Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randle El overrated?

gostanford

:laugh:

I hope you didn't sign onto ES just to write that - my post was intended to be sarcastic. Anyway, wlecome to the boards...

:cheers:

Now that's class... well done. I also thought your post was amusing (I find myself wondering if certain people just don't really get sarcasm- no offense moose! welcome to the club!), so again, well done.

"Who has been signed by the Redskins since 2004 that has sucked and underachieved?"

uhhhh...Holdman?!!

maybe....Walt Harris?

perhaps...Ralph Brown?

possibly...Mike Barrow?

errrrr.....Brian Kozlowski?

except for one play...Antonio Brown?

well....Tony Dixon?

Where are those guys? Geee....I don't see 'em anywhere. Holdman didn't contribute but he didn't lose games or huge assignments in games last year. I think he's underachieved, but he's still a great player, you'll see. Besides him, where are those other players? Right, you got it....gone. You're trying to make a point with scrubs from the last two years and you can only name a handful...you're not making a very strong case, are you?

So hey Mr. 18 year old kid who started the thread, where you playing college ball this fall? I figured since you know so much more than Gibbs and co. about Randle El you'd enlighten us with your expertise as to why one practice heavily outweighs a professional's overall re'sume'. I missed balls, baskets, and assignments in sports and I'm not playing professionally, but then again I guess one of the reasons is because I didn't help a professional football franchise win a Super Bowl Ring last year :whoknows: Give the guy a chance Pee Wee ;)

HTTR!

Youre not a speller.

In order to be 'overrated' people must say that you are good, or above really good.

I never hear the media saying ARE is great, they just say he is versatile. That's it.

You hit it right on the head :applause: .

It really isn't his speed that seperates him anyway, its his sick juking moves, he can start and stop even better than Santana I think, isn't nearly as fast as Moss, but he's one the best, if not the best, slot WR in the game.

I agree. I saw a highlight clip of ARE and on a kick/punt return, he put a SICK move on the kicker that had me laughing my *** off. He didn't even have to break stride and the poor kicker never came close to laying a hand on him.

I saw Tom Brady throw two interceptions in his last game. Thank god we didn't end up with him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah thank God we had Jeff George and Heath Shuler and Sage Rosenfelds and Brad Johnson and Tony Banks and Danny Weurhful and Patrick Ramsey and any one else to take over for Brady.

Is anyone here really rating ARE that highly??? He's at best going to be our #3 wide reciever, punt returner, maybe kick returner, and gadget play guy. I think he's going to be a good #3 wideout and will benifit from being matched up against nicklebacks and linebackers in the slot. If nothing else, he's a guy out there that teams have to cover, and that's an improvement from last year. Who did we have in the playoffs to take the heat off Santana..Jimmy Farris? James Thrash? I'd say we did well in picking up ARE. He fits under the cap, he WILL make some big plays, and it improves our team. I haven't overrated him. Maybe the author of this post did.

I think it's just the fact that he got an $11 million bonus to be a kick returner and spot wideout.

So you are positive that's all he's going to be huh? A spot wideout? Glad you know our playbook, just do us a favor and don't go yapping to the rest of the division.

How about you reserve judgement until you actually see what he does during the regular season.

ENOUGH ALREADY!! Can we please see the man play a game in a Redskin uniform before we rate him? The man has a great head on his shoulders, he has multiple talents on the football field, and he will help this team achieve it's goal.

There have been at least 10 threads started about this topic, and I haven't responded to any of them until this one. Quit the microscopic anylization, and wait until you see him ont the playing field before you make your mind up about on if it was a good move to go after him.

I think he will be dynamic on the field, and will surprise even the harshished critics. He played for a running team, who had a rookie quarterback, who was asked not to make throwing mistakes. So cut him some slack.

Archived