Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attention all members!!

CHUBAKAH

And to add to what Jumbo said, we have lightened up a great deal on the sig violations. In the past, if you had an oversize sig, it would be removed, and you completely lost the right to have on.

Now, the mean old staff goes by the three strike rule. I personally remove at lest 7 or 8 sigs a week.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

As beautiful as possible? Is that a joke? Your post is one of the ugliest I've ever seen on a message board anywhere.

PLEASE follow Rule 11. Your compliance is appreciated. ~ihs

Get's the point across though doesn't it? Though I'm thinking that maybe that post of yours wasn't exactly the most attractive seen either. Getting to be a trend. Something to pay attention to I would think.

As beautiful as possible? Is that a joke? Your post is one of the ugliest I've ever seen on a message board anywhere.

PLEASE follow Rule 11. Your compliance is appreciated. ~ihs

Sol, I missed this before the edit, but I did have Inmate talk to :fortune:Ms. Cleo:fortune: for me. She said that if a certain someone's tone doesn't change soon, that they'd need to find a new home.

Geez.

Love you to death Chewy but what is this all about ?

Let the mods police this issue. They are reading thread after thread all day, same as you and I. Use the report icon if it really bothers you.

Seems to me that since the merger that rule is used more as a guideline than as a hard set rule.

I am more upset about the pathetic showing of Todd Collins, than I am about the size of someones sig.

i think he has something on his nose :silly:

Certainly no offense to you skinsandterps, but you are on the wrong side of the fence on this :)

And we are constantly having to address sig violations.

We absolutely LOVE posts like this one from Chuie.

Actually, what we wish wouldn't happen are the posts from people who have been around awhile, suggesing that other long-time members should NOT help police the forum.

We WANT them to help like this. When I arrived here, I noticed early on that the mods REGULARLY asked members to help police the forum. We still do. I am frankly baffled as to how many people who have been here awhile still do not get that.

Members reminding other members (without being rude) to do a search before starting a new thread, or not to quote large blocks of text, or check their sig size, or post to the right forum, or refer to any other rules, are doing a GOOD thing, and we thank you and we remember it. :D

Discouraging them or putting them down when they do that, we look at as doing a BAD thing. :laugh:

Hopefully, at least a few who didn't understand that after all this time, got it this time. :)

I disagree with you on this one. There is a simple of way of helping and there is a way of going overboard on this. The act in itself is fine just the presentation was not.

So.. You would rather have your sig privilege taken away then have a fellow ES member clarify the rule for you?

:rolleyes: Got it.

Ummm. I fixed my sig after Chubakah said something. Didn't you catch that?

Also, I meant to add a smiley to that post so I wouldn't sound so much like an *******, but I forgot....so Chubakah, here ya go:

:)

Ummm. I fixed my sig after Chubakah said something. Didn't you catch that?

Also, I meant to add a smiley to that post so I wouldn't sound so much like an *******, but I forgot....so Chubakah, here ya go:

:)

I caught that. It was your "I hope you sleep better at night" part that I was replying to mostly. Smilies go a long way and can turn any post from sarcastic to serious. You admitted to forgetting the smilie. No harm no foul. :cheers:

Sol, I missed this before the edit, but I did have Inmate talk to :fortune:Ms. Cleo:fortune: for me. She said that if a certain someone's tone doesn't change soon, that they'd need to find a new home.

And as we both know, Ms. Cleo is more often right than wrong, something like 99.5% of the time...

I caught that. It was your "I hope you sleep better at night" part that I was replying to mostly. Smilies go a long way and can turn any post from sarcastic to serious. You admitted to forgetting the smilie. No harm no foul. :cheers:

Amen. Nice sig by the way....I hope he returns soon.

:cheers:

Reading someone trying to tell Chewy about the sig size rule reminded me of the reporter asking Colin Powell how he could claim air superiority during Gulf I. To which he explained, "Because I wrote the definition of it." :laugh:

:laugh:

:cheers:

It's getting to be stressful just reading the boards lately.

Wanting things right is a good thing, I just sincerely hope these types of threads do not become commonplace.

Would be a bummer to read a thread every single day by a non-mod lecturing about his pet peeve.

Yes we can read another board, but remember, we can read another board.

Look, this thread was started to help all of us remember the rules. Everytime something like this is posted, some members get all upset and blast the very person who is trying to make the board better. Lets just read, comprehend, and follow the rules. It will make for an even better home! HTTR!

Archived