Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attention all members!!

CHUBAKAH

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, it appears I ran afoul of the law again. I honestly had no idea about the fact that text is part of the sig size limit. I guess that's why we're supposed to read the rules...one of these days I'm really going to have to start listening to Mrs. '06. She's always telling me to read the directions for things :rolleyes:

I will change it right away. However, does anyone have any idea how many pixels each line of text equates to??

Sorry, but I guess I suck at the internets. :)

Hey guys, it appears I ran afoul of the law again. I honestly had no idea about the fact that text is part of the sig size limit. I guess that's why we're supposed to read the rules...one of these days I'm really going to have to start listening to Mrs. '06. She's always telling me to read the directions for things :rolleyes:

I will change it right away. However, does anyone have any idea how many pixels each line of text equates to??

Sorry, but I guess I suck at the internets. :)

That depends on the text size.

:D

About 3 to 4 not including spacing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
do you wanna kleenex chubakah, there are better things you can do with your time.

Ah, "the more things change......." Why am I not surprised to see this type of response again?

This is the very reason why some have become disenchanted with ES, even when the responsible members try to offer a friendly piece of advice to keep things in line there is always someone who has to make a snotty reply.

Did it ever occur to some of you that there are members here that actually respect this site and the crew that keeps it going? Not just like it, not just enjoy coming by but genuinely respect everything that goes into making ES what it is?

It takes very little effort to go back into the archives and see the same type of positive action by members drawing the same type of response. It is a chronic problem, and like most one that is addressed in the forum rules quite clearly, those very same rules that we were all steered to at the beginning.

The mods have suggested for years that the members make an attempt to lend a hand when necessary to make suggestions in a pleasant and worthwhile fashion if they notice something that is amiss. The members themselves have repeatedly offered their help in doing so so that the mods might address more important concerns and, dare I say it?, have the chance to enjoy being here themselves (gasp!).

Chewy? I appreciate you making this thread originally and bumping it again when it was necessary, and even more so I respect the fact that you haven't become so cynical about the attempt that you simply throw up your hands and write it off as a lost cause.

Ah, "the more things change......." Why am I not surprised to see this type of response again?

This is the very reason why some have become disenchanted with ES, even when the responsible members try to offer a friendly piece of advice to keep things in line there is always someone who has to make a snotty reply.

Did it ever occur to some of you that there are members here that actually respect this site and the crew that keeps it going? Not just like it, not just enjoy coming by but genuinely respect everything that goes into making ES what it is?

It takes very little effort to go back into the archives and see the same type of positive action by members drawing the same type of response. It is a chronic problem, and like most one that is addressed in the forum rules quite clearly, those very same rules that we were all steered to at the beginning.

The mods have suggested for years that the members make an attempt to lend a hand when necessary to make suggestions in a pleasant and worthwhile fashion if they notice something that is amiss. The members themselves have repeatedly offered their help in doing so so that the mods might address more important concerns and, dare I say it?, have the chance to enjoy being here themselves (gasp!).

Chewy? I appreciate you making this thread originally and bumping it again when it was necessary, and even more so I respect the fact that you haven't become so cynical about the attempt that you simply throw up your hands and write it off as a lost cause.

Great post LD!!! And as always thanks Chewy!!! I still love my sig that you made for me way back when!

I hate to be the forum double-posting police, but I have noticed a huge amount of double posts starting to show up in this thread.

Seriously though, ALL signatures are annoying...yes even the little moving flags, Tony Stewart Banners, and pictures of Moss in the crowd, no matter how big and small, ALL sigs are annoying.

My signature is the exact size allowed on this forum, however you sir are in violation of the rules set forth on this forum, and are EXACTLY what I am talking about. Your signature is at 200 pixels tall, and then you have added in a line of text, which is the violation. Read the rule again.

Sorry if some of you feel I am being a hard ass, but the rules are in place for a reason.

I know this, because it was me who came up with the size limits...

Thanks for the enforcement chewy. Some people dont appreciate the countless hours that you spend reviewing everyones posts. Is there any chance we can come up with some sort of name for this mission. Perhaps Operation "I have too much time on my hands and need to find something better to do."

Good luck with your Firings

do you wanna kleenex chubakah, there are better things you can do with your time.

The ES staff tends to appreciate when members do what Chewey did, and yes, this staff has long asked properly informed members to do such things. :)

The ES staff tends to do not appreciate responses like this to such efforts. :mad:

<smileys inserted to enhance clarity of communication>

Thanks for the enforcement chewy. Some people dont appreciate the countless hours that you spend reviewing everyones posts. Is there any chance we can come up with some sort of name for this mission. Perhaps Operation "I have too much time on my hands and need to find something better to do."

Good luck with your Firings

Got an idea Chip, take a little time to read-only for awhile. :) Reflect on this matter to see if you can achieve some new understanding that will enhance your ES connection. :)

PM me in a few days and we'll see how it went. :cheers:

My signature is the exact size allowed on this forum, however you sir are in violation of the rules set forth on this forum, and are EXACTLY what I am talking about. Your signature is at 200 pixels tall, and then you have added in a line of text, which is the violation. Read the rule again.

Sorry if some of you feel I am being a hard ass, but the rules are in place for a reason.

I know this, because it was me who came up with the size limits...

Actually "It was I" :rolleyes:

I hate to be the forum double-posting police, but I have noticed a huge amount of double posts starting to show up in this thread.

Seriously though, ALL signatures are annoying...yes even the little moving flags, Tony Stewart Banners, and pictures of Moss in the crowd, no matter how big and small, ALL sigs are annoying.

I love the sigs, some of them are very funny and clever, love the hot girl sigs. Don't understand why it matters how big they are. As long as they aren't HUGE. Whatever. I still can't figure out how to make one, so I won't be breaking this law.

Yet you have a sig thus making you annoying. :D

Archived