Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attention all members!!

CHUBAKAH

Taken from my 2005 thread, it's time again as so many people are breaking this rule!

Ladies and Gentleman,

I hate to be the forum signature police, but I have noticed a huge amount of signatures starting to show up over the limit size. The rules are plainly posted for everyone to see. I can completely understand how some Cowboy fans can not grasp the simple concept, but for the Redskin fans on board you have been told about this repeatedly.

Here are the rules once again for those of you who are new to the board:

15. Please maintain respectable size signatures within the limitations set herein.

Maintaining reasonable size signatures minimizes the amount of load time needed to access a given page. Furthermore, it reduces the amount of excessive scrolling required of users perusing threads. Signatures should not exceed 550 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. These dimensions are not a guideline, they are a rule. It is the standard dimension for the entire signature size a member can use. Regardless of the quantity of photos posted, the sum area of all the photos must not exceed the stated size limitations. In addition, signatures should not contain any more than 10 lines of text. The sum total of the height (ie. 200 pixels) INCLUDES text or any combination of images and text.

An example is provided below:

sig_pic_size.gif

One thing that I see being broken is people are adding in text after they already have a picture that is at the limit. Please re-read the rules above as they are not a guideline.

Let’s keep this board as beautiful as possible people!

Geez.

Love you to death Chewy but what is this all about ?

Let the mods police this issue. They are reading thread after thread all day, same as you and I. Use the report icon if it really bothers you.

Seems to me that since the merger that rule is used more as a guideline than as a hard set rule.

I am more upset about the pathetic showing of Todd Collins, than I am about the size of someones sig.

your pic is the right size.... however the space under your pic to your pretty little gold line in addition to your pic isn't. how is this different than the people who add text that you speak of? technically your sig is from the white line down to the gold line... which exceeds the limit size. :doh: right back at ya...

Yeah Chubakah, it looks to me like your sig is fine, but your sig area is larger than standard.

Yeah Chubakah, it looks to me like your sig is fine, but your sig area is larger than standard.

that's what i thought at first but after editing a post i noticed that the gold line gets added automatically to your post so it's not part of his sig.

My signature is the exact size allowed on this forum, however you sir are in violation of the rules set forth on this forum, and are EXACTLY what I am talking about. Your signature is at 200 pixels tall, and then you have added in a line of text, which is the violation. Read the rule again.

Sorry if some of you feel I am being a hard ass, but the rules are in place for a reason.

I know this, because it was me who came up with the size limits...

...I hope Im not breaking the rules...

And again, not trying to be a hard ass, but yes, with the lines of text you are adding in, you are at 211 pixles high, which may not seem like much, but you are in fact breaking the rule.

:( Sorry

5 members in this thread so far, and already we have two people in violation. Perhaps you can see where this is going now?

My signature is the exact size allowed on this forum, however you sir are in violation of the rules set forth on this forum, and are EXACTLY what I am talking about. Your signature is at 200 pixels tall, and then you have added in a line of text, which is the violation. Read the rule again.

Sorry if some of you feel I am being a hard ass, but the rules are in place for a reason.

I know this, because it was me who came up with the size limits...

Like Wicked99 said, it's the editing that made your sig look too big. I've removed my text, hope you can sleep better at night...

Shouldnt sig be total area ?

His sig is taller but not wider or vice versa.

His sig is 299x200.

How much space does 20 spaces of text take up ?

I understand your reasoning Chewy and respect your position. I simply dont understand why if these posters (to use 53 as an example) havent been warned by one of the mods over the course of time that he has had that sig if it was really that important anymore.

EDIT: Not trying to be difficult really just asking. :cheers:

53 just edited his sig Skinsterps to get within the guidelines.

While this may seem petty to you, with all the other problems the mods have to deal with, I’ve just taken it upon myself Again to try and help.

If you and others would rather just have me have the mods ban signature privileges, then hey, we can go that route as well.

EDIT:

I think the rule is clearly stated

Signatures should not exceed 550 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. These dimensions are not a guideline, they are a rule.

To some, this may seem petty, but I completely agree. I don't have a sig and I have actually turned off the UserCP option to show signatures because before this rule it was pretty bad.

Again, I agree with the sentiment here, thanks for the "policing" Chewy!

Reading someone trying to tell Chewy about the sig size rule reminded me of the reporter asking Colin Powell how he could claim air superiority during Gulf I. To which he explained, "Because I wrote the definition of it." :laugh:

Thanks Chewy, for helping to make this site the best looking one around.

Geez.

Love you to death Chewy but what is this all about ?

Let the mods police this issue. They are reading thread after thread all day, same as you and I. Use the report icon if it really bothers you.

Seems to me that since the merger that rule is used more as a guideline than as a hard set rule.

I am more upset about the pathetic showing of Todd Collins, than I am about the size of someones sig.

Certainly no offense to you skinsandterps, but you are on the wrong side of the fence on this :)

And we are constantly having to address sig violations.

We absolutely LOVE posts like this one from Chuie.

Actually, what we wish wouldn't happen are the posts from people who have been around awhile, suggesing that other long-time members should NOT help police the forum.

We WANT them to help like this. When I arrived here, I noticed early on that the mods REGULARLY asked members to help police the forum. We still do. I am frankly baffled as to how many people who have been here awhile still do not get that.

Members reminding other members (without being rude) to do a search before starting a new thread, or not to quote large blocks of text, or check their sig size, or post to the right forum, or refer to any other rules, are doing a GOOD thing, and we thank you and we remember it. :D

Discouraging them or putting them down when they do that, we look at as doing a BAD thing. :laugh:

Hopefully, at least a few who didn't understand that after all this time, got it this time. :)

Archived