Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Ohhhh baby, that Cung Le KO was picturesque. Lead hooks have a soft spot in my heart, inspiring. Takes so much practice to make that punch effective. The key is jumping in to it. Roy Jones Jr.'s lead hook was incredible, he'd jump in to that baby and ruin people, a lot of times to the body.

He called it lucky in his post fight interview, but luck had nothing to do with that. It was textbook.

Sonnen quote from TMZ:

I'd like to congratulate Ronda Rousey on becoming a pioneer in this sport. It's well deserved and overdue."Looks like Mitt Romney has a new favorite fighter and Rampage Jackson has another opponent he can't beat."

Forget Jon vs. Sonnen, Chael should be fighting Rampage. Hey lookie what that would open up, Silva vs. Jones. I guess all parties involved are gun-shy. This is why BJ Penn is the ****ing man and always will be. This is why Frankie Edgar is astonishing. It's why I'm baffled as to why Fedor is so unappreciated lately. These guys could easily, easily cut down in weight, but they go after bigger and badder men until they're stopped.

Anderson has even said BJ Penn is the best fighter ever --- he said it loud and clear, with GSP sitting right next to him, listening in, long after GSP had beaten BJ twice. Anderson never explained why, but I assume next to BJ's awesome technical prowess - is that BJ has balls the size of Jupiter fighting Matt Hughes and GSP at 170.

And you know, perhaps we should blame ourselves as fans a little bit. Because BJ doesn't get the credit he deserves. The thing we always say is that he has poor cardio and had "so much more potential". Well, if BJ capitalized on that potential, then he may have beaten Rich Franklin back in the day for the MW strap. That 16-8 record is one of the ballsiest in history. And look and who he's challenged lately. Fitch, MacDonald. These guys win more than than Peyton Manning does, but BJ doesn't give a ****.

Bottom line is that the positives of Silva vs. Jones severely outweigh the negatives. Those two fighting next Summer would be absolutely ****ing enormous for MMA. Yes, the loser shall acquire a very famous L on their pretty little record, and I know they don't want Jon KTFO early in his career, but this would be a breath of fresh air and a giant jolt to the sport. The timing is right.

I don't think it will happen, though.

At this point Anderson Silva losing would not hurt his legacy, it would merely be a sign it is time for him to retire. Kind of like Fedor. He was unstoppable for nearly a decade, but once he lost, he should have taken it as a sign.....it was over fast.

That is life of an MMA fighter.

Silva losing to Jones in 2013 would say more about Silva's career being over, moreso than Bones being TGFAT. Won't Silva be just shy of 40?

At this point Anderson Silva losing would not hurt his legacy, it would merely be a sign it is time for him to retire. Kind of like Fedor. He was unstoppable for nearly a decade, but once he lost, he should have taken it as a sign.....it was over fast.

That is life of an MMA fighter.

Silva losing to Jones in 2013 would say more about Silva's career being over, moreso than Bones being TGFAT. Won't Silva be just shy of 40?

I don't understand how losing to Jones would somehow signal the end of Silva's career. Yes he's an older fighter, but he's shown no decrease in skill. In particular, his speed & reflexes are as sharp as they have ever been. Losing to Jones, who's a very bad matchup for Silva stylistically, is just a loss. It

Pablo Garza

pablo_garza_vs._yves_jabouin_2.gif

GarzaPaixao1.gif

Also, breaking news

Bad news, Nick Ring sick, fight with Costa Philippou cancelled.

After falling ill following Friday's weigh in, middleweight Nick Ring has been pulled from his UFC 154 bout against Costa Philippou. There will be no replacement opponent for Philippou, and tonight's card will proceed as scheduled with 12 fights. Moving to the main card will be the lightweight fight between Mark Bocek and Rafael dos Anjos, and the matchup between Antonio Carvalho and Rodrigo Damm now moves to the FX prelim portion of the card

http://www.ufc.ca/news/Nick-Ring-Out-of-154

Edited by styx491

The Mazagatti hero-save in the second gif is great, as up and down as he's been.

---------- Post added November-17th-2012 at 03:26 PM ----------

Dana says if GSP wins he's fighting Anderson. Anderson will be in attendance cageside. Oh snap. Guess the Jones vs. Anderson heat got a little too hot. When the jig is up, who are the easiest to sacrifice, business wise? The two older gentleman, of course. Jones needs to stay awake for the UFC, Anderson threatens that.

Fair enough. GSP vs. Anderson. Let's see it. Let's go GSP. Condit, you're a gamer, I'm kind of thinking you could go all-Serra in this fight. GSP via decision, 4 rounds to 1.

Hendricks TKO's Kampmann late in round 1.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Dana says if GSP wins he's fighting Anderson. Anderson will be in attendance cageside. Oh snap. Guess the Jones vs. Anderson heat got a little too hot. When the jig is up, who are the easiest to sacrifice, business wise? The two older gentleman, of course. Jones needs to stay awake for the UFC, Anderson threatens that.

Fair enough. GSP vs. Anderson. Let's see it. Let's go GSP. Condit, you're a gamer, I'm kind of thinking you could go all-Serra in this fight. GSP via decision, 4 rounds to 1.

Hendricks TKO's Kampmann late in round 1.

I wonder if Dana has let GSP in on those plans. He still doesn't sound all that interested in the fight. Especially now that WW has some new contenders for him to decision.