Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randle El overrated?

gostanford

"Who has been signed by the Redskins since 2004 that has sucked and underachieved?"

uhhhh...Holdman?!!

maybe....Walt Harris?

perhaps...Ralph Brown?

possibly...Mike Barrow?

errrrr.....Brian Kozlowski?

except for one play...Antonio Brown?

well....Tony Dixon?

right on...

Which day of practice was this? I know for a fact that there were a few problems during the night practice. Because of the extreme heat we have been happening, when the temperature drops in the evening, the humidty goes up(and things get wet). I remember hearing from a number of players that things were fairly slick out there, so that could easily explain some of the drops on night practices.

Who has been signed by the Redskins since 2004 that has sucked and underachieved?

David Patten. Brunnel (stunk in '04 and while good in '05, I don't think he's played to the level he's been paid), Casey Rabach (second in penalty yards allowed by centers in '05). You could make a case for Portis as well considering how far below his numbers are from his years in Denver.

Rich.........

ARE is here to stretch the field sideline to sideline... Moss and Lloydd will be the deep threats, but Randel El will be there to catch the short stuff and keep Linebackers and Safeties heads on a pivot. Patten is decent, but he doesn't have the speed of Moss, the size of Lloydd, or the magic of ARE. He's a good player and I'm glad we have him though.

Sign him up as our new Player personnel director. :laugh:

seriously, one two hour practice the first week of training camp is the not the defining test of a players ability.

We have know what he's done in college and a pro up to now, and I would give him at least a complete season with the Skins before I would even begin rate his value to the Redskins

I love catching skins fans conversing amongst themselves. They say the darndest things! This is when the real stuff comes out! I'm always lurking bubba! :laugh:

I was at training camp the other day and I saw ARE drop quite a few EASY passes. I really think people think too much of him just because of what he did in the super bowl and in the bengals game... I actually think Patten should be #3 and Randle El #4... sure hes got speed... but his pass catching ability isn't good enough in my opinion.

You know, I remember seeing one of our coaches salivate at the thought of ARE matching up against opposing teams' nickelbacks and LB's. You would think, especially after watching the guy in practice and watching his game film, that our coaches would be able to pick up on simple things, like the fact that ARE can't catch a football.

Man, our coaches suck. :(

You could make a case for Portis as well considering how far below his numbers are from his years in Denver.

That's going to be a hard one, seeing how he now holds the team record for yards.

And for Craig -- 1.) They saw college tape of Shuler, sure. 2.) Don't recall Gibbs watching that tape. ;^)

I can tell you that the redskins aren't paying him money to sit there and be brought in on gadget plays. They want him to play and if that means they have to play him at the 2 slot, then that is what they are going to do. He might even get some special teams looks would be my guess as well. I doubt patten will be on top of ARE.

I can tell you that the redskins aren't paying him money to sit there and be brought in on gadget plays. They want him to play and if that means they have to play him at the 2 slot, then that is what they are going to do. He might even get some special teams looks would be my guess as well. I doubt patten will be on top of ARE.

You're right man, plus, not that he can help it or anything but missing the first week or so of camp with this meningitis isn't helping him either in the runnings

"Who has been signed by the Redskins since 2004 that has sucked and underachieved?"

uhhhh...Holdman?!!

maybe....Walt Harris?

perhaps...Ralph Brown?

possibly...Mike Barrow?

well....Tony Dixon?

You proved my point. None of those were huge signings and none really sucked compared to expectations. Barrow should have been very good but he got injured. Not exactly my idea of sucking and underachieving. Brunell sucked in 04, but he was injured too. Name some starters instead of listing the nobodies that we picked up after no other team showed interest.

What I remember from 2004 was all the complaining about the players we overpaid. Griffen, Washington, Daniels, etc. Last year it was Moss who was overpaid, right? This year it's Randel el and Arch. Another season, another list of **** for whiners to complain about.

uhhhh...Holdman?!!

maybe....Walt Harris?

perhaps...Ralph Brown?

possibly...Mike Barrow?

well....Tony Dixon?

Come on, none of those guys were big name players other than Barrow. And he got injured. They were pretty much all guys we just decided to give a shot. ARE is a proven vet that we put alot of money into.

David Patten. Brunnel (stunk in '04 and while good in '05, I don't think he's played to the level he's been paid), Casey Rabach (second in penalty yards allowed by centers in '05). You could make a case for Portis as well considering how far below his numbers are from his years in Denver.

Rich.........

I've seen that case made before by the rare specimen. It carries immediate negation of any intellectual credibility the presenter was ever hoping to establish. Welcome to that select group.

Rich.........

All 3 of those guys are major upgrades over the scrubs they replaced. Brunell should have been in the Pro Bowl since he had the 2nd or 3rd best numbers in the conference, same with Portis. Rabach isn't paid as an elite lineman and shouldn't be expected to play as one in his first season on the team but he is still much better than the revolving doors we had at center in 04.

Nice reach though. I mean, nothing like in 2000 when you could list every signing as a bust, but good try.

I hope you remember this thread when Randle El is running into the endzone vs. Minnesota week 1

Thats definitely possible... but just because a player scores a touchdown doesnt mean hes amazing. Robert Royal scored a few TDs last year.. but he was horrible overall

BTW- I doubt he will score anyway

uhhhh...Holdman?!!

maybe....Walt Harris?

perhaps...Ralph Brown?

possibly...Mike Barrow?

well....Tony Dixon?

Walt harris didn't underachieve. he was brought in as the nickel, behind smoot. he was forced into starting after smooty left. but when rogers took up his won, harris was fine.

barrow? he didn't even suit up for us. not that thats any better than underachieving, but you can't call it that.

kozlowski was brought in as a blocking TE, what the hell did oyu expect?

that one play gave us teh lead against the cards. tha score gave us teh first of 6 wins.

I love catching skins fans conversing amongst themselves. They say the darndest things! This is when the real stuff comes out! I'm always lurking bubba! :laugh:

more like stalking :paranoid:

enlighten me, what is the point of your mindless quip? :whoknows:

you do go the long way around trying to make a point.... or I assume that is what you are trying to do.

uhhhh...Holdman?!!

maybe....Walt Harris?

perhaps...Ralph Brown?

possibly...Mike Barrow?

well....Tony Dixon?

Maybe two names on that list were paid above the minimum, RALPH BRWON :doh:...talk about reaching to find something to complain about.

Harris first year he played great in the role of Nickel back, but when forced to start, he was exposed.

Kozo was a veteran brought in as a backup, blocking TE..... and did his job

Tony Dixon???? did he even get any money for the brief time he was in camp :laugh:

Barlow, injured, Holdman started 7 games, and played in the rest, not great but underachieved? He was signed as a backup to begin with, and was coming off a serious injury while in Cleveland. He was a weak link last season... but I can't say he underachieved, in the same sense as being applied in this thread.

Maybe if you said David Patten, you might have gotten a better response. Even though he was injured, and Moss total dropped when he got hurt, his production before being injured was not very good for the amount he signed for.

Archived