Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rosie O’Donnell: ‘Radical Christianity is Just as Threatening as Radical Islam’

StevieInferior

All radical religion sucks, I don't care which ficticious omniscient being the group believes in, they ALL suck, and they stunt the growth of civilization.

I don't want to turn this into an athesist vs radical religious thread, all I am saying is that she has a point in the terms of all religions being wacked out at the extremes.

The Christians have nutjobs just as the Muslims do, maybe not as many or not willing to extort to violence as much but there are a bunch of them out there as well. Remember the abortion clinic bombings and shootings of doctors by Christians for "gods will"? That was terrorism too, people just fail to point it out. . .

:2cents:

Another difference is that Allah supposedly rewards martyrdom with numerous virgins and Christianity does not. :rolleyes:

Dan

Yeah, but Christianity says that we are all sinners and that all sins will be forgiven if you repent to Jesus and Heaven will be granted. So, no matter what you do and to whom as long as you ask forgiveness at some point Jesus will grant it.

Yeah, but Christianity says that we are all sinners and that all sins will be forgiven if you repent to Jesus and Heaven will be granted. So, no matter what you do and to whom as long as you ask forgiveness at some point Jesus will grant it.

Yeah but Allah goes that extra bit by throwing in the 40 or 80 virgins...kinda sweetens the deal a bit. :notworthy

Dan

So if a bus full of children was stuck on the tracks and about to be struck by a train, and pushing Rosie O onto the track would stop the train and spare the kids, yet splatter her oversized useless carcass, would you do nothing and let fate run it's course, or push her with every ounce of might you could muster? :)

Is that a run on sentence or what? ;)

So if a bus full of children was stuck on the tracks and about to be struck by a train, and pushing Rosie O onto the track would stop the train and spare the kids, yet splatter her oversized useless carcass, would you do nothing and let fate run it's course, or push her with every ounce of might you could muster? :)

Is that a run on sentence or what? ;)

What is scary is you even though of that :laugh: :laugh:

Another difference is that Allah supposedly rewards martyrdom with numerous virgins and Christianity does not. :rolleyes:

Dan

ANd the message of CHrist is sacrifice (martyrdom) while the message of Islam is sacrifice while taking dirty kuffar's(unbelievers) with you in the process.

All radical religion sucks, I don't care which ficticious omniscient being the group believes in, they ALL suck, and they stunt the growth of civilization.

I don't want to turn this into an athesist vs radical religious thread, all I am saying is that she has a point in the terms of all religions being wacked out at the extremes.

The Christians have nutjobs just as the Muslims do, maybe not as many or not willing to extort to violence as much but there are a bunch of them out there as well. Remember the abortion clinic bombings and shootings of doctors by Christians for "gods will"? That was terrorism too, people just fail to point it out. . .

:2cents:

You're right. Its all about point of view. Rosie believes that "America" is represented by her views. So to her radical Christians are probably anyone who thinks homosexuality is immoral.

But don't get me wrong, there are many radical Christians. Look at Fred Phelps. Fortunately there are probably only a few thousand at the most though, while Islam has about 350 million radicals. :2cents:

I'm not even sure I understand her comment.

Just reading her actual words quoted there: "radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America" - that is an awkward way to say something.

We are all assuming that she meant: "Radical Christians are as violent as Radical Muslims" or something like that.

But what if she meant: "In America (where there are lots of Christians and not many Muslims) Radical Christians are just as "threatening" as Radical Muslims. The Radical Christians (by their sheer numbers) have a good chance of taking away our freedoms (but are unlikely to commit violence on us), while the Radical Muslims have no chance of taking away our freedoms (because they are so few) but still have a chance of hurting us with violence (worse, but less likely).

What are the odds that the handful of words listed in this story have some additional context, context that this newsbuster.org right wing blog didn't bother to discuss? Anyone else see what I am talking about?

With that said, she is an idiot who should shut up. :)

You're right. Its all about point of view. Rosie believes that "America" is represented by her views. So to her radical Christians are probably anyone who thinks homosexuality is immoral.

But don't get me wrong, there are many radical Christians. Look at Fred Phelps. Fortunately there are probably only a few thousand at the most though, while Islam has about 350 million radicals. :2cents:

I have to take note of your numbers, and I know you were being facetious to make a point, but I think language like that does a disservice to everyone.

As for radical christians in the US, I would recon that a few hundred thousand could fall into that catagory, as people who would cause harm to another human to further their ideological agenda. That is just here in the US though, as there are many others around the world.

For radical Muslims, I would put the number in the 10-20million catagory, but that number is increasing exponentially because of what we have done over the past few years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zguy28

But don't get me wrong, there are many radical Christians. Look at Fred Phelps. Fortunately there are probably only a few thousand at the most though, while Islam has about 350 million radicals. twocents.gif

Curious where you got that figure, 350 million.

Using his christian calculator. :laugh:

Dan

I have to take note of your numbers, and I know you were being facetious to make a point, but I think language like that does a disservice to everyone.

As for radical christians in the US, I would recon that a few hundred thousand could fall into that catagory, as people who would cause harm to another human to further their ideological agenda. That is just here in the US though, as there are many others around the world.

For radical Muslims, I would put the number in the 10-20million catagory, but that number is increasing exponentially because of what we have done over the past few years.

I was pretty much taking an educated guess since I'm a mainline evangelical christian (So. Baptist).
Curious where you got that figure, 350 million.
That's 15% of the Muslim population. I heard it in an interview with Walid Shoebat (former Jihadee) a while back.

Yeah but Allah goes that extra bit by throwing in the 40 or 80 virgins...kinda sweetens the deal a bit. :notworthy

Dan

Well it's 72 virgins and a river of wine. You see, this was Allah's insult to muslims. By giving them a river of wine, he is reaffirming that they are so ugly that even in heaven they got to get their women drunk to sleep with them

Agreed. Thank goodness the radical Christians seemed to evolved beyond lynchings for the most part. Though, I still read about Christians going to gay bars to look for fights, murdering doctors, and acting pretty ugly every so often. Still, comparing the violence of Islamists to Christians is like comparing an elephant to an ant.

exactly, radical christianity moved on. they used to be a real threat in oh, let's say... the crusades. but nowadays, what we consider to be extreme christianity used to be mild christianity. they have adapted to societal changes.

I was pretty much taking an educated guess since I'm a mainline evangelical christian (So. Baptist).

That's 15% of the Muslim population. I heard it in an interview with Walid Shoebat (former Jihadee) a while back.

right there are over 3.5 billion muslims in the world...:doh: There aren't more then 1.5 billion muslims in the world. And of those only up 25 million can be defined as "radical." I used to be muslim so I would know. You wouldn't.

right there are over 3.5 billion muslims in the world...:doh: There aren't more then 1.5 billion muslims in the world. And of those only up 25 million can be defined as "radical." I used to be muslim so I would know. You wouldn't.
Used to be? I thought it was like the mafia or the CIA, you never leave. :)

Yes I was wrong, I meant 300 million, not 350. 300 million is 15% of 2 Billion, which is what I was basing it on. Thanks for the math lesson, that's what I get for relying on memory.

So according to the CIA world fact book, in 2004 there were 1.3 Billion. I imagine its closer to your 1.5 billion two years later.

By the way, have you seen the documentary Obsession?

Archived