Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Wheels are not gonna fall off....They are gonna be rolling...

SkinsNoles21

Right over the Jags....

ANTI BARRY WILBURN THREAD!!!!!:logo: :logo: :logo: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Well maybe not him as a person....but his wheels are gonna fall off theory...

Win this game.....and all of our lives change dramatically. Because you know, just like I know, that the Redskins winning is what makes us going through each day a little better. I dont know why, I dont know how, I just know that when the Redskins are winning I feel much better about my every day tasks in life. I feel as though no matter what obstacle I have to overcome I can do it with ease.

Now I have only truly felt this once, for a period of about two months....last season when the Skins went on the five game win streak and into the playoffs. At 22, I remember the Super Bowl in 91, but I was seven and even though I already loved the Skins, I was more concerned with Ninja Turtles. In 99 I was excited about the Redskins, but I just didn't have the same feeling I have with the current Skins. They were good, but the defense was awful and the receivers were Albert Conell and Michael Westbrook. Overall I just never felt the same as I do about this current squad, for obvious reasons.

I don't need to discuss all the reasons why we are a Super Bowl caliber squad, each of you knows why, and that is why everyone is so criticial of every aspect that has anything to do with the Washington Redskins. There is no reason why the Skins can't win it all, NO REASON.

Like I said, I'm 22 and dangerously close to entering the "real world", and I have many goals that I have set for myself. Hopefully I will be able to accomplish all of my goals regardless of how the Skins are doing; with hard work, grit and determination (sound familiar), but it would help a lot to have the Skins to provide motivation...and I may even NEED it.

The day I had today is the reason I am prompted to write this. It was one of the worst days I can remember, and I wont get into details, but lets just say anything that could go wrong did, right down to the soda machine taking the last four quarters to my name. I will wake up tomorrow ready to go to battle again and hope it will turn out a little different. But here is where the Skins come into play. I need them to win, I need them to be succesful because if they can accomplish what I feel like is nearly impossible, SO CAN I.

My reason for telling you this is because I know you are the same way. It may vary from person to person, but overall, everyones lives are alot better when their beloved Skins are winning ball games. We have given our hearts to something that we cannot actually fix ourselves, we rely on others to make the correct choices for us, and for them to return the favor by winning, is an amazing feeling.

However, Ive decided we have to take matters into our own hands. It is time for the Redskins to knock off some of the best teams, starting this week with Jacksonville. We, as fans are going to will the Washington Redskins to greatness. As fans we have to eliminate all doubt, all concerns, and trust the Redskins. It sounds hard to do but its not, just have faith in your team. Whether you are going to the game or not, give everything you have as a fan on Sunday, no matter where you are... it will be felt. If you are at the game, give two times what you think you are capable of. Chug more beers, scream louder, clap harder, go crazier than you actually thought you could. Don't have a heart attack, but go so crazy you start to feel your arm go numb. This is our team, this is our time; do something for yourself, your life, your team, and give everything you've got. If you do this....WE will win.

If you think Im wrong, do it anyways, but stop and think about it first....The Saints on Monday night, The Giants last year against us, Dale Earnhardt Jr. winning the Daytona 500, the list goes on and on. Wins come when players and fans give all they have, in those cases they were because of events that happened off the field of play, but in our case, this effects every single one of us every single day...so make the Redskins win. The Skins are a part of you.

Do not let the Jacksonville Jaguars come into Fed Ex and get a win. Eliminate the ifs, buts, concerns, problems, Mark Brunell, and anything else that causes you to have doubt and tell yourself the Jacksonville Jaguars will not come to our house and knock us off under any circumstances.

You decide who wins on Sunday, the team will follow, this is our team and we are going to win.:logo:

Great post man. I'm 21, so I feel EXACTLY like you do about the previous redskins (sadly, my first Redskins jersey was a michael westbrook). I will actually be at the game and you can bet that I will be giving it my all as a fan. Here's to a victory against the Jags!

Whether you are going to the game or not, give everything you have as a fan on Sunday, no matter where you are... it will be felt. If you are at the game, give two times what you think you are capable of. Chug more beers, scream louder, clap harder, go crazier than you actually thought you could. Don't have a heart attack, but go so crazy you start to feel your arm go numb. This is our team, this is our time; do something for yourself, your life, your team, and give everything you've got. If you do this....WE will win.

:logo: Just put us in page 701 baby!!!!! :applause:

:point2sky

Awesome post I am the same age as you and yes, when the skins win I am in a much better mood than if they lose. It really does make a difference in my everyday life! I won't be at the game but I want everyone that will be to be EXTREMEly loud. Cause some false starts!!! Let's take that noise title away from seattle!!!! Go SKINS!!!!

HTTR!!!!

The day I had today is the reason I am prompted to write this. It was one of the worst days I can remember.... I will wake up tomorrow ready to go to battle again....Ive decided we have to take matters into our own hands.

To accuse others for one's own misfortunes is a sign of want of education. To accuse oneself shows that one's education has begun.

To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one's education is complete.

You honor yourself with your decisions to take control of your life sir.:applause:

Great post.

I like seeing younger guys have this kind of enthusiasm.

I feel alot like this in when the Skins win, I am a happy guy the rest of the week, and when the Skins lose, I am a grumpy old man. :laugh:

In a way I feel sorry for you younger posters that didn't get to experience the "Glory Days" of the Skins during the 80's.

But, in the same token, y'all grew up being Skins fans during one of our darkest times, the Norv Turner years and you are STILL Redskins fans, so I solute you for that. :notworthy

The wife does not allow me in bed for some reason when my Skins lose. I always thought it was my man crush on Sean Taylor every Sunday, but now I realize it's the my bad attitude when we play like crap and lose.

Good post, in Gibbs we trust. HTTR :applause:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My wife hates it when the Skins lose. If the Skins lose and my favorite NASCAR driver does bad, the dog goes to the other room.

Disclaimer: No animals, including humans, are ever harmed during Skins losses or NASCAR driver misfortunes.

I feel you kid and I'm with you. What I got from your post that I think is important concerning the game on Sunday is how all of us fans can literally pump up the team so much that the momentum can cause game changing plays. If you look at the first series of the game on Monday night, the Saints rode that wave to a touchdown on special teams (which is ALL about emotion and guts).

If all of us fans can get that wound up BEFORE kick-off and show the Redskins how much we do love them then will feel it. And when all is said and done, the Jags are gonna feel it too.

I love me some Skins baby!

PS: When they lose, my girlfriend doesn't want to be anywhere near me for about 30 minutes. I yell, cuss, scream, and even hit the couch/pillows when something bad happens. I live and die on Sundays (and sometimes monday night... and occasionally Thurday, and that playoff game on Saturday...)

I never think I'm gonna get that emotional on sundays but I always do. I sit there on my couch hands together sweating cause im nervous as hell, and then when something good happens I go nuts, I jump up and down and scream as loud as possible. During the week i start out calm and get more nervous as it draws near kickoff on sunday. THis week is prolly the most nervous i have felt in a long time.

It doesnt seem as if many people have read it, but enough have.....Everyone will be ready for this game I know....but I want it to be more than that.....whatever is more than being as ready as you can possibly be, thats what we have to do.

edit* Im not gonna lie I wrote this to sort of bump the thread up a little bit....

Archived