Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Wheels are not gonna fall off....They are gonna be rolling...

SkinsNoles21

I think some are taking it to far for the skins over sex, just :hump: while you watch the game, sheesh :silly:

Seriously though, I'm not going to go into ANOTHER tirade about the fans, I'll just ask that please, PLEASE anyone going to the stadium GIVE IT YOUR ALL! We can do so much better, it shouldn't matter if we're down if the game's still going, let's band together this weekend and give an effort for the ages, stay loud THE ENTIRE GAME, NO MATTER WHAT!!! The more people who can do this the better off we'll be. If you aren't going and you have friends, relative, whatever going to the game implore them, beg if you have to represent the Burgundy and Gold with FORCE this weekend. Let's kill us some ****ing Jaguars!!!!! :helmet:

Great post.

I like seeing younger guys have this kind of enthusiasm.

I feel alot like this in when the Skins win, I am a happy guy the rest of the week, and when the Skins lose, I am a grumpy old man. :laugh:

In a way I feel sorry for you younger posters that didn't get to experience the "Glory Days" of the Skins during the 80's.

But, in the same token, y'all grew up being Skins fans during one of our darkest times, the Norv Turner years and you are STILL Redskins fans, so I solute you for that. :notworthy

thats very true, us younger guys have never seen a winning team besides last year. we grew up watching the ol ball coach, norv turner and marty ball. we deserve to be saluted for stayign through all that ****.:laugh:

thats very true, us younger guys have never seen a winning team besides last year. we grew up watching the ol ball coach, norv turner and marty ball. we deserve to be saluted for stayign through all that ****.:laugh:

yes we do!!! It's been very frustrating watching the skins, but we always stay with them. A friend of the family who is 55 has been watching skins games for over 30 years and always tells me about the glory days of the skins and how great it was to watch them play. hopefully we will be able to witness another decade where the skins dominate!!

Great post and I feel the same way. When the Redskins win I read every article and watch every highlight I can find.

My week and mood is also determined on wheather we win or lose and nothing was worse than the TB loss last year or losing to the Seahawks to end our season.

I like you believed we were a sure SB team this year with all the pickups and the momentum that we build last year. The coaching staff(Best in the NFL) added with all that talent made me downright ****y!!!

I must confess, however that after watching us stumble in preseason and then losing our 1st 2 games with our defence giving up big play after big play and our offence with the exception of the Texan's who can't stop anyone has looked inept.

I initially could not picture how teams could stop us but we are not even close to the SB contender that I thought we would be. I have faith in JG and his ability to make the necessary adjustments .

I was at the Viking game and we did not look good on either side of the ball and felt certain doom the 2nd week against the Cowboys. I sat in my favorite chair with my #26 jersey on and for most of the night sat numb knowing from the opening drive of the Cowboys that we were in for a long long night!

I have been a loyal Redskins fan since I was 7(1971) and have great memories of the JG teams in the 80's and early ninties. I used to go into every year thinking we would win it all. That was such a great feeling and then the roof fell in when JG retired and Eagle fan's were laughing at us!!!, which is the last straw. A once proud franchise and fans listening to the garbage that that bottom feeder franchise and it's fans were dishing out!!!

I think we can turn this thing around but at the same time can't deny what I have seen. We need to do well this week and next week against the giants. If we do then it will go a long way to restoring my pre-season SB chest pounding attitude. If on the other hand we play like we did against the Vikings and especially the Cowboys then we are quite possibly in for a very long season and I pray that I am dead wrong!

I believe that we can absolutley win this game but based on what I have seen so far on both sides of the ball have not much evidence to back up my belief.

Think about the test we have in front of us. We are playing the Jags and then against a well rested Giant team(they have a bye) in NY still smarting from the 42-30 loss that the Seahawks laid on them. I believe the next 2 games will determine what kind of team we have.

The defence needs to play shutdown like they did most of last year. The Texans were able to move the ball somewhat against us and that worried me. If that DE don't commit a boneheaded penaly far away from the fumble return for a TD a 31-7 rout all of a sudden is a 31-23 game(2 pt conversion), which by the way we let them drive for the 4th qtr TD way too quickly and then when we had a chance to shut down any momentum they may have had let them run in for 2 points to close the gap to 31-15.

We then drive the ball to the Houston 18 only to fumble and have it returned for a TD and barring that Personal foul it's a game again! Good teams run up 43 points and leave no doubt about who is going to win the game. I was nervous even when we were up 31-7 and put my head in my hands when I saw the fumble and TD return. I kept thinking this is not happening.... I just was not as impressed as I wanted to be considering the caliber of oppenant!!!

CP is awesome and I love him but chances are he will not be running for 30+ TD runs with 10 seconds before a half or game against teams the caliber of the Jags or Bears or for matter teams in our division!

I know that we have one thing that no-one has and that is Joe Gibbs and his ability to galvanize the players and make them believe. We won the SB in 1988 with a team that was in the midst of changing QB's at the end of the season. I never would have thought that that Redskin Team could have won the SB that year. The difference was Joe Gibbs!!!

I remeber we were playing the Bears in Chicago in the playoffs. The Bears were heavily favored and with the score at 14-0 Chicago I started throwing stuff at the TV and telling the Redskins to just go home because they did not come to play! My wife actually walked out of our apartment to get away from me because I was a miserable lunitic. The Redskins came back and won 21-17 on quite possibly the most dramatic punt return in NFL history by Darrell Green when he leaped over Cap Boso of the Bears and ran the last 30 or so yards clutching his strainned Rib cage!!!

That SB champion team is my favorite even though the 91 team was quite possibly one of the best 5 teams ever put together in NFL history!! I love Joe Gibbs and am grateful that we have the priviledge of having him guide us once again!!! I believe he will figure this out and make the kind of adjustments that only JG can do!!!

Once this occurs there is little doubt that a 4th beautiful gleaming SB trophy will join the other 3 and JG will be the only coach to win 4 SB's with 4 different QB's and 4 different RB's..... Therby eliminating any doubt as to who the best coach ever to grace the sidelines in the NFL!!! HAIL!!!!

Take barrywilburn's posts w/ a teeny tiny grain of salt.

Home boy is negative in all posts, proposes ludicrous trades (Michael Barrow and Mark Brunell for Randy Moss, LaVar Arrington for Carson Palmer- WTF), was against the Moss-Coles trade, and has gotten suspended from the ES site in the past.

I will be at the game too, cheering on OUR team. Eff anyone else who doesn't- they're not real fans anyways. HTTR!

I want to post just to bump this over top of the "wheels WILL fall off tomorrow" thread...We all know that Barry Wilburn is/was on crack.

Gotta stay positive. We are still not at 100%, with Springs out. CP gets us a lot closer to what the "true" 2006 Redskins can be.

:logo: I was in my 20's during the 80's glory years and that was the best time of my life. I was married became a father to 2 wonderful future skins fans and watched my skins kick everyones butt that faced them. They were a class act and a dominate team and had the support of one of the biggest fan bases ever. I agree that the 90,000 + Fanatics at the game should make FedEx the most dreadful for any team in the league to get a win. WE ARE REDSKINS FANS and I feel great when we win. Especially, when I can talk trash to all of the Ravens fan that I live around. My son will be at the game on Sun. and I know that he will be LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Join him my Redskin brothers.

Archived