch that could have more longevity the ol’ Commies name. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DonProvolone said:

Haven’t seen that shirt before (w/ the pentagon and almost DOOMy lettering) - do you have a link or is this a joke flying over my head?

Edited by Spearfeather

1 hour ago, DonProvolone said:

Do I have a link to what ?

The link you posted will take you to that shirt, under " short sleeve shirts "

10 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

?

You are right.

The W is black instead of burgundy, and the outline is white instead of gold.  What is throwing me off though is that there is a third addition...the gold misaligned outline behind the W.

17 hours ago, profusion said:

Okay, I'm no Cowboys fan, but No. 23? Really? It's an iconic sports design. Certainly far more so than the Bengals' helmet.

Can't argue with our position, though.

Totally agree with this. Browns at #8 seems bizarre too, it's literally an orange helmet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK Skins said:

Totally agree with this. Browns at #8 seems bizarre too, it's literally an orange helmet

Yeah, Cowboys should be way higher...I don't mind the Browns relatively high, but I'm a simplistic person with uniform design and I like that's it traditional. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Do I have a link to what ?

The link you posted will take you to that shirt, under " short sleeve shirts "

the shirt you were referring to in your previous post/from the rookie photo- I couldn’t find it last night: https://store.commanders.com/en/unisex-the-wild-collective-black-washington-commanders-band-t-shirt/p-16447491821717+z-9049-1230947784?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r8c2:po-26

On 6/3/2024 at 7:46 PM, N0430BM said:

The hats are an improvement because the logo is gray and the background is gray, so clearly they're trying to hide the logo. Today it's a red and yellow outline. Tomorrow it's a gray outline around the gray letter.

The Commanders logo on the shirt looks bad to me. If they try to play it straight, Commanders is a military name. Nothing about it looks like a high ranking military logo.

On 5/29/2024 at 7:00 AM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

You're not crazy...

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnCpqg2OzmEkIgnN_8h

In fact, that's what many here on this board initially thought of when it was rolled out! But that's what happens when the owner lets his wife design the identity of the team...

Ouch. This team needs a re-re-branding.

At least those terrible seasons of the past were watchable thanks to the awesome unis we had.

If I'm investing three hours of my time I expect the actual object on my screen be pleasing.

The actual play quality of the team is another discussion completely.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The hats are an improvement because the logo is gray and the background is gray, so clearly they're trying to hide the logo. Today it's a red and yellow outline. Tomorrow it's a gray outline around the gray letter.

The Commanders logo on the shirt looks bad to me. If they try to play it straight, Commanders is a military name. Nothing about it looks like a high ranking military logo.

It's just all lipstick on a pig... or Tuddy, at this point.  

It is absolutely the worse logo in the NFL, and maybe even of all sports. 

If there is any work happening on a rebrand, they sure are keeping a very tight lid on it.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

On 6/3/2024 at 5:46 PM, N0430BM said:

This is below Arena League material.

Color combos are garish and typographic elements make no sense.

It's horrendous.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

One thing I wonder about, why we did not keep the Redskins font?  We all know the familiar look of that REDSKINS in the end zones.  When they change to the name that shall not be said, they changed the font with the rebrand.  One thing Cleveland did, one of many things they did better than Snyder's clown show effort, was keep the font or typeface of the Indians.  Now, they are undergoing more changes as of late.  However, all NFL teams have that recognized typeface with their team.  I will never like the C name but had they kept the right colors and the familiar Redskins font, might have made it a bit more familiar.  I guess it really changed when they went to Washington Football Team, but will have to google the pics and see.  

I bring it up because the Commanders font and the typography that El Mexican mentioned, just brings more attention to it.  They know it sucks and to their credit, they seem like they are trying to improve it but hard to improve on something nobody likes at the start.

Edited by RFK Lives
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RFK Lives said:

One thing I wonder about, why we did not keep the Redskins font?  We all know the familiar look of that REDSKINS in the end zones.  When they change to the name that shall not be said, they changed the font with the rebrand.  One thing, one of many things they did better than Snyder's clown show effort, was keep the font or typeface of the Indians.  Now, they are undergoing more changes as of late.  However, all NFL teams have that recognized typeface with their team.  I will never like the C name but had they kept the right colors and the familiar Redskins font, might have made it a bit more familiar.  I guess it really changed when they went to Washington Football Team, but will have to google the pics and see.  

I bring it up because the Commanders font and the typography that El Mexican mentioned, just brings more attention to it.  They know it sucks and to their credit, they seem like they are trying to improve it but hard to improve on something nobody likes at the start.

Blame Tanya Snyder.

On 6/5/2024 at 5:50 AM, N0430BM said:

It's just all lipstick on a pig... or Tuddy, at this point.  

It is absolutely the worse logo in the NFL, and maybe even of all sports. 

If there is any work happening on a rebrand, they sure are keeping a very tight lid on it.  

Agreed, although as I've said the 'W' logo by itself would have looked decent...if they'd adopted it around 1961. 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Blame Tanya Snyder.

Agreed, although as I've said the 'W' logo by itself would have looked decent...if they'd adopted it around 1961. 😆

Right...this isn't actually a specific criticism of Tanya Snyder, but whenever you put non-qualified people in charge of things you will get sub-par output. The previous owner put his wife, someone who isn't a top branding expert, in charge of large aspects of the rebrand. It's not surprising that critical elements of that rebrand were overlooked.

And, again, that's not a knock on anyone as a person...the same would probably have happened if I was put in charge of it. I am, by many accounts, a very nice guy and quite good at what I do. What I have no training in and would be in over my head in is the rebranding of a multi-billion dollar organization. 

On 6/4/2024 at 7:42 PM, NickyJ said:

This isnt the team trying to hide the logo, these are New Era draft hats which all have the same theme for the event. This is done every year.

I am in agreement with most that the new unis are horrible, the name is awful and the W logo is tolerable at best. Hoping and waiting for a change but I am still of the opinion, could be wrong, they could simply use the "old" WFT jerseys with the current helmets. They are already authorized as throwbacks so why not? 

HTTR

new-era-2024-nfl-draft-hats-grayscale-graphite-768x850.jpg