Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randle El overrated?

gostanford

I was at training camp the other day and I saw ARE drop quite a few EASY passes. I really think people think too much of him just because of what he did in the super bowl and in the bengals game... I actually think Patten should be #3 and Randle El #4... sure hes got speed... but his pass catching ability isn't good enough in my opinion.

I dont agree with the people saying Patten will take over the #3 spot. No matter who says what theres always politics. Randle-El being paid what he is would probably cause a big thing through the media about not getting enough balls and what not. On top of that, I think he is better suited for the number 3 spot anyways. He'll constantly be matched up against a nickelback and will rarely have to worry about safety help with Moss and Lloyd on the outside. I'm kinda nervous though about our wideouts. In Randle-El's press conference he was very quick and firm when saying he was brought here to be the #2 wideout. I hope theres no controversy this season with those guys. Everyone should get their fair share.

I saw him today at camp and I didn't see him drop any passes. He will be number 3. the play calling you can make with him in the game almost gurantees the number 3 slot. teams have to respect the reverse and if it goes to him even the throw. And I still have yet to see patten do anything to take the spot from him. And we didn't pay that much for a #4

I dont agree with the people saying Patten will take over the #3 spot. No matter who says what theres always politics. Randle-El being paid what he is would probably cause a big thing through the media about not getting enough balls and what not. On top of that, I think he is better suited for the number 3 spot anyways. He'll constantly be matched up against a nickelback and will rarely have to worry about safety help with Moss and Lloyd on the outside. I'm kinda nervous though about our wideouts. In Randle-El's press conference he was very quick and firm when saying he was brought here to be the #2 wideout. I hope theres no controversy this season with those guys. Everyone should get their fair share.

I'm pretty sure El said he was brought here to "start" didn't he? That is what he said on the NFL network, post press conference. Did he actually say #2? We'll he'd have to be stupid to think he is a better #2 than B-Lloyd.

ARE is like a mini Warrick Dunn playing WR to me, he may not have the spectacular catches and the burner speed but once the ball is in his hands - watch the hell out because he can take it the distance any time he wants to.

Dude Patten is not better than ARE. Not at ALL.

I'm pretty sure El said he was brought here to "start" didn't he? That is what he said on the NFL network, post press conference.

ARE is like a mini Warrick Dunn playing WR to me, he may not have the spectacular catches and the burner speed but once the ball is in his hands - watch the hell out because he can take it the distance any time he wants to.

Dude Patten is not better than ARE. Not at ALL.

I never said he was better. I was just saying I dont think things would ever work out to where Randle-El would be the 4th wideout, no matter how good Patten looks. Randle-El will end up doing alot of damage as the slot where he can do just about anything except punt the ball...:laugh:

As far as the press conference, he did say he was told he was going to be the #2 wideout. Thats what was kinda worryin me.

I never said he was better. I was just saying I dont think things would ever work out to where Randle-El would be the 4th wideout, no matter how good Patten looks. Randle-El will end up doing alot of damage as the slot where he can do just about anything except punt the ball...:laugh:

As far as the press conference, he did say he was told he was going to be the #2 wideout. Thats what was kinda worryin me.

Yo, if ARE did a drop kick in the redzone next year, I wouldn't be surprised. I love watching Randle El juke guys out, it is so funny - he makes more guy's lose their jock each season than a poorly trained equipment intern.

When did we trade for Brandon?

Yo, if ARE did a drop kick in the redzone next year, I wouldn't be surprised. I love watching Randle El juke guys out, it is so funny - he makes more guy's lose their jock each season than a poorly trained equipment intern.

When did we trade for Brandon?

I'm not sure as to exactly when but both guys knew they were being courted. They both were at the Wizards game together with Archuletta, remember?

Theory: Maybe that #82 jersey still has some of Antonio Brown's soul attached to it....was it the pre-season game last year when he dropped like 4-5 balls? Man....then the fumble vs. the Bears in week 1.....seriously, ARE better have a priest stop by Ashburn and sprinkle some of that Holy Water on his jersey to get the demons out....

Yeah, I used to think the same thing about practice. If these guys are dropping passes without people ready to maul them, how good can they be? But, all QBs are going to throw with different velocity, angles, and spin. That is what continuity is all about. Once the starters are set, there will be a rythm, and I think Skins recievers will kick some ass. I saw something on the idiot box not too long ago, and even Jerry Rice said it was an adjustment going from Montana to Young, just because Young threw left handed. They'll be fine.

Sign him up as our new Player personnel director. :laugh:

seriously, one two hour practice the first week of training camp is the not the defining test of a players ability.

We have know what he's done in college and a pro up to now, and I would give him at least a complete season with the Skins before I would even begin rate his value to the Redskins

"Who has been signed by the Redskins since 2004 that has sucked and underachieved?"

uhhhh...Holdman?!!

maybe....Walt Harris?

perhaps...Ralph Brown?

possibly...Mike Barrow?

errrrr.....Brian Kozlowski?

except for one play...Antonio Brown?

well....Tony Dixon?

Archived