Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randle El overrated?

gostanford

You know, I remember seeing one of our coaches salivate at the thought of ARE matching up against opposing teams' nickelbacks and LB's. You would think, especially after watching the guy in practice and watching his game film, that our coaches would be able to pick up on simple things, like the fact that ARE can't catch a football.

Man, our coaches suck. :([/

Now I've heard it all. :doh:

patten will be #3... el.... #4

I haven't been to camp (I'm in San Fran) but it sounds like Espy is crushing some of the field out there...while I heard Patten had been rocking for a while I think the virus might set him too far back (although his contract might keep him in the top 4 WR's)...if Espy is as good as what's been reported, I'd say Jacobs and Farris' days are certainly numbered.

While there were flashes of brilliance, I would consider Matt Bowen an underacheiver...not a bust...he didn't suck...but I expected a lot more...anyone else agree??

Oh...and I'm sorry to say Taylor Jacobs...

but I can't recall if both of those players were signed before or after 2004...but it was close...

it's 5 am here in San Fran...my brain isn't awake yet!

He'll be putting the ball down in your end zone plenty.

suuuure:rolleyes:

whatever you say, this from a guy that caught two td's all of last season and 1 was in the opener...

he did have 2 returns for TD's so hey a guy that had 4 TD's in 16 games is going to have plenty of scores in the two against Dallas......

:koolaid:

You know, I remember seeing one of our coaches salivate at the thought of ARE matching up against opposing teams' nickelbacks and LB's. You would think, especially after watching the guy in practice and watching his game film, that our coaches would be able to pick up on simple things, like the fact that ARE can't catch a football.

Man, our coaches suck. :([/

Now I've heard it all. :doh:

:laugh:

I hope you didn't sign onto ES just to write that - my post was intended to be sarcastic. Anyway, wlecome to the boards...

:cheers:

Randle El, is a option player. He has many talents other than catching the football as a receiver. Remeber, he passed for a touchdown in the Superbowl. He is a fantastic special teams player, and can play quarterback if he had to in an emergency.

Let the man setlle in, and find his groove here guys. I think you will see some big plays from him, starting early in the season.

suuuure:rolleyes:

whatever you say, this from a guy that caught two td's all of last season and 1 was in the opener...

he did have 2 returns for TD's so hey a guy that had 4 TD's in 16 games is going to have plenty of scores in the two against Dallas......

:koolaid:

To be honest your team will have to score some points on our D for him to even have to. We seemed to do fine with just Cooley and Moss who outscored your entire team 5TD's to 2TD's in the 2 games. Hell, Betts and Sellers equalled Glenn and Witten and you would have been blown out 35-0 if not for the team laying off in garbage time. :D :D :D How's the Koolaid now?

I was at training camp the other day and I saw ARE drop quite a few EASY passes. I really think people think too much of him just because of what he did in the super bowl and in the bengals game... I actually think Patten should be #3 and Randle El #4... sure hes got speed... but his pass catching ability isn't good enough in my opinion.
Randel El certainly has achieved much more than the Bengals/Superbowl game and if you followed him at all you would know that. That being said ARE is a total X-factor type of player. 1 game he will appear non existent the next he seems to dominate, with all of our weapons he will probably continue this trend thus making us harder to game plan for.

He'll do fine this year. I think we'll see more from him then we've ever seen before. His responsibilities with us will increase. I predict his game will rise similar to what Santana did when he came from the Jets. I would also like to remind everybody that practice and game time can be completely differrent. Yes practice is important. But trust me, you really start to evaluate guys when they match up against other teams. We just need to calm down and let the season handle itself.

He's only gotten significant playing time in the last 2 years. The Steelers were dead last in pass attempts for both of those years. Hines Ward didn't even get 1000 yards last year, and he barely got 1000 in 2004. Plax had less than 700 yards in 2004.

His stats are pretty good considering the lack of opportunities he gets.

People were saying Moss was a #2 WR at best based on his stats, and Moss gave the same reason. (The Jets were 30th in pass attempts for 2004.)

Even if Randle El is the #2 WR and he gets 500-600 yards, that is still a major improvement. If he does it as a #3 (like in 2004), that's even better.

Randle El is a very solid player...but I never understood why the Redskins paid what they did to get him...especially when he is probably nothing more than a #3 WR for you.

Here is exactly why the Steelers drafted ARE.

His 40 time was good...but not lightning fast....

But when timed running a 40...sideways (ie facing forward....and running laterally) his 40 time was the exact same time....nobody does that....everyone is slower running sideways....but ARE was right there.

That being said...I think ARE is solid...and will put up ok numbers with the skins....his real value will be if he takes 2 punts to the house.

HACK

Why're you always so condescending? boxing.gif

especially when he has no reason to be :laugh:

I like how he always tries to allude to something without having the balls to come out and say it. Of course if he did, he would be horse laughed for making stuff up. :laugh:

I've seen that case made before by the rare specimen. It carries immediate negation of any intellectual credibility the presenter was ever hoping to establish. Welcome to that select group.

:laugh: :rotflmao:

Man my house was so humid until I read that, your wit so dry and harsh it sucked the moisture right out of the room!

But when timed running a 40...sideways (ie facing forward....and running laterally) his 40 time was the exact same time....nobody does that....everyone is slower running sideways....but ARE was right there.

That being said...I think ARE is solid...and will put up ok numbers with the skins....his real value will be if he takes 2 punts to the house.

HACK

I'm sorry man but NOBODY I mean NOBODY runs a 40 sideways the same speed they run it from a sprinting position. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.

Gentlemen

Get a grip.

I'm not a big believer in stats, but does anyone have El's numbers on punt return average? Maybe yards per catch? I believe that he had 35 catches last year, not many chances really. Yards after catch? Total yards?

As for his salary, small minds worry about what others are being paid before they understand the contribution that is being compensated.

I personally will wait until I see how he is used and how he performs beforeI express an opinion.

Cheers

Archived