Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

La Canfora says ES guys "picked a fight" with Lenny P in Tampa...

wilbur58z

I've covered more games and camps than anyone else on staff. I've conducted myself with nothing but professionalism, and I think the two instances we've been criticized (cheering for two seconds in a Dallas pressbox, and this supposed 'altercation') have been so wildly exaggerated and blown out of proportion, theres really no sense trying to factually discuss them.

I learned quickly that we weren't wanted there by most of these guys. The reasons for that have very little to do with 'us'. The reporters that cover the Redskins don't like the organization much. And I guess they view us as some sort of extension of the Skins front office. Ironic since we help run a message board where some of the most scathing, critical commentary on the running of the organization written anywhere is welcomed and encouraged.

I've also noticed that not one of these guys has ever had the balls to say a word to my face. Most of the folks that work the Redskins beat are pros - polite, good people - period. I've had some nastiness directed at me a few times, whether getting cut off in mid-question during an interview I initiated, or glared at for no apparent reason, but that mostly comes from guys like David Elfin. I never let it bother me, as I sense he hates everybody, and has general scorn for most things. I also have taken solace in the knowledge, despite the fact that we never get props from anyone outside this board for building something amazing from scratch and actually having some talent, that we are smart guys. Smarter than many of the media types we get ripped by (mostly anonymously) on the internet. And beleive me, if I wasn't professional, I'd have plenty of loud and shockingly distasteful media asides to share here that might cause much more concern for the party's in question than a brush-up with a national sportswriter who can't take a little ribbing.

In the instance in question, the only mistake Art made was expecting that the gentleman engaged would be smart enough to recognize a little light-hearted jab and accept it or reject it with a little grace and self-deprecation. Art should've known some guys just don't have it in them. Considering how much crap we've undeservedly had heaped upon us, its fortunate that we have a little thicker skin.

As for fearing 'losing the privilege', we were fans before this, we'll be fans afterwards. Whats to fear? Its a privilege we earned, and gave up a lot to experience. And we've done a hell of a job covering this team from a fan's point of view the past 2 years - again, something no one but you guys has EVER bothered saying to us.

Hey Jason, give me an effin break you pencil-neck geek.

If your "office" consists of 250 seats for media people, 250 telephones, 40 TV sets, a buffet table and about 50 stadium employees serving food and handing you stat sheets.... you better get used to a little "socializing" in that environment.

Don't pull off that pompous attitude.... you guys all gather round, rub elbows with each, tell jokes.... and share all the inside NFL gossip around the league. You guys aren't all prissy staring at your computer screens like workaholics with sweat on your brow beating deadlines by seconds.

All Art did was make a subtle little comment "Not bad for an average Joe huh?" that could have been completely ignored... or brushed off with a "yeah, good for him". Conversation over. There's nothing snide or "antogonizing" about that. Especially considering it actually referenced one of his own OWN articles.... which would be a credit that anyone actually READ it or REMEMBERED it!!!!

Lenny's response, INSTEAD, was to look at Art's credentials and blast him for being associated with the Washington Redskins organization... and his reply, his tone was WAY OVER THE TOP.... considering how innocuous Art's initial comment was... which was said softly, in jest (as he was laughing).

If your pantys are tied up that tight Jason.... I'm sorry to find out what a little b*ch you are. I guess your lady likes a feminine kind of guy.

No wonder I never see you with Wilbon's posse... you ain't man enough.

My nominee for post of the year!

Hey Jason, give me an effin break you pencil-neck geek.

If your "office" consists of 250 seats for media people, 250 telephones, 40 TV sets, a buffet table and about 50 stadium employees serving food and handing you stat sheets.... you better get used to a little "socializing" in that environment.

Don't pull off that pompous attitude.... you guys all gather round, rub elbows with each, tell jokes.... and share all the inside NFL gossip around the league. You guys aren't all prissy staring at your computer screens like workaholics with sweat on your brow beating deadlines by seconds.

All Art did was make a subtle little comment "Not bad for an average Joe huh?" that could have been completely ignored... or brushed off with a "yeah, good for him". Conversation over. There's nothing snide or "antogonizing" about that. Especially considering it actually referenced one of his own OWN articles.... which would be a credit that anyone actually READ it or REMEMBERED it!!!!

Lenny's response, INSTEAD, was to look at Art's credentials and blast him for being associated with the Washington Redskins organization... and his reply, his tone was WAY OVER THE TOP.... considering how innocuous Art's initial comment was... which was said softly, in jest (as he was laughing).

If your pantys are tied up that tight Jason.... I'm sorry to find out what a little b*ch you are. I guess your lady likes a feminine kind of guy.

No wonder I never see you with Wilbon's posse... you ain't man enough.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. :applause:

LaCanfora is a scumbag...to rush to the defense of a piece of garbage like pasquarelli is beneath contempt.

These pressbox losers want to sit in their ivory towers and toss stones without any regard for professionalism, yet they suddenly want to cry foul when held accountable for their shameless antics.

I don't think saying "Not bad for an ordinary Joe" is any sort of antagonistic provocation whatsoever.

Jason, you're an idiot and your writing sucks. Worse still you are defending one of the worst human beings in all of sports "journalism". You're a disgrace to the team you're paid to cover.

Archived